Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

9 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Harden has helped, but no way can Philly give him a max extension for how he’s played so far. 

Agreed he’s aging like milk.  He used to fly by defenders that tried to take away his space, now he struggles to get by his defender.  He’s not the same guy if he can’t get to the rim.  

5 hours ago, Hersh said:

absolutely. Take the second and third best players off any team and they are gonna lose in the playoffs. 

This might be the case, but Jokic winning the MVP back to back is gonna cause a lot of hate, especially if he loses in the first round.  If Embid gets to at least the ECF, and Giannis gets to the Finals, this is gonna magnify the hate that Jokic will get for winning a second consecutive MVP.

I predict that this will be the last time he wins the award until he gets to the NBA finals at minimum. I also predict that this will be the last time anyone outside the Top 4 seed in either conference will win an MVP, numbers be damned.  Russell Westbrook also won the MVP as a 6th seed, and in hindsight that was a major mistake. Jokic’s MVP awards will be looked at like Steve Nash’s MVP Awards, in which he’ll get hated on and scrutinized, because better/more deserving  players were passed up.

Edited by samy316

I can see both sides to this, but correct me if I'm wrong isn't the MVP award a regular season award?

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with limiting MVP awards to teams with the best records, either.

I don't agree with Joker getting it this year, either, but he basically dragged his team, injuries and all, into the playoffs in the West. Not a string by their shoes playin team, but the 6th seed. 

This has clearly gotten to him, too, he seems worn down and frustrated, no excuse, but him getting ejected last night and seeing his teammates arguing with each other on the bench tells me there's more to what he dragged to the 6th seed then we know about yet.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

No one was more deserving of Jokic this season. I don’t think people would argue if Giannis or Embiid won it but Jokic did put up historic numbers. 

MVP is a regular season award and the voting is already done. 

Yeah mvp is just a player of the year award. You give to the guy who had the best season. Sometimes that means good stats on the 60+ win team or sometimes it means amazing stats on a 50 win team where they carry the rest. 

i don’t get into “who is more valuable to their team” because that’s a ridiculous comparison and way to judge an award and its not what the award is about. I try to think of the one player that stood out for the whole season. When you look back 20 years later what is going to be the story of that regular season and the player that stands out the most? 

this year was loaded and had 3 imo so Giannis, Embiid and Jokic winning are all fine to me. I would have gone with Embiid tho because I think he stood out to the point it became the story that he had finally taken over the league and was a truly dominant force etc. i don’t think you can go wrong with Jokic tho 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Top 5 defensive player of all time. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

This begs the question, who is in your top-5 defensive players of all time?

Ok, Evil Genius…let’s get these ranked so the forum can see just how smart you are.

Russell

Jordan

Rodman

Wallace

Draymond

GO!!!

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

This begs the question, who is in your top-5 defensive players of all time?

My other 4 would include Hakeem, Pippen, The Glove, and going old school... probably Bill Russell. 

Of that top 5, I suspect only Green can guard 1-5 on the court. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Suns in trouble if Booker is gonna be out a while. 

Agreed.  If he actually pulled his hamstring, they’re screwed.  Just as any team would be to lose their leading scorer at this point of a season.  

I don’t know what they got to do to make these guys more resilient but the injuries are crazy again this season. Maybe they should be playing soccer in the off-season on nice soft well maintained grass fields.  Get those legs moving in different ways without doing too much damage to their knees.  Multi sport athletes tend to suffer fewer leg injuries.