Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Post: Weiner rising in NY City Mayoral Poll

grhqofb5

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/spitzer_weiner_ahead_in_polls_qMn1OSHJBTDEqZy29XefNO

Sex scandals don’t disqualify you for public office in New York City. Eliot Spitzer and Anthony Weiner are leading their respective races for city comptroller and mayor, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

Weiner led the crowded field of Democratic mayoral hopefuls, capturing 25 percent of the vote. Right behind was City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, with 22 percent. Former City Comptroller Bill Thompson had 11 percent, Public Advocate Bill de Blasio took 10 percent and Comptroller John Liu was at 7 percent. Quinn beat Weiner among women by a narrow 23 to 21 percent.

I like a good old fashioned comeback story, to be honest.  While many would have wilted into retirement, Weiner appears to only be hardened and emboldened by the controversy surrounding his private life.  Shows that political desolation does not last forever in this country, but interestingly women seem to be less accommodating to Weiner than men, according to the numbers. 

Any headline that says weiner rising commands attention. 

Weiner didn't do anything really wrong. He was pushed out primarily because of the embarassment factor.

Spitzer, on the other hand, broke the law to hide his indiscretions - money laundering laws he had vigorously prosecuted others for breaking.

Weiners weiner cause him to be a non winner.

It's really depressing to me that he even has a shot. Spitzer is the real head scratchcer for me. I think the Madam said it best:

"Eliot Spitzer broke state and federal laws in his use of prostitutes and paid no penalty; I broke the law and paid my debt to society," Davis, who served four months in prison, said in a statement. "There cannot be two standards of justice, one for the average citizen and another for the political and social elite."

We're doomed if peeps keep electing these turds.

What Weiner did was stupid and embarrassing. Spitzer on the other hand, I just don't get it. This is him from last Sunday morning

“It's been five years, I have taught, I have written, I have participated, I have hosted a few TV shows,” he said with a confident tone that had mostly been missing from his other appearances. “I have done things that are important.”

None of those things makes me think "He gets it". None.

What Weiner did was stupid and embarrassing. Spitzer on the other hand, I just don't get it. This is him from last Sunday morning

“It's been five years, I have taught, I have written, I have participated, I have hosted a few TV shows,” he said with a confident tone that had mostly been missing from his other appearances. “I have done things that are important.”

None of those things makes me think "He gets it". None.

Maybe it's taken out of context.  Being elected the mayor of NYC is no small thing, I was thinking the public might give Weiner a bone by watching his TV shows, which would satisfy most, but this is pretty big bone. 

It's sad that we can't expect better from politicians.

Sptizer is a criminal. Weiner has appalling lack of judgement. It's one thing to seduce and bang Marilyn Munroe; it's quite another to send photos of your dick.

Weiner has historically not been known for good judgment. 

It's one thing to seduce and bang Marilyn Munroe; it's quite another to send photos of your dick.

Yeah, during Clinton, I recall observing that the country has sunk a lot, when we've gone from "There are rumors that the President is sleeping with Marilyn Monroe, but there's no proof". to "The President has been getting BJs from an office intern, and we've get semen to prove it".

Weiner has historically not been known for good judgment.

Neither is mine. :)

The issue with Spitzer is NOT that he had extra-marital affairs; I couldn't give a damn about that. The issue is that he broke the law - the same laws against money-laundering that he prosecuted others for and sent them up the river.

People are outraged at George Allen Jr and his political career is over because some goofy word he used to make fun of an opponent's lackey filming him sounds like a racial epithet in another language that his mother spoke; but a guy who champions anti-corruption while laundering tens of thousands of dollars to hide paying hookers deserves a 2nd chance?

In you can't make this **** up news. The Weiner has been caught once again. LOL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/new-anthony-weiner-scandal_n_3640841.html

Anthony Weiner responded to new sexting allegations on Tuesday following claims from nightlife website "The Dirty" that the former congressman had engaged in sex chats with a 22-year-old woman in 2012.

The mayoral candidate released the following statement:

I said that other texts and photos were likely to come out, and today they have. As I have said in the past, these things that I did were wrong and hurtful to my wife and caused us to go through challenges in our marriage that extended past my resignation from Congress. While some things that have been posted today are true and some are not, there is no question that what I did was wrong. This behavior is behind me. I've apologized to Huma and am grateful that she has worked through these issues with me and for her forgiveness. I want to again say that I am very sorry to anyone who was on the receiving end of these messages and the disruption that this has caused. As my wife and I have said, we are focused on moving forward.

Let's be clear about this, because he's trying to muddle the waters.  This happened a full year after he apologized to the public and to his wife after getting caught the first time.  Sexting with a 22 year old girl, sending explicit pictures of his junk.

These aren't old texts surfacing now.  These are texts he sent AFTER he ruined his Congressional career.

The lack of judgement is stunning.

I read before how devasted his wife was after that first go around.  And here he's putting her through that again.  What an ass.

Ok, the fact that he's still doing this AFTER he's been caught is a rather clear indication the dude has no self control. I could care less about politicians' personal lives, but this displays an inability to exercise even a modicum of self restraint.

Archived