Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter Final Season Discussion

SpacePenguin

Season 8 starts tommorrow night! Will Deb finally lose it? (Probably)

Will Dexter finally reap what he has sewn? (Almost definitely)

Am I glad a supposedly serious show that doesn't make me cringe/laugh all that much is returning? (Yes)

Can't wait to see Laguerta's dead ass dumped. Maybe Deb will even accompany her brother on the disposal run. Something tells me Batista and Quinn will become the antagonists this go around. Should be interesting.

I would just bump the old Dexter thread, but no search feature, so....

Looking forward to it, especially since I re-watched the entire 7th season during the marathon on Showtime last Sunday and even got boyfriend watching.

I have mixed feelings about how I want the series to end. Part of me has always believed that the only way to end it is with Dexter's death. At this point, though, I almost think that would be the easy way out.

I have mixed feelings about how I want the series to end. Part of me has always believed that the only way to end it is with Dexter's death. At this point, though, I almost think that would be the easy way out.

I know what you mean. As much as I like Dexter as a character, it would be very lame if there were no consequences for his actions in the end. At the same time, simply killing him off in the final episode is so anticlimatic, and has been done to death in these kinds of antihero plotlines. Either way would hardly suit the show as it has been written up to this point.

I'm leaning towards him losing something more precious than his own life, like Harrison dying or Deb going insane as a result of his actions, and Dexter having to live with it secretly.

It sounds twisted, but that's really the only satisfying ending I can see to a show like this. This whole post also applies to Breaking Bad lol.

I know what you mean. As much as I like Dexter as a character, it would be very lame if there were no consequences for his actions in the end. At the same time, simply killing him off in the final episode is so anticlimatic, and has been done to death in these kinds of antihero plotlines. Either way would hardly suit the show as it has been written up to this point.

I'm leaning towards him losing something more precious than his own life, like Harrison dying or Deb going insane as a result of his actions, and Dexter having to live with it secretly.

It sounds twisted, but that's really the only satisfying ending I can see to a show like this. This whole post also applies to Breaking Bad lol.

Judging from the trailers, it looks like Deb has in fact lost it. I haven't been that crazy about the last couple of seasons, hopefully they end it on a strong note.

I didn't really like the first episode.

Me neither.  The wife and I turned it off about halfway through.  Will probably go back and finish it later in the week.

Interesting that Harrison has lines and character developement, etc now.  Space penguin may be on to something... I hope nothing happens to the kid, my outlook on these types of things have changed greatly since becoming a parent myself.

I actually liked the episode.  I never have cared for Deb and still don't, but the Dexter old lady profiler thing is at least starting of to be very interesting.

I loved it as well. As you, I never liked Deb very much, but seeing her like this is still pretty sad. The old british lady coming in from nowhere is unexpected, and like you said it seems to have started off well. The old bag has some brass ones to hand a serial killer pictures he drew as a child. I mean even though she guessed about the code....to bet your life on it takes some guts lol.

But yeah, I have liked every season of Dexter aside from the Fight Club-esque Travis Marshall/Professor Geller one....so I'm not surprised I liked the premier.

Anyways, as for Harrison....I have about the opposite opinion of DC9. The kid seems extremely annoying to me (and apparently to Dexter as well). I guess that's what happens when they become able to talk and walk lmao. Condoms willing, I'll never find out firsthand.

I still think Batista is going to end up playing a major role this season. Quinn seems to still be too obsessed with getting laid to think about much else, so he may just stay that way....hard to tell right now.

Oh, and somebody said something about the trailer hinting at Deb's issues...I never watch them. It's basically the show spoiling itself, not sure why anyone watches em.

Something about La Guerta having a memorial bench named after her made me chuckle. I always despised her, though. Dexter really has zero remorse to be sitting on it. I greatly enjoy this show ;p

I actually liked the episode.  I never have cared for Deb and still don't, but the Dexter old lady profiler thing is at least starting of to be very interesting.

I loved it as well. As you, I never liked Deb very much, but seeing her like this is still pretty sad. The old british lady coming in from nowhere is unexpected, and like you said it seems to have started off well. The old bag has some brass ones to hand a serial killer pictures he drew as a child. I mean even though she guessed about the code...to bet your life on it takes some guts lol.

But yeah, I have liked every season of Dexter aside from the Fight Club-esque Travis Marshall/Professor Geller one....so I'm not surprised I liked the premier.

Anyways, as for Harrison....I have about the opposite opinion of DC9. The kid seems extremely annoying to me (and apparently to Dexter as well). I guess that's what happens when they become able to talk and walk lmao. Condoms willing, I'll never find out firsthand.

I still think Batista is going to end up playing a major role this season. Quinn seems to still be too obsessed with getting laid to think about much else, so he may just stay that way....hard to tell right now.

Oh, and somebody said something about the trailer hinting at Deb's issues...I never watch them. It's basically the show spoiling itself, not sure why anyone watches em.

Something about La Guerta having a memorial bench named after her made me chuckle. I always despised her, though. Dexter really has zero remorse to be sitting on it. I greatly enjoy this show ;p

Guessed? I'm almost positive she helped Harry with it. I'm also assuming that Matthews knows about Dexter as well.

Guessed? I'm almost positive she helped Harry with it. I'm also assuming that Matthews knows about Dexter as well.

Hmm...yeah, I always thought Matthews knew about Dexter, given the way he acts. I suppose Harry bringing her the photos and asking for her help back when Dexter was a child makes more sense than her being able to put the pieces together herself.

I hope you're right. I just assumed it was Harry's idea for him to only kill criminals, since I recall a scene where some guy Harry busted got off on a technicality, and he used him as an example to explain the code to Dex. I guess the old lady could've helped, the code just seems like something a cop would be able to justify to himself, moreso than a psychologist. The lady does seem a bit twisted though lol.

I thought the beginning was a little slow but it got better the second half.  I like the plot layout so far.  I am wondering if Harry contacted Dr Vogel when Dexter was a child to seek help so that is how she knows everything about him. 

I honestly expect Dexter to die this season and it will be just a matter of who does it.  I don't think he will survive since this is the final season. 

I honestly expect Dexter to die this season and it will be just a matter of who does it.  I don't think he will survive since this is the final season. 

I picture it ending with Dex wither killed or jailed and a fade to black of Harrison killing a hamster or some small creature like that.   

I think Matthews knows about Dexter. Otherwise I don't think he would have tried so hard to push LaGuerta off the case. Well, also because he wanted her job back...

I do like the direction they're taking with Dexter realizing that he needs Deb more than she ever needed him. 

I liked the show early on, and especially during the Lithgow season, but I've faded out over the last few seasons.  I still watch because my wife is into it and I'm interested in seeing what eventually happens, but I honestly don't get any real enjoyment from this show anymore.  I just have a sense of dread about the whole show and its characters.  Once Deb shot Laguerta last season I knew this was going to a season of "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MADE ME DO WHAT I DID OMG I HATE EVERYTHING" with nothing but strife and angst.

I picture it ending with Dex wither killed or jailed and a fade to black of Harrison killing a hamster or some small creature like that.   

Pez thinks Deb will kill Dexter. 

The episode seemed a mess.  I like Vogel, but other than her, the suspense at the end, and seeing Jamie getting it on, the episode was pretty annoying.

I really don't like the dynamic between Dexter and Deb now.

It kind of feels like Deb is dragging the show down.

The episode seemed a mess.  I like Vogel, but other than her, the suspense at the end, and seeing Jamie getting it on, the episode was pretty annoying.

I really don't like the dynamic between Dexter and Deb now.

It kind of feels like Deb is dragging the show down.

I don't think she is a good enough actress to pull off where they want to take her character.

Charlotte Rampling, a very good actress and no cosmetic work.  She has a wonderful face, like women are supposed to look as they age, not with their faces pulled back so that they no longer look like themselves.

I don't watch Dexter much but I have it on now and noticed Rampling.  One of her best movies is The Swimming Pool.

Great episode directed by Keith Gordon ( "Arnie" from Christine, etc).   Gordon has directed some of the better Dexter episodes.  Good pacing and development and not over the top.  This season is off to a good start. 

Charlotte Rampling, a very good actress and no cosmetic work.  She has a wonderful face, like women are supposed to look as they age, not with their faces pulled back so that they no longer look like themselves.

I don't watch Dexter much but I have it on now and noticed Rampling.  One of her best movies is The Swimming Pool.

She has great piercing green eyes..with an icy stare.  I remember her in Swimming Pool, great film.  I also remember her in the Verdict with Paul Newman. 

Current episodes of DEXTER are shown on Pay-TV here, but re-runs are being shown on FTA late at night.  This is one reason why I love the ability to download TV episodes.  I started to watch the first episode but the audio went out of synch and started to give me a headache.

Anyway, there has been news of it, especially about it being the last season ever, and how there is a who's who of A-listers wanting a gig.

Before this season started, I thought Quinn or Batista would be the obstacle, and then after last week I thought maybe Vogul....after this episode it's looking like Deb is a bigger threat than any of them.

The hitman was nice enough (unbelievably) to leave her alive, and then she hauls off and starting popping caps in a parking lot? Then when confronted, she basically blames it on Dexter and seems to be under the impression that it isn't the last time she'll randomly kill someone. Great, lol.

Anyways...it was pretty obvious Deb killed him. Still cool....but still not sure how a former cop can be so completely idiotic as to cut herself and leave her blood at the scene.

Ah well, highly entertaining episode. It still requires less suspension of belief than much of what passes for television these days.

And before you say it, yeah yeah I know, she's ****ed up and in a bad place....but really LaGuerta was a total **** to her the entire series. It'd be different if she'd shot Batista or something, but LaGuerta? Ugh, ok lol

I feel like that would be a suitable ending. It's too much of a cop out to just kill Dexter or put him in jail. I feel like viewers want to know that something will continue on, even if it is that evil cycle. Maybe Harrison is the next Dexter (since Evelyn believes psychopaths are good for humanity).

Anywho, the way I would like to see it end is that Evelyn somehow helps Dexter rid himself of his "dark passenger" for good. Will that happen? I guess it depends how believable you could make it (since it can't just vanish, real work would have to be put into it). The reason I would like to see it/think it is somewhat of a possibility is because to me Dexter seems to have become more and more human as the seasons have progressed. Aside from that whole killing thing...

Archived