Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Yep. He's just like Adonal Foyle ( Sorry Predicto, I just had to.  :P )

Wow.   He had 15 points in a game (8 of which were on dunks when his defender left him wide open one foot from the basket).  And two blocks.   That highlight reall was just like watching Klay Thompson's third quarter last Friday, all over again.  

Adonal Foyle once had 20 points in a game.  And 20 rebounds in a game.   And nine blocks in a game.   :P   

Seriously, Len is scoring 6 points per game this year.   He might be something someday, but he's not anything yet.  

oh, and Westbrook is a truly great player who can dominate a game, but he's also a bricklayer.  

Brooks doesn't use him right, that's for sure, but I can't say if Westbrook wouldn't keep heaving up those bad shots even if the team had better offensive sets.  Sometimes it seems like all shots look the same to him.  

Wow.   He had 15 points in a game (8 of which were on dunks when his defender left him wide open one foot from the basket).  And two blocks.   That highlight reall was just like watching Klay Thompson's third quarter last Friday, all over again.  

Adonal Foyle once had 20 points in a game.  And 20 rebounds in a game.   And nine blocks in a game.   :P   

Seriously, Len is scoring 6 points per game this year.   He might be something someday, but he's not anything yet.  

That 6 points is a little misleading since he hasn't been a starter that long.

And Len's offensive game is much more than just dunks. He actually has moves in the post. Can step out and shoot etc.

His biggest weakness right now is strength.

I'm not saying he's David Robinson but his upside his so much more than Adonal Foye....and I'm quite certain every NBA scout would agree with me.  :P

I just looked at Adonal Foyle's numbers and yeah,  I sure HOPE Alex Len's better than that LOL

(I just compared Foyle and Len's first two seasons from a scoring perspective and Len beats him 12-2 in double figure scoring games and thats with Len barely playing last season.)

Better FG% Better FT% etc...

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

From Zack Lowe today:

Korver is shooting 53 percent on nearly six 3s per game. If you think all of those are wide-open jobs, you’re not watching the Hawks. Korver barely needs any airspace to flick off his quick release, and he’s shooting 47 percent — a number that could lead the league in some seasons — on 3s in which a defender is within four feet of him, per SportVU. I mean, I can barely process these numbers.

:blink:

• Like 1

Korver is unreal right now.  Video game level.

And no, I'm not saying that Alex Len will never be anything more than Adonal Foyle.  He's already better than Foyle ever was.  I used Foyle as an example of a huge and naturally athletic guy who never developed enough basketball skills to be an impact player. 

All I'm saying that Len right now isn't anything special.  He disappears for huge stretches, then makes one nice play and everyone says "ooohhh..."    It is way, way too early to put him on the list of "the next great big men in the NBA."    

Mostly, I'm disagreeing with the guy who said: "Alex Len wil be competing behidn Anthony Davis as the best center in a couple of years."   That's some Maryland homer goggle vision going on there.

• Like 1

Westbrook catches a lot of crap but he also earns a lot of it. The real wellspring of the criticism of him isn't necessarily that he shoots too much, it's that he makes too many stupid decisions with the ball. One of the best pure athletes in the league, terrific ball handler, exceptional rebounder and defender for his position, Iverson-esque motor. But he's a low IQ player.

I disagree that Durant needs him specifically. And during the stretch last season where Westbrook was hurt, Durant put up the best numbers of his career and the Thunder steamrolled along as a one or two seed. Durant needs a second star to truly contend because pretty much everyone does to have a realistic chance at a title year in and year out. And Westbrook is a legit second star. But Durant would be better off with a second star like John Wall that was actually a smart player. Or a star low post player of some sort.

That terrible offensive system and poor coaching are why Durant and Westbrook take so many bad shots. You can't say Westbrook takes bad shots and not Durant, they both take a boat load of contested jump shots off the dribble. They can make tough shots but the coach should be limiting how often either of them attempt them,

• Like 1

That terrible offensive system and poor coaching are why Durant and Westbrook take so many bad shots. You can't say Westbrook takes bad shots and not Durant, they both take a boat load of contested jump shots off the dribble. They can make tough shots but the coach should be limiting how often either of them attempt them,

Finally someone said it

KD takes horrible shots too. He's a descendant of Kal-El tho so its no big deal

Finally someone said it

KD takes horrible shots too. He's a descendant of Kal-El tho so its no big deal

They are not horrible shots when Durant takes them.   His true shooting percentage is .638, which is incredible for someone with his level of usage.  The shooting rules are different for guys like Durant, Nowitzki or Curry.  Those shots stretch and break down defenses.

But Westbrook is a mediocre shooter at best, so when he makes the same difficult shot selections, he is hurting the team.  

They are not horrible shots when Durant takes them.   His true shooting percentage is .638, which is incredible for someone with his level of usage.  The shooting rules are different for guys like Durant, Nowitzki or Curry.  Those shots stretch and break down defenses.

But Westbrook is a mediocre shooter at best, so when he makes the same difficult shot selections, he is hurting the team.

Agreed. When you shoot like Larry Bird and go 50-40-90, you're not taking bad shots.

Ouch.   Dubs had dumb turnovers late, couldn't buy an outside shot in the second half, and couldn't stop Gasol when it counted.  

Charles Barkley is probably feeling vindicated right now.

I can't recall GSW missing that many consecutive 3pt shots. Steph had a really bad brain fart late in that game as well. Weird game overall, although entertaining.