Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter Final Season Discussion

SpacePenguin

I cracked up when Dexter tranquilized Deb, and Vogel commented, "That was interesting."

Line of the season thus far....lmao. I really like her character more than I thought I would.

..also Deb is getting extremely tiresome, even more so than she always has been. I kind of wish Dex would put her down already.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the worst Dexter season so far. Seven episodes in and it's a messy jumbled storyline with no real threat and sense of urgency. Just total crap so far. The first episode was really good and everything since has been awful.

I'm watching more so because I've watched every episode of the series and this is the final year. Its going out on a low note so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Two episodes left. This show is garbage. Would have never thought that the writers would take the badass, ruthless character from the first few seasons and turn him into a soft and weak mouth breathing idiot. 

Sad that this show started with great characters like Brian, Doakes, Laila, Miguel, Lundy, Trinity and ended up with crap like this. 

Two episodes left. This show is garbage. Would have never thought that the writers would take the badass, ruthless character from the first few seasons and turn him into a soft and weak mouth breathing idiot. 

Sad that this show started with great characters like Brian, Doakes, Laila, Miguel, Lundy, Trinity and ended up with crap like this. 

Agree completely.

2 episodes from the final episode and we're still watching him chase down another serial killer. Not sure how the managed to screw this one up so badly.

There was nothing enjoyable about this season. Majority of the storylines this season were completely pointless. They could have written this show by using Saxon as what Dexter would have been without Vogel, Harry and the Code. But instead we get to see Masuka's daughter, Jamie and Quinn, Coke Deb and Elway plus Hannah McKay. Of course Dexter didn't give a **** about Hannah but all of a sudden she's back and now he's so in love with her that he's searching Argentina on google images. This show sucks. Didn't they lose their writer(s) after season 4 and bring in a new crew?

They established a certain level of quality over the first 3-4 seasons. I'm simply disappointed that a show I once loved is going out with a whimper.

What ending would you like to see?  There's only so many ways to end it, such as Dexter goes to prison, Dexter flees the country, Dexter dies, etc.......I'm not sure how it's going to end, but I think it would be lame and predictable if they kill off Dexter.  Right now you have Dexter trying to move out of the country, while a federal marshal is hunting them down and he's in a race against time hunting down Vogel's son.  I think that is creating some interesting challenges. 

There was nothing enjoyable about this season. Majority of the storylines this season were completely pointless. They could have written this show by using Saxon as what Dexter would have been without Vogel, Harry and the Code. But instead we get to see Masuka's daughter, Jamie and Quinn, Coke Deb and Elway plus Hannah McKay. Of course Dexter didn't give a **** about Hannah but all of a sudden she's back and now he's so in love with her that he's searching Argentina on google images. This show sucks. Didn't they lose their writer(s) after season 4 and bring in a new crew?

I disagree with everything you said.   Dexter has pretty much always cared about Hannah.  Are you sure you've watched all the episodes?  It's pretty obvious that Dexter was in love with her.  Masuka's character is for comic relief.  Introducing a daughter for him helps show some growth to his character.  Masuka doesn't take up a lot of time.   He's just sprinkled in there to lighten the mood.   I see a lot of criticism but no suggestions.  Do you suggest that Masuka, Jamie, Quinn, Deb, and Hannah not even be in the show?  Does Dexter show up to work at an empty police station? 

Bringing in a new writer doesn't always mean a show turns for the worst.   Hell on Wheels season 3 has been real good with a new writer this season.

The guy turned her into the police and didn't give two ****s about her while doing it. And now he's ready to move to Argentina like a week after she pops up again? The writers for this show have always stretched things but please. 

I don't suggest that other characters be removed from the show. But please tell me of another Dexter season that had this many pointless story lines. Even the worst one before this (S6) was written better.

What ending would you like to see?  There's only so many ways to end it, such as Dexter goes to prison, Dexter flees the country, Dexter dies, etc.......I'm not sure how it's going to end, but I think it would be lame and predictable if they kill off Dexter.  Right now you have Dexter trying to move out of the country, while a federal marshal is hunting them down and he's in a race against time hunting down Vogel's son.  I think that is creating some interesting challenges. 

I was hoping the final season would focus more on Dexter's world crumbling around him. With two episodes to go, the only one somewhat on his trail is a newly introduced character. I wanted something different than Dexter spending the overwhelming majority of the season doing what he's always done. I'm sure some of the main characters will finally find out who Dexter really is, but I thought it deserved more time than what's remaining.

I'm still not sure how I want Dexter's ultimate fate to play out, I just don't like the route they're taking to get there.

The guy turned her into the police and didn't give two ****s about her while doing it. And now he's ready to move to Argentina like a week after she pops up again? The writers for this show have always stretched things but please. 

I don't suggest that other characters be removed from the show. But please tell me of another Dexter season that had this many pointless story lines. Even the worst one before this (S6) was written better.

What?  He turned Hannah in because she tried to kill his sister.  It was obvious he still had feelings for her when he went to visit her in prison.  He turned her in because he felt like he had no choice.  It wasn't because he didn't give a crap about her.  Are you sure you've watched all the episodes?

It's not out of the norm for an ex to come back into someone's life months later and a relationship is rekindled.  It's happened to me before.  It's happened to a lot of people.  People sometimes do get back with their ex.

What?  He turned Hannah in because she tried to kill his sister.  It was obvious he still had feelings for her when he went to visit her in prison.  He turned her in because he felt like he had no choice.  It wasn't because he didn't give a crap about her.  Are you sure you've watched all the episodes?

It's not out of the norm for an ex to come back into someone's life months later and a relationship is rekindled.  It's happened to me before.  It's happened to a lot of people.  People sometimes do get back with their ex.

Even after the ex tries to kill your sister, or drugs you and leaves you on the side of the road. No biggie. Let's move to Argentina. 

Even after the ex tries to kill your sister, or drugs you and leaves you on the side of the road. No biggie. Let's move to Argentina. 

Well, to be honest, Dexter is a serial killer.  It probably doesn't faze him as much as someone who isn't a serial killer.  Dexter isn't your average Joe. 

What doesn't make sense to me is why doesn't Hannah wear a disguise?Cut/dye her hair,wear sunglasses,wear a hat etc.I'm sure it's because the shows producers,want her to look as hot as possible.Nevermind what would happen in real life.

The writing of the show seems to think all it's viewers are slow.Harrison falling on the trend mill was setup like Disney movie,you could see it coming a mile away and everything that was going to happen afterwards.

None of that matters when the ex is Hannah Hot haha

This show used to be one of my favorites. I kinda wish that it would have ended on a high note (Season 4). I still watch it but I can't get into it like I used to.

Maybe you guys would enjoy it more if you didn't try so hard at being a film critic.  I've enjoyed this season.

The biggest problem is it feels like a stand alone season rather than the finale.  2 episodes to go and we're just now kind of scratching the surface of the end game?  It's beyond bad and horribly predictable.  It doesn't help that the writers think the audience is a bunch of morons.  Remember when Dexter's voice-overs used to be insightful?  Now, the only purpose they serve is to explain the action taking place on screen.  

This season should have dealt with the aftermath of Deb killing LeGuerta, which should have lead to the eventual downfall of Dexter.  Instead, there's no investigation, we're given a bench in her honor and a bunch of pointless story lines.  I'm fine with the Masuka story.  His character needed to be something other than just the comic relief.  Quinn's story on the other hand has been amazingly awful.  Seriously.....what was the point of the prostitute story last season?  It went nowhere.  This season?  Quinn doesn't want to be Sgt.  Angel and Jaime want him to be Sgt.  Quinn now really wants to be Sgt.  Angel now doesn't want Quinn to be Sgt.  New character is made Sgt instead of Quinn.  New character is never seen again.  Quinn now really wants to prove himself.  If they weren't going to do anything with the LeGuerta murder, then they could have used this completely worthless "Quinn wants to be Sgt." plot as a springboard to finding out about Dexter while investigating Zach.

Truthfully, Dexter should have ended after season 5, which should have dealt with Dexter finally losing control and abandoning the code.  It looked like that was the direction they were headed after he snapped and killed the asshole in the bathroom in a fit of rage but Showtime wanted to milk this puppy for all it was worth.  

Edit:  Has Miami Metro ever solved a murder?

People need to stop comparing this season to season 4. Season 4 was by far one of the most shocking endings in TV Show history, theres not much more a crew can do to top that. 

I have been enjoying this season so far, except for many filler episodes, but the direction of the show is entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nerdcoremovement.com/original-dexter-showrunner-reveals-how-he-would-have-ended-the-show/

The original showrunner tells how he would have ended the show.

Would have been a lot better than Dexter the Lumberjack.

The less I say about the series finale/final season, the better.

Yeah at first the season seemed pretty entertaining but after that everything became predictable. I had a feeling Deb was going to die, but i didnt see the whole turning off the machine in the hospital coming so that was nice. Not gonna lie tho, I am going to miss this show lol

As far as the original show writer's thought, I think that would have been an epic ending to the series. 

Archived