Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**official 2013/2014 Winter Weather Thread**

Chew

Any clown maps to drool and/or cuss at?

The models are showing a huge storm that slips east of us, and rides along the coast. Cape Cod gets hammered in this Canadian model run. We get virtually nothing.

image-6.jpg

This could easily trend west, and if it does, we could potentially get the biggest snow of the season. It looks like we'll have another blast of cold air in unison with the storm. It's much too early to tell what is going to happen. 0"-24" is my current prediction. Could miss, skim, or nail us.

Long Island is in double digits.  I would love one last good snowstorm!

Siberia would suit your needs.

Why anyone would want snow in the spring considering the winter we just had is a mystery to me. I mean, it's spring. Heck, even kids are tired of it.

70 with birds chirping, and lovely ladies frolicking in sundresses and bikinis isn't the *other* choice to snow on tuesday

there is going to be precipitation.

the temp is going to drop to very cold ...

GIVEN those facts....the question is, would you rather have:

38 degree miserable rain?

or 28 degree big ass snow?

personally.. i think the choice is clear!

(that said i intend to frolick in my bikini on saturday, when it is 70 degress.....)

I just took my California daughter to visit 7 colleges in New England last week, and she already has decided where she wants to go. 

University of Hawaii.   Screw that winter stuff.   It was damn cold.

70 with birds chirping, and lovely ladies frolicking in sundresses and bikinis isn't the *other* choice to snow on tuesday

there is going to be precipitation.

the temp is going to drop to very cold ...

GIVEN those facts....the question is, would you rather have:

38 degree miserable rain?

or 28 degree big ass snow?

personally.. i think the choice is clear!

I'm dreaming of a D.C Christmas

Just like the ones I used to know

Christmas caroling when its 33 and raining

then it freezes to deadly sheets of black ice

so romantic

Beats the hell outta drought, wildfires, earthquakes, and mudslides! :P

seriously LOL.

Though I know my friend Predicto's post was all in fun,

here in Colorado, over 18 people have died in avalanches in 2014.  and just a year ago, a bunch of people died in floods.  and the year before that, a bunch of folks died in wild fires.  :(

Mother Nature is a cold ****.

Go ahead Springfield, jinx yourself again.

I now predict 20" for the DC area.

Hahaha!

All of the storms have trended north and west this season. You're probably right, pains me to say.

I haven't looked at any model runs or read any forums about it either. I just want normal temperatures where I can wear a light jacket and not have to worry about bees yet.

I am hoping the model run that brings it west waits until Monday Night or Tuesday morning.  If it happens now, it could definitely change east again.  And yes, I want another snowstorm!!!  For Long Isalnd anyway.

where does long island currently stand in the predictions? im 50/50 on this, i want one last snow day for my college coming off of spring break, but i want warm weather from now until november.

Meanwhile .... the high downtown is supposed to be 69 today.

But that changes dramatically.

For the following four days, the highs will be just above what the normal lows would be.  That, of course, includes the storm days:  Tuesday and Wednesday.

Highs in upper Montgomery the next four days:  48, 39, 38, and 40.

Lows:  36 tonight, then 25, 25, 26, and finally 24 Wednesday night/Th Morning.  Normal lows would be mid 30s. 

So... seems to me, if it does precip, there would be a decent chance it would be snow.  After all, I saw snow falling last week when it was 42. 

As far as spring coming, nothing can grow in these temperatures, obviously.  Usually I have onion grass coming up by mid March and I got nothing here. 

As far as spring coming, nothing can grow in these temperatures, obviously.  Usually I have onion grass coming up by mid March and I got nothing here. 

I have crocuses blooming and the daffodils will probably bloom next week.

There will definitely be a huge, powerful storm off the east coast.  How close it gets will depend on who gets what.  I believe that Long Island is definitely getting snow Tuesday night into Wednesday.  Whether or not it is flurries and light snow or a major snowstorm is still up for debate.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/easter-bomb-hit-new-york-heavy-snow-strong-winds-article-1.1729897

I have crocuses blooming and the daffodils will probably bloom next week.

Where do you live?  South Carolina? 

Edit:  Nevermind.  Haha.  I just talked to my wife. 

"Yeah, bulbs have come up", she answered.

"What kind of bulbs?", I asked.

"You know.  Daffodils, crocuses.  Bulps.", she replied.

"Oh."

:P

Archived