Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nick Barnett to sign 1-year deal with Redskins

CaliSkinsFan92

He was rated the #5 outside LB this offseason by PFF

5. Nick Barnett

2012 Grade: +6.0 
2012 Snaps: 1,025

Summary: After two decent years in Buffalo, the Bills released the veteran linebacker. He showed sparks in 2012 of still being a great player, recording four games with four or more stops. He had a positive coverage grade in 2012, in large part due to quarterbacks avoiding him. His 9.4 cover snaps per target was the highest in the league for 4-3 outside linebackers. His Tackling Efficiency of 17.2 was sixth-best for 4-3 outside linebackers with at least 50 tackles. By the time the 2013 season hits he will be 32, so he won’t be making an impact in the league much longer. However, he can be a short-term fix as an every-down linebacker.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/02/21/ranking-the-2013-free-agents-linebackers/

Mays is better and younger ... but what the heck ... still a good pick-up.

A move the Patriots would make.

I was not even monitoring the Barnett situation. Then I'm driving home tonight listening to Sirius NFL Radio. A Giant fan was lamenting their LB situation saying they won't have a run-stopper. Pat Kirwan replied, "Well the Redskins have one in town right now and if Nick Barnett leaves there unsigned, that's the one."

I like the experience and the starter-quality.

Archived