Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I swear, if the Lakers something get out of Westbrook’s contract, there ought to be an investigation. Probably no investigation, but it would prove without a shadow of a doubt that the NBA is rigged. I’ve heard way too many NBA insiders say that the Lakers would only be able to pay Kyrie $6M if they were to trade for. 

At this point, I’d be shocked if he didn’t wind up with the Lakers.

16 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Wonder if KD and Westbrook could get Philly to give Harden back?

I’d make that trade and throw in Tobias, Thybulle and Maxey (who I’d hate to lose) and a pick or two. 

3 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

I swear, if the Lakers something get out of Westbrook’s contract, there ought to be an investigation. Probably no investigation, but it would prove without a shadow of a doubt that the NBA is rigged. I’ve heard way too many NBA insiders say that the Lakers would only be able to pay Kyrie $6M if they were to trade for. 

At this point, I’d be shocked if he didn’t wind up with the Lakers.

I’d make that trade and throw in Tobias, Thybulle and Maxey (who I’d hate to lose) and a pick or two. 

I think they could only pay him 6 mil if they signed him after he opted out. He took his deal so now his salary matches up with Westbrook which makes a swap easier 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think they could only pay him 6 mil if they signed him after he opted out. He took his deal so now his salary matches up with Westbrook which makes a swap easier 

Yes, they would have to pay him what’s he’s scheduled to earn this year. But that would be the 2nd time in recent memory that the Lakers conveniently got out of a horrible contract if they traded Westbrook. 

On 7/6/2022 at 9:12 AM, The Evil Genius said:

I find the overreacting to 1 summer  league game on Twitter to be silly. Let's see what he consistently does against a lot tougher competition first. 

Nah, ones who are going to be great usually show out in their first SL.  Especially when they are a seven foot shotblocking volume scoring unicorn as the format of SL play puts them at a disadvantage.  Holmgren just did his thing on natural talent and superiority.

This was the year to have a top three pick.  Holmgren is going to be special if he can stay healthy, but kind of incredible there was also a 6'10 250 lb point forward and a 6'10 shotblocking three ball shooter in the class with him.  Next year has the transcendent French kid, but the rest of the lottery looks super guard heavy right now and unlikely to have the same franchise-changing impact as the top of this class will have.

On 7/8/2022 at 5:23 PM, Ball Security said:

Lillard signs a 2 year extension at 61M per. 😗

The "he loves being a big fish in a small pond" analogy feels spot in right now.

It's hard to knock a player for wanting to win where they were drafted, but that's his call if he never even reaches WCF staying there.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Corrupt Adam Silver is trying to lower the age from 19 to 18 for NBA eligibility. Doesn't seem very fair and would kill the college game.

I don’t know.  Now that college has “free agency” and NIL deals, there will be more talent that sticks around.  I don’t see why the elite high schoolers should not have the option to go to the NBA.

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

college basketball already sucks. It’s an awful product. Don’t see this making much difference 

so you are robbing college fans of the right to watch bancero whow ould have gone pro after high school

guys did we forget kwame already? come on!

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

college basketball already sucks. It’s an awful product. Don’t see this making much difference 

Amen.

About all I can tolerate is rooting for local teams in March, and everytime its like watching two teams compete to build a house made of bricks the fastest.

Clang clang, clangity mf'n clang, somebody has to win 🙂

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Amen.

About all I can tolerate is rooting for local teams in March, and everytime its like watching two teams compete to build a house made of bricks the fastest.

Clang clang, clangity mf'n clang, somebody has to win 🙂

Some random ass school goes on a run for a little bit and there's a miracle buzzer beater every year.

image.gif.5772fc89573c955609baef0d823161e1.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

so you are robbing college fans of the right to watch bancero whow ould have gone pro after high school

guys did we forget kwame already? come on!

You aren't robbing anybody of anything.  Banchero is making a decision about what is best for his future.  College basketball fans have no rights or ownership to what Banchero decides to do.

No business is required to allow some other entity to have high quality low priced employees.  Especially at the expense of the earnings of an individual.  The idea that you'd have to drive a mail truck for less pay for the USPS before taking a job for Amazon, FedEx, or UPS would be ridiculed.  There is no reason that college basketball and the NBA should be different.  FedEX, Amazon, and UPS aren't robbing me of a USPS mail deliverer.

If the NBA wants to get that route it is up to the NBA and the players.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1