Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pft: Schwartz Praises Shanahan's Sportsmanship After Lions' Camera Fails

Toe Jam

Look at a man's values, then see if he follows them when no one is watching.   That is the measure of a true man.

Shanahan didn't have to share his pictures.  No one could have forced him.  He did anyway, out a a sense of sportsmanship and honor. 

Possibly because there is pretty much no damn difference between what our camera shows and theirs? Its not like the camera is capturing our coaches calling plays.

Anyway, I can understand the "**** them; its not our problem" sentiment from a certain point of view (aka winning at any cost), but I'd guess that Shanny isn't necessarily the kind of guy who wants win based on a cheesy advantage like that. Besides, if you can't beat a team without them being deprived of the ability to analyze whats going on (basically being blind) then you shouldn't even be out there.

Classy move.

Have you watched the games?  We need every advantage we can get right now to win a game.

Look at a man's values, then see if he follows them when no one is watching.   That is the measure of a true man.

Shanahan didn't have to share his pictures.  No one could have forced him.  He did anyway, out a a sense of sportsmanship and honor. 

I find it hard to believe the league doesn't have a policy on this already.  I think the only reason he was made aware of it is because the league heard about it.  

We're 0-3. If a TEAM is at a disadvantage, you don't assist in them in gaining advantage.

We're talking about the competitive sport of Pro Football, this is not a church function.

As a coach if Im 0-3, I don't won't to hear of their camera issues until the post game press conference.

We're 0-3. If a TEAM is at a disadvantage, you don't assist in them in gaining advantage.

We're talking about the competitive sport of Pro Football, this is not a church function.

As a coach if Im 0-3, I don't won't to hear of their camera issues until the post game press conference.

He wasn't assisting them in gaining an advantage, he was removing a cheap, artificial "advantage" that his team had via the failure of a piece of equipment the home team is mandated to provide and letting the game play out as two teams against each other, not one team against a mostly blinded one. 

Yes, its the competitive sport of football and in football there are actually people who have standards and want to win in an honest straight up game. The whole "win at any cost no matter what" mentality for football (or any sport) I think gets ridiculous. It isn't a life or death scenario.

He wasn't assisting them in gaining an advantage, he was removing a cheap, artificial "advantage" that his team had via the failure of a piece of equipment the home team is mandated to provide and letting the game play out as two teams against each other, not one team against a mostly blinded one. 

Yes, its the competitive sport of football and in football there are actually people who have standards and want to win in an honest straight up game. The whole "win at any cost no matter what" mentality for football (or any sport) I think gets ridiculous. It isn't a life or death scenario.

Ridiculous. It is not against the rules to refrain from helping your opponents defeat you. It is not dishonorable to refuse to assist your opponents in the commision of defeating you in any endeavour. If I am playing a game of chess it is not my responsibility to infor opponents of rarely invoked rules such as  en passant or tell them I have a possible mate in 5 coming if they dont avoid a certain line. Should be call penalties on ourselves and use our challanges to help them too? This isn't golf.

Ridiculous. It is not against the rules to refrain from helping your opponents defeat you. It is not dishonorable to refuse to assist your opponents in the commision of defeating you in any endeavour. If I am playing a game of chess it is not my responsibility to infor opponents of rarely invoked rules such as  en passant or tell them I have a possible mate in 5 coming if they dont avoid a certain line. Should be call penalties on ourselves and use our challanges to help them too? This isn't golf.

Oh give it a rest. It wasn't helping them defeat them. It was removing a stupid, artificial, cheesy advantage that they had due to not being able to provide the mandated technology to the other team. Its not like the Skins coaches saw a bunch of stuff the Lions were doing wrong that was allowing them to move the ball on their defense and went over to give them their assessments and recommend how they adjust their game. They weren't telling them the plays they were going to run; your comparisons are silly.

And yes, this isn't golf...and? So because it is a game where people hit each other that means that using such an embarrassingly lowbrow "advantage" as this to win at any cost is ok? Is the game just too manly for civility and wanting to actually win a game straight up?

Oh give it a rest. It wasn't helping them defeat them. It was removing a stupid, artificial, cheesy advantage that they had due to not being able to provide the mandated technology to the other team. Its not like the Skins coaches saw a bunch of stuff the Lions were doing wrong that was allowing them to move the ball on their defense and went over to give them their assessments and recommend how they adjust their game. They weren't telling them the plays they were going to run; your comparisons are silly.

And yes, this isn't golf...and? So because it is a game where people hit each other that means that using such an embarrassingly lowbrow "advantage" as this to win at any cost is ok? Is the game just too manly for civility and wanting to actually win a game straight up?

Well you know what. I hope Coach sends Kyle on over to Kinkos to fax out game plans too. That would be yet another classy move.

Why stop at the cameras? When there are so many deeds left to do?

Just as I'm thinking how refreshingly 'peaceful' this place of ours has been in the wake of this seasons start that in years past would of had the board in utter carnage, and how mature the fanbase has taken it in the main; I click on this thread. 

Some amongst our number are decrying 'sportsmanship' now? Man alive, y'all must think Coach Gibbs is from another planet. You do understand the ethos of sport right? SMH. 

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Sighs. 

Hail. 

Well you know what. I hope Coach sends Kyle on over to Kinkos to fax out game plans too. That would be yet another classy move.

Why stop at the cameras? When there are so many deeds left to do?

The fail never ends. Hang on, I need to go get a third arm surgically implanted on my torso because a double facepalm simply won't cut it at this point.

I'll bite...

CLEARLY this is just even more evidence to prove that Mike Shannahan secretly wants the Skins to lose because he just wants to cash in the last couple years worth of paychecks Haynesworth style...

Right?!?

Right?!?

Who's with me?!?

Conspiracies!!!!! Conspiracies!!!!

PS. Robert...don't think that I'm not onto your game either you diva you...I'm sure that you are somehow involved in these shennanigans too

Archived