Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

That said..I agree with RG3. The Favre story should be getting all the ESPN news. 

What a shock, one cheater defending another cheater....

That being said, what Favre did is waaaaaaaaaay worse than Udoka and Griffin's clownery combined.

Nba drama continues.  Malika Andrews is being dragged on social media for the dumbest of reasons, just search her name on twitter if you want to get into that. So much so that she’s trended a few times.  And what happens next in this moment?

Rachel rises from the dead.  The timing is amazing.

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

What she in trouble for? 

IIRC, she brought up that the Celtics new coach for this year (can't remember his name) had some scuffles with the law back in the mid 2000s.  The cases were settled or thrown out, I don't think he was ever convicted.

She brought it up on a broadcast, for all I know she was just reading what she was told to say, then twitter jumped all over her for bringing up someone's past transgressions, etc.  IMO, they were simply getting ahead of anyone else doing any digging on the guy and finding out he had some past issues so no one could accuse them of not giving the full background, full story.  It was a tempest in a teapot and she got dragged ruthlessly for it.  

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

IIRC, she brought up that the Celtics new coach for this year (can't remember his name) had some scuffles with the law back in the mid 2000s.  The cases were settled or thrown out, I don't think he was ever convicted.

She brought it up on a broadcast, for all I know she was just reading what she was told to say, then twitter jumped all over her for bringing up someone's past transgressions, etc.  IMO, they were simply getting ahead of anyone else doing any digging on the guy and finding out he had some past issues so no one could accuse them of not giving the full background, full story.  It was a tempest in a teapot and she got dragged ruthlessly for it.  

She may well have done that, but didn't she get set on fire for suggesting her being replaced during NBA Finals by Malika Andrews was about forcing diversity instead of anything Nichols herself did wrong?  I can understand her trying to making that case behind closed doors, but instead if was pretty public damage control by ESPN.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

She may well have done that, but didn't she get set on fire for suggesting her being replaced during NBA Finals by Malika Andrews was about forcing diversity instead of anything Nichols herself did wrong?  I can understand her trying to making that case behind closed doors, but instead if was pretty public damage control by ESPN.

I was talking about why Malika Andrews was getting dragged last week. But yeah, Rachel Nichols did make that claim.

• Like 1

It wasn’t malika who replaced Rachel. It was maria Taylor. I personally don’t think what Rachel said was as bad as some people make it out to be. It wasn’t good. 2 foul things, 1st someone at ESPN had the the tape of Rachel saying what she said and held it for over a year. 2nd, while the equipment recorded her whole conversation, no one told her, feels like an invasion of privacy. 

either way ESPN don’t care about diversity, but money. 

• Like 1

I casually follow this sport, can't stand it, but can someone PLEASE explain to me how the Sacramento Kings have not made a single appearance in the playoffs since 2006?

Between 2006 and 2016 the Kings got 10...yes, 10 top 10 picks. In fact, in many of those years the Kings were so bad they received a top 3 pick.

And they still haven't made the playoffs even with all this infusion of talent. Am I missing something here?

Yes, I understand. They should have drafted Doncic. But many teams passed on him too. They missed on talent, sure. But 10 years in a row, missing out on talent? Help me understand here.

On 10/3/2022 at 4:40 AM, ixcuincle said:

I casually follow this sport, can't stand it, but can someone PLEASE explain to me how the Sacramento Kings have not made a single appearance in the playoffs since 2006?

Between 2006 and 2016 the Kings got 10...yes, 10 top 10 picks. In fact, in many of those years the Kings were so bad they received a top 3 pick.

And they still haven't made the playoffs even with all this infusion of talent. Am I missing something here?

Yes, I understand. They should have drafted Doncic. But many teams passed on him too. They missed on talent, sure. But 10 years in a row, missing out on talent? Help me understand here.

Criminally bad front office and ownership(s) and cycling through coaches too fast.

I mean they took Tyreke Evans over Steph, Jrue, DeRozan in 2009. Cousins was a no brainer for them in 2010 but he's mental and flamed out of Sactown. They took Bismack Biyambo the pick before Kemba Walker and 3 picks before Klay in 2011. In 2012 they took Thomas Robinson 1 pick before Dame and 4 picks before Andre Drummond...

It's just ****ing hilarious how they've been wrong almost every year. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

This kid is going to ignite a serious tankig season. Never seen a 7-4 player without flaws, he can play any position and has all the moves and accuracy, Lebron called him "the alien" :D

The only question mark is his durability.

Edited by FrFan