Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**official 2013/2014 Winter Weather Thread**

Chew

Good Morning! 

The temp in upper Montgomery this morning is 18.9 (eighteen point nine) degrees F. 

Potentially, this moment is the coldest point we'll have for the next seven-eight months.  The forecast lows for the next ten days are all higher.

Nobody has posted about what the storm might be up to lately - which is a sign of weakness. 

However, FWIW, everybody's favorite source, TWC, calls for a 30% chance of snow showers late tonight.

The chance for precip tomorrow is 100%.  The high in upper Montgomery is forecast to be 36 F.  They say snow will start early and then mix with rain later, and then change back to snow.  Accumulations 1-3 inches. 

Tomorrow night, snow chance is 50%, with low about 23.

Enjoy.

Slight change in the forecast. 

It'll be a little colder. Precip chance has dropped down to 80%.  High only 35 in upper Montgomery.  There is no mention of rain now - just snow.  Accumulation still 1-3".

Snow tomorrow night early is now 60%, up from 50%.  Low 24. 

Edit @ 8:35 pm...

They say the low is 28 tonight but it's already 28.6 and it's not even 9 PM yet....

Snow should start tomorrow around 8-9 am

It's going to be VERY cold and possibly VERY windy for the next two days.

If anyone is on a barge off the coast tomorrow, you'll be getting 2' of snow. The storm has been steadily forecasted to take a wide track around DC. Inch or two sounds good. Larger amounts aren't out of the question if she comes a bit west, so just keep an eye out.

Do we expect stickage on the roads?  LWX's advisory for the area says the snow could cause travel difficulties in the morning, but most of what I've read elsewhere seems to suggest that the roads aren't going to accumulate much if anything.

Do we expect stickage on the roads?  LWX's advisory for the area says the snow could cause travel difficulties in the morning, but most of what I've read elsewhere seems to suggest that the roads aren't going to accumulate much if anything.

At least some roads have been pre-treated today.  But as cold as it gets tonight, I'd expect it to stick some.  It's already 26.8 here in upper Montgomery and dropping.  Nice cold clear night.  Stars are still out. 

At least some roads have been pre-treated today.  But as cold as it gets tonight, I'd expect it to stick some.  It's already 26.8 here in upper Montgomery and dropping.  Nice cold clear night.  Stars are still out. 

Yeah it's still 37 here.  (Basically I-95/US-1 corridor in NE Baltimore.)

They said 28 and it's 24.4 here and dropping.  I'm right between Frederick, Baltimore, and DC.  Right in the center of that triangle. 

Edit:  They just changed for forecast for tonight a little...

Tonight:  Flurries and a few snow showers throughout the night. Near record low temperatures. Low 23F with temps rising to near freezing by dawn. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 30%.

Good Morning!  The temp is currently 21.9 degrees F and rising. 

The forecast high today in upper Montgomery is 33 degrees F, down from 35 forecast last night.

Snow chance has been raised back up to 100%.  No rain, no sleet, no mix, just snow.  Accumulation is still 1-3 inches.  Snow continues through the evening until about 8 PM. 

Low tonight / tomorrow morning is 24 F.

Enjoy. 

and now this:

Issued by The National Weather Service
Baltimore/Washington, MD Tue, Mar 25, 2014, 2:51 AM EDT

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM THIS MORNING TO 3 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON...

* PRECIPITATION TYPE... SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... 1 TO 3 INCHES... WITH THE HIGHEST NORTH AND WEST OF INTERSTATE 95.

* TIMING... SNOW WILL BEGIN DURING THE MID MORNING HOURS. THE HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED LATE THIS MORNING INTO THE MID AFTERNOON. MODERATING TEMPERATURES THIS AFTERNOON WILL LIMIT SNOWFALL ACCUMULATION.

* TEMPERATURES... MID TO UPPER 20S THIS MORNING. HIGHS IN THE MID TO UPPER 30S.

* WINDS... SOUTHEAST AROUND 5 MPH.

* IMPACTS... ROADS WILL QUICKLY BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY DURING MID MORNING. MOST SURFACES WILL BECOME WET AND SLUSHY THIS AFTERNOON WITH TEMPERATURES RISING ABOVE FREEZING.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

&&

A cinderblock outside measured 2.5 inches earlier, but now it's a little less.  It's melting faster than it's accumulating.  Temp - it got up to 38.1 earlier, but now it's at 36.9 (high was supposed to be 35). 

A driveway portion that's normally in the sun is just wet, but if it's normally in the shade, it has a couple inches on it. This is true for my driveway and other driveways. 

Good sized flakes still coming down. 

TWC says we'll get another inch or so through 10 PM.  Temp will drop to 24.  Upper Montgomery. 

But the radar is showing a huge hole over the city stretching all along the I 95 corridor from Richmond to Baltimore...

Yeah I didn't measure the grassy area.  I should do that... brb...

ahh, 2.5" on the grass, 2" on the driveway (shaded part) and the cinderblock.

Guess you got a little bit more in Rockville. 

Temp dropping slowly... 34.2 F now.  Snow still coming down...

The snow on my weber top sorta slid off it was so wet.  But now it's starting to accumulate again. 

Archived