Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: RGIII #8 QB in 2016

emor09

I don't have ESPN Insider, but here's the link to the article for those who have it

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9406385/nfl-andrew-luck-aaron-rodgers-top-10-qbs-2016?src=mobile

Dan Graziano, ESPN's NFC blogger, posted about it and seems to disagree. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/52404/are-we-now-too-skeptical-on-rg-iii

Griffin may well be too reckless to succeed in the NFL. I personally think he's intelligent enough to understand the things he needs to change and that he'll be able to do that. I think his team plans to develop the way in which it uses him as time goes along to reduce his dependence on his legs. I think he's skilled enough to succeed without the use of those aggressive runs and will showcase the ability to play more under control as his career progresses. And were I making this kind of list, his talent and perspective would mitigate the concerns I have about the style in which he played the first 16 games of his NFL career enough to place him much closer to the quarterbacks he just beat out for NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. I'm not saying there isn't reason to worry more about Griffin than there is about Wilson (who ranks third on Mike's list) orAndrew Luck (who ranks second), but... eighth? 

He's higher than 8th now. 

Total crock. Andrew Luck is way overrated. Turnover machine. His team won some games. So what? He didn't exactly play stellar. Threesus (stole that from the comments section in the link) was the ROY. Wilson had a legitimate argument.

I think peeps are underestimating the power of stem cells. I wouldn't be surprised if his knee will be stronger that it was before the debacle in the playoffs considering his previous surgery at Baylor. Look at AP. Modern medicine, if you have the cash, can work wonders.

Considering SF and Seattle adapted their gameplan more around their QBs later in the season once they saw the success RGIII and the Redskins were having with it, it doesn't surprise me; ESPN loves to hate on the Redskins for some reason.

Kap-a-punk didn't play the entire season, and Wilson { Mini-III } started off rough,  and once their game goes in the tank, they will probably look elsewhere to find a new QB to praise.

But, RGIII did expose himself alot, and paid the price for it.  Mike should have given RGIII season tickets to the Nationals games and tell him to pay attention to how they ssllliiiidddeee.  As long as he stays healthy, and learns to be more wary of his future, he will be fine. Unless the running game goes in the tank, he might not move up the list much, and thats fine with me; balance balance balance.

8th in 2016? Really?

The justification is he MIGHT get injured again and lose effectiveness. So might any other QB on the list ....

Thing is lists like this really dont matter - projecting anything which might happen in 2016 in an NFL context in 2013 is pretty absurd anyway.   

8th in 2016? Really?

The justification is he MIGHT get injured again and lose effectiveness. So might any other QB on the list ....

Thing is lists like this really dont matter - projecting anything which might happen in 2016 in an NFL context in 2013 is pretty absurd anyway.   

Exactly. For all we know, another QB could be drafted or develop within the next 3 years to completely throw this list off. They have no way of knowing. Regardless, placing him there based off something that could happen to any player on the list is extremely biased. 

Can anyone post the list? I'm willing to bet Kap and Wilson--who pretty much play the same style--are higher.

1 - Rodgers 

2 - Luck 

3 - Wilson 

4 - Ryan 

5 - CK7 

6 - Cam 

7 - Stafford 

8 - RG3 

9 - Tannehill 

10 - Bradford

Thanks...I get the feeling that Wilson and CK7 were major flashes in the pan...never to repeat what they did.

The media folks that have been drooling over Luck since he was a freshman want him to be elite sooooo bad...

To be fair if Luck can stay away from injuries (the same as any other QB) and the Colts out a half way decent cast around him he will be. In the same circumstances though I just think RGIII will be a bit ahead of Luck based on what we saw from both last season.

Unless both of RGIIIs legs and at least one arm fall off I am convinced he will be a way ahead of Tannehill.

Can anyone post the list? I'm willing to bet Kap and Wilson--who pretty much play the same style--are higher.

1 - Rodgers 

2 - Luck 

3 - Wilson 

4 - Ryan 

5 - CK7 

6 - Cam 

7 - Stafford 

8 - RG3 

9 - Tannehill 

10 - Bradford

How is Flacco not on the list? He shouldnt be ahead of Griffin, but Tannehill and Stafford? I think Flacco will be better in 2016 

I love it. You know our guy is gonna read it and simply say: "Challenge accepted..."

Last season we were picked by some to go as low as 3-13 and we won a very competitive division. If that's the blueprint then I hope they diss us EVERY preseason.

HTTMFR!

1 - Rodgers 

2 - Luck 

3 - Wilson 

4 - Ryan 

5 - CK7 

6 - Cam 

7 - Stafford 

8 - RG3 

9 - Tannehill 

10 - Bradford

Thanks...I get the feeling that Wilson and CK7 were major flashes in the pan...never to repeat what they did.

Russell and Kap are and will continue to be very good. I wouldn't put them above Robert, but I don't think you should sell those two short.

I think we all can attribute the entire offense to the success of their respective QBs.

Put Bradford in GB, and he would have a great season. 

Now, Cam, on the other hand, I have no idea how he cracked the top 15, much less his ranking here, especially being ranked above RGIII.  He is probably the one QB on this list that I would questuion his

ability to have a better season on a more high powered offense.

But, I will give him this; the NFL60 commercial he did is a friggin' classic; I still laugh at it...

And Alfred Morris wasn't even included in the list of RBs for 2016 but Marcus Lattimore was....

The media folks that have been drooling over Luck since he was a freshman want him to be elite sooooo bad...

To be fair if Luck can stay away from injuries (the same as any other QB) and the Colts out a half way decent cast around him he will be. In the same circumstances though I just think RGIII will be a bit ahead of Luck based on what we saw from both last season.

Unless both of RGIIIs legs and at least one arm fall off I am convinced he will be a way ahead of Tannehill.

If Luck cannot cut down his turnovers then he's never going to be elite...

Just when you think that the **** that ESPN churns out can't get any more pointless....

There's this. A power ranking of NFL QBs.....in 2016!

If people want to argue about this meaningless garbage, they can feel free. Myself, I'll just take this as I do just about everything in the offseason....as baseless hype designed to keep people arguing.

Who can give this kind of article any legitimacy whatsoever? Are you all insane? :P

Just to clarify, I would feel the same way if they ranked Griffin 1st. What some ESPN writer ranks him as just has no connection to reality. It doesn't matter lol. Some article is not going to change what happens this season, much less in 20freaking16.

Guys, he's a QB who likes to run with the ball, who's already had two knee surgeries. 

Yeah, the cat on the 8th life isn't a bad analogy. 

Yes, every QB in the NFL might get injured next year.  But the odds aren't all the same. 

Let's stop and get some perspective here. 

This is just some list on some website about who the best QBs will be in the league three years from now

Should RG3 have been listed higher?  IMHO, yes. 

Are we still glad we're not like Cleveland fans, who don't have these sorts of issues?  Absolutely. 

Keep calm and carry on. 

Eh. 2-6 and Griffin are basically interchangeable at this point. An argument can be made for any ranking of those guys this far out.

Stafford at 7? 

... why? He's got his own injury issues. In four years he's had one good, full season as a pro  ... and it wasn't this past year, despite having the best WR in the league to throw to. 

Stafford that high is a huge reach.

But yeah, in general I agree with those of you who think this sort of list-making is just dumb.

And Alfred Morris wasn't even included in the list of RBs for 2016 but Marcus Lattimore was....

If Luck cannot cut down his turnovers then he's never going to be elite...

Peyton Manning threw 28 picks his rookie year ......but yeah he needs to commit fewer turnovers.

Archived