Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread - Redskins Verses Bears

JimmiJo

why were you at the mall during a skins game lol c'monnnnnn man

ask fox5NY that question...i attend college on long island, where apparently fox 5 decides not to show a frickin game at 1 pm!!! cause the state of  new york is messed up. ughhh, soooooo living in Virginia the rest of my life after college...at least during the football season. i miss being able to watch my redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Fred Davis better tell his agent to find a new team for him.  Shanny in his post game press conference said he does not play well on special team.

We have a new tight end who has talent.

I was at a sports bar today and you should have seen the look on this Chicago Bears fan's face when he

realized his team had lost.  He was in total shock.

Anyone else hear on 1067 about an hour ago when a black guy called in and said "if Shanahan was a black coach, he would have been fired by now"?

I had to do a facepalm when I heard that.  The whole conversation had nothing to do with race when he threw that out there.

Anyone else hear on 1067 about an hour ago when a black guy called in and said "if Shanahan was a black coach, he would have been fired by now"?

I had to do a facepalm when I heard that.  The whole conversation had nothing to do with race when he threw that out there.

That was UnWise Mike

You don't have to know **** about the backup Qb. That's why they're backups. No excuse for McCown owning us the way he did. Good defenses handle McCown and any other backup QB. Our D is not good.

Im sure Baltimore said the same thing about Cousins last year..lol  Lets be real.. its tough when the back-up comes in because you really know nothing about him or his skills. I knew that our defense would struggle against him because he was more mobile and all week the game planned for a statue. In fact I think that's why the Redskins have a good opportunity to beat Denver because Manning isn't mobile.

Exactly to quote a famous Redskin "Whats a Longley?"

and losing our perfect season to Steve Beuerlein.

I think if we'd been 15-0 we'd have played to beat Philly.  Or done something like play Humphries so Rutledge wouldn't have been in more than half the game

Im sure Baltimore said the same thing about Cousins last year..lol  Lets be real.. its tough when the back-up comes in because you really know nothing about him or his skills. I knew that our defense would struggle against him because he was more mobile and all week the game planned for a statue.

True. Having a backup QB come in when a starter is injured can complicate things.

Look no further than Redskins history. Like the '82 NFC Championship game against Dallas. The Redskins 'D" was smacking the Cowboys and Danny White around. White gets hurt and some guy named Gary Hogeboom comes in, throws two TDs and puts the Cowboys back in the game (fortunately, it turned out well :) ).

Or when Theismann went down with his injury against the Giants. Some guy named Jay Schroder comes in and saves the game for us and turns our season around.

Backup QBs can really play havoc with an opposing defense.

Look no further than Redskins history. Like the '82 NFC Championship game against Dallas. The Redskins 'D" was smacking the Cowboys and Danny White around. White gets hurt and some guy named Gary Hogeboom comes in, throws two TDs and puts the Cowboys back in the game (fortunately, it turned out well :) ).

And my dad came home from work one day that following week and said there were bumper stickers on cars that said, "Real Men Aren't Named Hogeboom"...good times!

I never lost faith in Robert's comeback, he'll get better and better just like Adrian Peterson. I'm becoming a fan of DHall, last week he shot down Bryant this week it was Marshall. He plays great, doesn't draw stupid penalties and shot his mouth. Jordan was outstanding catching 50% of the passes representing 45% of the total yards gained by the receivers.

I don't understand why we wouldn't design an offense with the two headed attack of Fred Davis and Jordan Reed.  Gronk/Hernandez'isk - Lets not forget how all last year up until Fred got hurt all Mike and RG3 could talk about is what a special guy having Fred out there is.

I don't get why when Fred is healthy he doesn't get out there with Jordan and give RG3 extra security blanket for check downs

Maybe Fred isnt' fully recovered yet.  Maybe lots of things.  I trust our coaching staff to play the best players on any given Sunday.

Robert looked great yesterday, and he sparked the team.  Now the rest of the team needs to step up too.  Also, Kyle needs to open up the playbook and not be so conservative, and I saw more shotgun/pistol plays yesterday.  I didn't notice that clock management was an issue this game.  We need more hurry up offense, we seem to have success with that.

.... I knew that our defense would struggle against him because he was more mobile and all week the game planned for a statue. In fact I think that's why the Redskins have a good opportunity to beat Denver because Manning isn't mobile.

Manning isn't mobile, but is his backup?  I won't say more on this topic (for now.)

The fact that the backup QBs seem to do well (it cant just be us, right?) makes me think coaches should not hold their starters quite as sacred as they do. Suggesting putting in a backup, my lord you'd think the team was moving to a new town. NO!!!!

Coaches are stubborn.  Look at how long it took for them to embrace a rookie QB and give him some of his college plays, versus make him hold a clipboard on IR for 3 years. Someone want to make a list of QBs that failed, reasons unknown? Oh he sucked is not a very detailed reason.

Something is not quite right. All that practice time given to the starter, unquestioned all year, yet the backup who is worse, does just fine thrown into the fire. Oh, it was just the defense that was not ready for it? Well how the hell is the ball getting into the open WRs hands.  The offense wasn't ready for him either.

Archived