Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Golden State and Atlanta are absolutely unstoppable right now.

We'll see how they look come Spring.

Theres always the teams that blow their wad early, chasing regular season dominance, and have nothing when its time for a 7 gamer.

If im putting money on anybody, its the Grizz, who seem like they can match up well with anybody

Chad Ford has apparently been changing his draft boards retroactively. Redditt caught it. https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2tk9xa/chad_ford_changes_his_draft_boards_years_after/

Deadspin has already picked it up. http://deadspin.com/espns-chad-ford-has-been-retroactively-editing-draft-bo-1681631642

What a ****! I hate it when draftniks do stuff like this.

Why can't he be like all the other draft websites and just delete his old boards and mock drafts?

It's a cottage industry within sports journalism that thrives on nobody ever remembering anything.

What a ****! I hate it when draftniks do stuff like this.

Why can't he be like all the other draft websites and just delete his old boards and mock drafts?

It's a cottage industry within sports journalism that thrives on nobody ever remembering anything.

This has to be some sort of ethical violation right?  They've since changed everything back to how it was before the changes. 

http://deadspin.com/espns-chad-ford-has-been-retroactively-editing-draft-bo-1681631642/1681658049/+bubbaprog

Hours after the revelation that ESPN insider Chad Ford's NBA prospect rankings had been edited years after the drafts they purported to reflect, ESPN's draft rankings pages have been reverted to their original versions.

Edited by Destino

This has to be some sort of ethical violation right? They've since changed everything back to how it was before the changes.

http://deadspin.com/espns-chad-ford-has-been-retroactively-editing-draft-bo-1681631642/1681658049/+bubbaprog

He should be fired. Period. It's not even a question. Needs to go further than that though. I want to see ESPN be completely open and honest on how the boards were changed, who was involved in the decision to do so, who did it, whose orders, so and so forth. They'll probably just bury Ford and that will be that though.

Yeah I mean whos gonna be a 3rd wheel for them? Waiters? It was different when they had Harden, but its literally Russ, KD or bust

Ibaka is happy to take weak ass jump shots all night. He's that rare big man that's an animal on defense and tissue paper on offense.

• Like 1

Ibaka is happy to take weak ass jump shots all night. He's that rare big man that's an animal on defense and tissue paper on offense.

That jumper is his only skill. Doubt he has any confidence in his handle or back to basket game. At least he has a jumper though. When he was a rookie he had no offensive skills at all.

Brooks isn't a great coach, but you can't have Westbrook jacking up more shots than Durant. I don't know if Westbrook's mindset would change with a different coach.

I'm always defending Westbrook, but

1. What would you have him do? He's a point guard on a team with one other offensive option and apparently no offensive sets. Westbrook's crtitics are not going to be happy until he crosses half court, passes to KD, and then stands in the corner or something.

2. He's so ridiculously good. You're mad for the dude taking too many shots on a night where he had 11 assists.

This endless debate that takes place everytime Westbrook goes 10 for 24 is silly. The biggest question is, Should any team be designed where two guys take 55 shots, two guys take 25 shots, and no one else takes any shots? Because that's the Thunder right now.

• Like 3

OKC's problem is 1)Brooks 2) they do not have a decent and reliable 3rd scorer. Ibaka is not that, and the fact that he ventures further and further away from the post and into the 3point line is effing annoying since they desperately need a low post scorer.

Westbrook jacking 24 shots is not the problem with that team. He is the easy scapegoat, but its not that at all.

I actually think they have a strong bench this year with Waiters and Jackson being two guys who can score points, but they are missing the 3rd guy that can score with Durant and Westbrook on the court. Harden was that but he is gone now.

But Scott Brooks is a thunderhead who is on Wittman's level of sucktitude.

Edited by JoeWolf990
  • Like 2