Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How did the panda nickname come about? 

He eats a lot, so they poke fun at him about it.  Other articles mention that it was Wall who started it around the time Pierce showed up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/05/09/how-wizards-bradley-beal-got-his-big-panda-nickname/?utm_term=.202e69fb80a7

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Wizards aren't making it to the finals 

Would you like to wager? 

As far as MVP ... It's been the player that brings in the most road dollars...predominantly...for a while. 

EDIT:  Shaq was never truly a league MVP.  Never. Steve Nash we could debate. 

Many players over the years were not the BEST player in the game that year. 

More times than not it is the player that is bringing in the fans...not the BEST. 

Which I think the award should be given to. LeBron won so much, because I don't care what you say the only reason to go see the Cavs was LeBron. LeBron was the best and deserved it most years. He is the only one that stands alone to me. 

MJ wasn't even the best all of the years he won. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think it's a type of combination of best player and best season whether statistical, historical, impact etc 

most road dollars makes no sense. Nash and dirk weren't bringing in more money than Kobe or  Lebron. 

I clarified with LeBron already. Lakers have sucked for a few years now. Arenas still sell out because it is the Lakers. 

Why else would you go see teams like the Mavs or Suns ? They were bringing in fans, meaning valuable. Folks would pay to see players, not teams. Cleveland games before LeBron were a throw in game for packages. 

Hell, ask Steve, you can go to the phone booth anytime the Lakers are in town and be flooded with Lakers fans. You don't see that with the Warriors or Rockets. 

They have lost majjor leads the last two games. Are the Cavs doing a mini-tank in order to get the second seed?! They don't wanna see the Wiz in the second round! 

.....j/k, I'm actually happy this is happening because we are unlikely to regain the #3 seed and I don't want to see them until the finals anyway. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

10 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

.....j/k, I'm actually happy this is happening because we are unlikely to regain the #3 seed and I don't want to see them until the finals anyway. 

Cleveland has no fear of playing a road series against Boston, and they'd get home court throughout the playoffs anyway if the Wizards beat Boston in the second round.  You were joking, but Cleveland is in the rare position of being in almost total control of the bracket by deciding whether or not to tank the Miami game tonight.  Here's the breakdown of how:

1 - The three and four seeds are set.

2 - They own the tiebreaker over Boston.  Boston's final two games are against Brooklyn and home against Milwaukee.  Boston will beat Brooklyn and get to 52 wins for sure.  They'll probably beat Milwaukee too.

3 - The five seed will probably be Atlanta.  Atlanta's final two games are against Charlotte and Indy and they'll probably beat Charlotte.  Meanwhile Milwaukee plays Charlotte and Boston and will probably lose to Boston.  Atlanta has the tiebreaker over Milwaukee, so Milwaukee basically has to win out to get the five seed and hope Atlanta loses to Indy.  Milwaukee has the tiebreaker over Indy and Chicago but not Miami.  However, I think they beat Charlotte and secure the 6th seed.  So given all that, I think the 5 and 6 seeds are basically set with Atlanta and Milwaukee finishing in that order.

4 - Chicago has the tiebreakers over Indy and Miami.  Their final two games are against Brooklyn and Orlando, so they're probably going to win out, and if they do, they're guaranteed a playoff spot.  Indy is a game up on both Miami and Chicago, but to guarantee themselves a playoff spot, they have to win out.  They'll beat Philly and get to 41.  If they beat Atlanta too they'll almost certainly knock Miami out of the playoffs and lock up the 7th seed.

5 - Miami's final two games are against Cleveland and the WIzards.  If Indy beats Philly, then Miami absolutely has to win both of their games to make the playoffs.  The Wizards have nothing left to play for, so they'll probably rest their starters and Miami will win that one.  So basically almost everything about the bracket hinges on the Cleveland-Miami game.

So this is how Cleveland can control the bracket.  Lose to Miami and there is a good chance they've conceded the one seed to Boston.  Not only that, they would have likely knocked Indy out of the playoffs and secured Chicago as their first round match up and stuck Boston with Miami.  And then they can even pick their second round opponent by conceding the one seed by resting their players in the final game and taking a loss to Toronto.

If I'm Cleveland, I'm resting my players these final two games.  Chicago and Toronto is a way softer road to the Conference Finals than Miami and DC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DM72 said:

I don't think I've ever seen opposing teams fans cheer for a player on the other team as much as they've cheered for Russ.

Russ is from another planet, and aliens are very popular.

I just don't think people can wrap their brains around him.

Even someone like Lebron makes sense: What if you took Michael Jordan and gave him Karl Malone's body...... Wow, I'd like to see that.....

Durant: What if the best shooter in the league was also a seven footer?

Russ is basically, what if Allen Iverson was built like an NFL running back and really really really cared to the point that it was kind of disturbing but also was a pretty good passer and rebounder and did I mention he was built Adrian Peterson and dressed like that one dude from Outkast and had it in his mind to average a triple double and goddamn he did that and he took it as a personal affront that people didn't think he was the best player on the court at all times?

What it comes down is that Russ just visibly tries so freaking hard at all times that you almost have to cheer him.