Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: RGIII #8 QB in 2016

emor09

What, exactly, is his "playing style" that causes injuries?

I won't speak for the other poster, but I think he doesn't throw the ball away enough. There was at least one play during the Bmore game where he was well outside the tackle box just waiting for someone to get open, but when no one did, he tried to run where there wasn't much room; he picked up maybe 2 yards and took a hit. Not a bit hit, but a completely unnecessary one given that he could've easily thrown the ball away.

He also waits too long to slide. He did get better in both of these areas as the year went on, but it's still cause for concern.

Tired of the Russell Wilson hype. The guy was a game manager for 75% of the games in 2012. Go back and watch the Seahawks games from 2012 and tell me why Wilson was so hyped over other then a good finish to the season.

People are using his "story" to overrate his ceiling.  Sure, it is pretty cool that a guy from out of nowhere, that no one heard about, put together a decent season, but it's not the first time an unheralded player has done this and then gone on to never reach the same heights again or just didn't have the ceiling most thought he would.

Saying he will be the #3 QB in the league in 2016 is downright absurd.

Kap however is a QB I wouldn't sleep on, dude is fast, and has an arm, and is pretty accurate. If he can continue to get better, he is like RGIII but built like a linebacker which will help him endure the physical beating during an NFL season.

RGIII is still better than Kap at this point and could very well be for both their entire careers, but I really like what I see in Kap so far.

As far as Andrew Luck - There's a reason he had so many come back wins. Because he was turning the ball over so much during the course of the game.

Luck also played a marshmallow schedule.   Most of those comebacks where against bad teams/defenses.   RG3 and Wilson had stiffer competition.  Even Bill Polian said not that long ago -- lets see what the Colts do when they don't have a 1-15 schedule. 

They're SOS is still weak. Projected as the 3rd weakest.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/2013-nfl-schedule-the-year-the-denver-broncos/22286/

post-210727-0-80906500-1372782569_thumb.png

Archived