Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football! Redskins vs Titans: What are you looking for?

darrelgreenie

1. Aldrick Robinson

2. Kick/Punt returners

3. Roy Helu

4. Chris Thompson (crossing fingers he plays)

5. Amerson, Phillip Thomas, Rambo

Thompson's playing? I didn't know that. In that case, I'll add him to the list. I'm excited to see what he can do. Is Reed playing too? Or is he still out?

1. Aldrick Robinson

2. Kick/Punt returners

3. Roy Helu

4. Chris Thompson (crossing fingers he plays)

5. Amerson, Phillip Thomas, Rambo

Thompson's playing? I didn't know that. In that case, I'll add him to the list. I'm excited to see what he can do. Is Reed playing too? Or is he still out?

FWIW Reed was in a walking boot at yesterday's walk-through. 

Hope to get a good look at:

Line depth

See how our rookie secondary deals with NFL caliber players

Watch the SexCannon shake the rust off (Don't want to risk undo injury to Cuz either)

See if Pat White can pass the Cannon to the #3 slot.

If our scrubs can preserve/ claw out a "W". Preseason doesn't count overall but winning the 1st one and starting right always means a little more to me than the remaining 3.

I DON'T want to see:

Our walking wounded pushing themselves too hard (Hall, TWill, Merri, ect) As far as Rak goes.... I know you hungry man, but save that pec.

I don't know if it's me, but it seems like the injury bug is coming down in plaguelike proportions this preseason, so stay safe guys.

HTTMFR! ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-NO INJURIES

-Aldrick Robinson's development

-Helu's return

-Rambo, Amerson

-Cousins 

-Rexy unleash the dragon(you know play like Montana one second, Sanchez the next)

-Thompson (if he plays)

-Basically just happy for football to be back

also remember if a rookie gets beat he doesn't suck, if Cousins plays amazing he is not the starter, if the offense plays bad Kyle shouldn't be fired, etc.

*NO INJURIES GOES WITHOUT SAYING

Apparently not given the multitude of replays stating that dg man lol

Honestly, I'm not really looking for anything. It's the first pre-season. The starters for both teams will be out there a series or two if we're lucky. The back-ups a little more. Then the far reaches of the depth chart the majority of the game.

Seriously hard to take much if anything from the first exhibition game. Folk will. But in reality it's all fluff.

Hail.

I'm kind of interested to see how much they will push the offense with all the camp battles.

Last season was unique as in it was a brand new offense with RGIII, it was obvious the Shanahan's refused to show any of their hand, the read option was not run a single time, they never really went for any big plays. Morris was still an unknown stud, etc etc etc.....

This season, the team is trying to take the next step. The league knows what we are running, so there might not be such a need to hold back as far as forcing the players to show what they have to offer.  We really need to see some of these guys perform and earn their spots in 2013.  On offense, we know what Garcon & Moss have to offer, but Wilson is coming off a season where he played with 7 screws in his foot, Hankerson had his first full season, Aldrick is looking to be more consistent and a complete WR.....I really want to see those 3 take the next step, or 1-2 of them really establish themselves as a big threat opposite Garcon.

I guess summing up, I want to see the backups and depth show that they want to be a part of a team that is going from a division winner to a championship contender. Teams like these are a privelage to be on at this time.  This isn't the land of a perennial losing team anymore.  We need solid depth in order to make a long sustained drive into postseason as opposed to simply getting there.

I'll be keeping a close eye on:

Rambo, Thomas, Amerson, and if he plays, Merriweather. Also an eye on Kehl and Compton at ILB, and, if they play, Barnett and especially Brandon Jenkins.

For offense I'll be looking at Cousins as everyone else will be. Also an eye on Hank, Devry, Aldrick, and Skye Dawson.

Keeping an eye on the return game and STs in general.

1. Secondary, especially the safeties but also Amerson and Biggers at corner.

2. Brandon Jenkins - can he produce some pass rush as per the ES man crush hype?

3. Roy Helu - does he have his burst back and can he stay healthy enough to lock down the 3rd down back spot.

4. Tom Compton at LT and also Gettis and LeRibus - how have they developed.

1st preseason game though so not expecting much or going to read a lot into what happens and the most important thing is no injuries.

Honestly, I'm not really looking for anything. It's the first pre-season. The starters for both teams will be out there a series or two if we're lucky. The back-ups a little more. Then the far reaches of the depth chart the majority of the game.

Seriously hard to take much if anything from the first exhibition game. Folk will. But in reality it's all fluff.

Hail.

To each there own.

Preseason is all about individual ability and technique. It makes evaluation so much easier.

I believe that if you know what you're looking at their is a lot to glean from preseason.

Prime example is your boy Compton. Compton will be starting at LT and it the first chance to see how he responds matched up against a starting NFL DE, and in most cases coaches don't scheme to 'help' OL in preseason. Its gonna be a glimpse into Compton's future.

I'm looking for what could propel us to a serious contender and that's the rook's in the secondary. Being that they'll get a shot against 1st teamers will be worth watching in itself.

Now on to Mr. Brandon Jenkins. Based on the hype here I expect him to shine against 2nd and 3rd teamers. Again, that's based on the fellas on here that swear he's the second coming. ;)

Archived