Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Td's For Kaepernick

RG3fan

You know how Colin Kaepernick ripped apart the Packers throwing TD's? You would think that Kaepernick would have done the same with Seattle but he threw no touchdowns at all. Some would be saying to "bench him".  I assume he gets a free pass for not throwing touchdowns where other QB's would be yelled at over it.

You know how Colin Kaepernick ripped apart the Packers throwing TD's? You would think that Kaepernick would have done the same with Seattle but he threw no touchdowns at all. Some would be saying to "bench him".  I assume he gets a free pass for not throwing touchdowns where other QB's would be yelled at over it.

'Other' QB's being ....

Hail. 

Big difference between Seattle and GB defenses.

Its still early, but the Seahawks giving up 10 pts through 2 games, including one against the Super Bowl runner up, is pretty damn impressive.

Have to agree with you about him being impressive. CK has fantastic speed.

He couldn't even throw a checkdown that night. All he could do was run and throw interceptions, he couldnt do anything in garbage time either... Legion of boom isn't that good and the Niner's O-line is godlike...What was his excuse?

Not an excuse but they were exposed without Manningham, Crabtree, plus Sherman locking down Boldin and taking him out of the game.  I think Vernon Davis went down too.

Skins had a pretty darn good OL in 2005 (before Thomas went down), yet our passing attack was largely limited to Cooley and Moss.

As I said after our game against the 9ers, I thought it was Boldin that beat is more than Kaepernick. We didn't have our nickel corner or our safety, so he was a mismatch in the slot and made Kaep look good. Seattle has a more complete defense and Kaepernick didn't have anyone wide-open to throw in the general vicinity of.

I watched that game and the contrast in the performance and level of intensity of both defences compared to what I had seen from our defense against Green Bay was unreal. 

Wilson and the Seattle offense looked like crap for most of the first half as well - he was 1-8 and a pick at one point early second quarter. The difference was the Seattle defense totally shut down the 49ers offense and Wilson had time to turn things around as the 49ers defense gradually wore down. If that had been us playing against the 49ers they would have been out of sight by half time and we would have been playing catch up like we have in the first two games.

Mean while, Alex Smith has 4 TDs and zero INTs, compared to 3 and 3 for Kap.  Alex is also 2-0.  Rating is 94.7 to 81.6 favoring Alex.  I sure hope Alex wins again this weekend (Eagles) and starts 3-0.

Andy Reid.  I hated the guy in Philly but he can definitely improve an offense and get a lot out of his QBs.  Alex Smith isn't great but he's good in the right system.  The Chiefs did really well this past offseason.  They are easily the most improved team in the league IMO.   

I don't know why people give Jimmy Harbaugh so much credit for QB developmental skills for what he did with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick, but always forget about Andy Reid.  Reid led McNabb to have a nice career, turned Vick's career around, and made Kevin Kold millions of dollar for being injury prone. 

Colt McCoy, Colt McCoy, Colt McCoy, Colt McCoy.....

So since his amazing game against the Pack, here are Kaep's stats for the last 2 games:

26/55 (45.3% Comp.), 0 TDs/4 INTs, 16 rushes for 107 yards (0 TDs), 2 fumbles (both lost). He's also been sacked 6 times.

The 49ers have lost their last 2 games by a combined 46 points. They've scored 10 points combined in those games.

Wilson was 8/19 for 142 yards w/ 1 TD and 1 INT. Luck was 18/27 for 164 w/ 0 TDs and 0 INTs. Neither team had a 100 yard rusher, but in each game the 49ers opponents had more rush yards than pass yards.

I still think Kaep has the tools to be a solid NFL starting QB, but it is very apparent that the "Kaep is the best of the bunch" sentiment was very premature.

Everyone looked at his physical tools and assumed that translated into elite status, however when it comes to purely the passing game, he easily has the most flaws in his game out of the 2012 rookie class (I know he was 2011 rookie)

I still think Kaep has the tools to be a solid NFL starting QB, but it is very apparent that the "Kaep is the best of the bunch" sentiment was very premature.

Everyone looked at his physical tools and assumed that translated into elite status, however when it comes to purely the passing game, he easily has the most flaws in his game out of the 2012 rookie class (I know he was 2011 rookie)

He's looking like RG3 out there :)

lmao one of them has two healthy knees and the other doesn't

That's the only thing that helps me sleep at night. :)

We can expect Bob to continue to improve. In fact, we've seen him slowly shaking off the rust. Kaepernick really has no excuse. "No talent around him" didn't slow down Luck or Bob last year, and besides it's not true, so I don't want to hear it. 

Archived