Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where to watch Redskins Preseason games

HtownRocks111

Preseason is one thing, but regular season is another. Southeast Texas, where men are men and sheep are scared, its the Texans or pot luck. If  only Direct-up yer TV would have a package where you could purchase 1 team's season games, i'd be tickled pink [ no, not Boonesfarm ] but I haven't discovered any other way except the ticket.

I really, REALLY do not wanna take it up the poop chute and pay 300 for NFL Ticket, but if push comes to shove, i'll spread em...

You can get the standard package for $225 (no redzone or recaps) but its a great way to save cash. Plus, take 15 minutes and give them a call, if you have been a longtime customer they usually get you a discount. I have the entire deal (usually $300) for $150 this year with redzone, recaps and the ability to watch on you ipad (which is handy when travelling).

I figure around $10 per game is worth it. Sucks the skins will be in primetime 5-6 times this year, though....

Not all sportsbars can get pre-season games because those games are usually handled by smaller local networks and don't have nationwide deals.  In order for the bar to get them, they need to have one of those old big c-band satellites that they can use to manually tune into local networks from around the country. Lucky enough for me there is one in my town that has this ability, but like I said I've never had trouble with the online streams so I usually just use those.

Not all sportsbars can get pre-season games because those games are usually handled by smaller local networks and don't have nationwide deals.  In order for the bar to get them, they need to have one of those old big c-band satellites that they can use to manually tune into local networks from around the country. Lucky enough for me there is one in my town that has this ability, but like I said I've never had trouble with the online streams so I usually just use those.

Very true indeed. Perhaps the sports bar has the NFLN and they show non stop reruns.

Its worth a try over the phone but better if youngo to each bar in person ;)

I see that two of the pre season games will be aired live. I paid the 20 bucks from nfl.com though.

It looks like the regular season have quite a few prime time games which is great. I still get the nfl ticket on direct tv though. It is getting expensive but I like to watch a lot of the other games as well. When you live in Iowa and retired ,you need this. I usually try and go to one game a year when the skins play at a stadium close to us but lately you take your life in your own hands when you go into the enemies back yard.

Preseason is one thing, but regular season is another. Southeast Texas, where men are men and sheep are scared, its the Texans or pot luck. If  only Direct-up yer TV would have a package where you could purchase 1 team's season games, i'd be tickled pink [ no, not Boonesfarm ] but I haven't discovered any other way except the ticket.

I really, REALLY do not wanna take it up the poop chute and pay 300 for NFL Ticket, but if push comes to shove, i'll spread em...

I haven't paid $300 for the ticket in years. I got it for $180 this season(and got the $400 package for that price) Just call them and negotiate/threaten to cancel. They'll come down.

I haven't paid $300 for the ticket in years. I got it for $180 this season(and got the $400 package for that price) Just call them and negotiate/threaten to cancel. They'll come down.

Well, they've already pissed me off, so I just stopped paying them, so i'm sure my account is closed anyway.

In an ironic twist, since they have this new channel specifically for dogs, my dog Rocky will be signing up for Directv soon, and i'll just mooch the free NFL Ticket when he's napping, or i'll put his food outside and lock the door when he goes out. I just hope customer service doesn't call and want to talk to him... :D

I don't know how people cut off their TV. Home phone, then cell phone, then Internet would be cut off first. I can go somewhere with my laptop to get Internet service.

I see it happen more and more in today's economy, with rising cable prices. I sympathize with them. I went several years without cable, only internet. 

I have cable this year, but it isn't set up in this room. I'll have to watch on NBC 4 in SD. 

I don't know how anyone can enjoy watching sports or a movie on a 4 inch phone screen or a 14 inch laptop screen. I can't be on the Internet on my computer at work like I used to so I'm on my iPhone, and its a pain in the ass to type anything.

I watch on ipad mini and love it. The screen is right in front of my face in HD as I'm laying down in bed. Also wish I wanted and bought today so I could have see the $5 off code but oh well. If skins win tonight the sports book will cover my costs.

I must be an idiot. I've spent 30 minutes going round and round and round on the NFL website trying to find ONLY the NFL Preseason package for $20. Everything I've clicked on takes me to the "Season Plus" or "Season" packages which are for the full NFL season. Worst website I've seen in a while....

Does anybody have a link they can post?

I just canceled my tv subscription to save money and with that was the CSN channel that carries the Redskins preseason games.  Is there any plane online I can watch these?  I'm not interested in paying the outrageous charge NFL.com charges to watch the preseason games there.

How is $14.99 outrageous for 4 preseason games?  If you use the promo code DTV25, you get $5 off the charge.  That's less than 4 bucks per game.  Plus, you technically get every preseason game for every team, regardless if you watch other teams or not.  Hardly an outrageous price lol.   

I used to do the streaming websites posted on here and with all the ads, ****ty grainy quality, connection loss to the host, spyware, etc.  I just said screw it last year and bought it through NFL.com and get every game in HD quality, high speed connection, no ads, etc.  

Archived