Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Jaworski Says The Redskins Won't Make The Playoffs ?

Red_dog1

I'm along the same mindset. To be honest though, there isn't a single team on our schedule this year that actually scares me. Our pass rush will be back with Rak in the lineup. And maybe I'm in the minority, but I do believe our secondary will be way better this year, despite two rookies likely getting a lot of playing time. Plus we have an offense that can keep up with the best of them. We might give up 30 plus to those teams, but we can easily score 30+ on them also. 

Orakpo is overrated. Our pass rush is back...with Tapp and Brandon Jenkins and an even better Kerrigan. Orakpo is scary because he has a deep voice and huge muscles but that doesn't get you 12 sacks and it never has with him.

Orakpo is overrated. Our pass rush is back...with Tapp and Brandon Jenkins and an even better Kerrigan. Orakpo is scary because he has a deep voice and huge muscles but that doesn't get you 12 sacks and it never has with him.

Seriously?  Overrated?  Really?  He had 11.0 sacks his rookie season in 2009, with Rocky McIntosh playing on the other side from him (who recorded 0.0 sacks that year).  In 2010, he had 8.5 sacks with Andre Carter (2.5 sacks) and Lorenzo Alexander (1.5 sacks) playing on the other side.  In 2011, he recorded 9.0 sacks, 3 forced fumbles with Kerrigan playing on the other side, who recorded 7.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and one INT for a TD.  Then he got hurt week 2 at the beginning of the game last season and was out for the rest of the year.  

He played 1.5 games in 2012 and he already had 1 sack and 1 forced fumble and off to what appeared a great start to a great season.  He literally had no other threat playing on the other side with him his entire career until 2011, then teams had to start accounting for either him or Kerrigan because they could not simply double team both of them.  

Also, I don't know what games you watched, but everyone knows that in 2011 Rak was getting held on what seemed like every play and never got any flags in his favor (hardly at all) and he clearly had the lineman beat (thus the excessive holds on him) and would have likely had more sacks that year.  

He is not overrated.  If everyone stays healthy (which didnt happen yet another season (Carriker out, etc.) I expect his numbers to go up.  But with Kerrigan opposite him, they can't afford to let him go every play, so they pick and choose which player to double team.  

Numbers alone don't make you a great player. He helps the entire defensive line by demanding double teams. The offense has to pick their poison. You leave Orakpo one on one, and he will win that battle a vast majority of the time. Double team him, and you'll leave somebody else one on one; either Kerrigan, Tapp, or Jenkins. With Kerakpo (yes I made that up) on the field, the D will be much better than last year.

Personally I feel every talking head out there is underestimating us (except Moss...LOL). That is ok, we have not earned respect yet as our QB got hurt last year and lets face it everyone pointed to his over the top play to get us that division win.  We skins fans know differently. We know that if our D was performing like years past last year we probably go 12-4.  We know if we just get 80% of the level of performance from the offense as last year we win this division.  Let them think we are going to suck.  We all know we are the team to beat in the NFC east.

Lets take a look back for a second shall we:

NFL.com 2012 predictions: http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/0ap1000000055270/article/2012-nfl-predictions-super-bowl-xlvii-winner-mvp-more

ESPN.com 2012 predictions: http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview12/story/_/id/8295463/espn-experts-nfl-predictions-2012

SI.com 2012 predictions: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/09/04/nfl-predictions-2012/index.html

Let them talk--clearly they are taking shots in the dark. I mean look how many people thought the Chiefs, Jets and Bills were going to make the playoffs! 

NFL.com 2012 predictions: http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/0ap1000000055270/article/2012-nfl-predictions-super-bowl-xlvii-winner-mvp-more

ESPN.com 2012 predictions: http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview12/story/_/id/8295463/espn-experts-nfl-predictions-2012

SI.com 2012 predictions: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/09/04/nfl-predictions-2012/index.html

Let them talk--clearly they are taking shots in the dark. I mean look how many people thought the Chiefs, Jets and Bills were going to make the playoffs! 

Interesting (though not surprising) to see that not a single person on all three links picked the Skins to make the playoffs; and only two total picked RG3 as OROY (out of what.....20 or so?). Just goes to show forecasts mean nothing.

I like how nfl.com had one person out of 16 pick the cowboys for the nfc east... and everyone else picked either the eagles or giants. So just 1 out of 16 even picked a team in the top half of the division. Or how about Ian Rapoport and Akbar Gbajabiamila choosing the eagles to win the super bowl. In hindsight these predictions are hilarious.

Oh man and just read Jeff Diamond's blurb on his prediction for the worst record in the nfl. He predicted Dolphins finishing with the worst record and then drafting Matt Barkley to replace Tannehill and sell tickets in apathetic south florida. That's just too rich.

Jaws is the first ever ANAL baby. He has two dads John Mara and Jerry Jones. Shunned at birth he was adopted by Dick Vermeil. Jaws has been quoted as saying you spend the first 9 months trying to get out ,the rest of your life trying to get back in. On a side note jaws like to slather himself up with mayonaise before he does a segment. :D

Jaws is a Eagles Homer. I think he is very warped about his opinion of the Skins. I think he feels incomplete as a ex player and a losing quarter back of a Super bowl, and he has never really been able to "Get over the loss". I remember when we drafted Cousins, and there was Jaws poo pooing the selection. Jaws went on and on about the Skins have now created a Quarterback controversy. We move ahead a year, Cousins, still needs grooming. But if any thing, Cousins proofed he can win games.  Plus, Cousins will garner high draft picks if traded.  Hail

if Jaws was to be consistent...he should now be espousing the view that Shanahan has created yet another QB controversy by keeping White. Is White about to overtake Cousins as the backup? If RG3 is injured, will White take over as the number 1 QB and run the read option? Where is Jaws on those topics.

Wait until after this season, and if Robert throws for 4000 yards, SUDDENLY, Jaws will elevate him to the number 1 QB in the league. Ya know what...hindsight is 20/20....and these so called ESPN experts are payed to tell you what is coming...not what has happened, and as such...JAWS is a failure. (as well as most of them are)

if Jaws was to be consistent...he should now be espousing the view that Shanahan has created yet another QB controversy by keeping White. Is White about to overtake Cousins as the backup? If RG3 is injured, will White take over as the number 1 QB and run the read option? Where is Jaws on those topics.

Wait until after this season, and if Robert throws for 4000 yards, SUDDENLY, Jaws will elevate him to the number 1 QB in the league. Ya know what...hindsight is 20/20....and these so called ESPN experts are payed to tell you what is coming...not what has happened, and as such...JAWS is a failure. (as well as most of them are)

I am starting to wonder if White is being kept on because the skins are juggling trading either Cousins or White.

I am starting to wonder if White is being kept on because the skins are juggling trading either Cousins or White.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but perhaps they feel like Pat White could be "RG3 lite" and become his long-term backup without having to change the offense if he needs to step in.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but perhaps they feel like Pat White could be "RG3 lite" and become his long-term backup without having to change the offense if he needs to step in.

No.  Stop.  That is an insult to RG3.  They are pretty much polar opposites when it comes to passing the ball.  

I get that fans of other teams might still think RG3 is jut a running guy, for for cryin out loud...

No.  Stop.  That is an insult to RG3.  They are pretty much polar opposites when it comes to passing the ball.  

I get that fans of other teams might still think RG3 is jut a running guy, for for cryin out loud...

Most likely Captain Kirk is going to be gone next off season.Trade value will be to good to pass up  Cousins wants to be a starter. He is to good to be a back up.Rex grossman is a aging vet who can step in but his NFL value is only with the skins..  Your absolutely right about Pat white not being the same kind of passer.but he is no joke running the read option. The coaching staff is seeing improvement in his passing game. I believe he has value as a back up to rg3 as the no.2 next year. If he was practice squad eligible he would be on that for practice value alone. He actually has more scout team value then grossman.

Archived