Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

35 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I wouldn't be shocked if KD never plays another game for them.  

I’m shocked he might play at all.  When he was injured I didn’t think there was even a chance.  A muscle strain doesn’t usually heal that quickly.  

26 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Durant probably cares too much, but my mentality would be I'm not doing anything to jeopardize 9 figures in guaranteed income 

Could be his last really good chance at a ring though, if he's planning on leaving Golden State.  Three rings puts you in LeBron/Bird company.

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Could be his last really good chance at a ring though, if he's planning on leaving Golden State.  Three rings puts you in LeBron/Bird company.

Durant's three rings would be asterisked compared to others.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

LeBron's three rings would be asterisked too, right? Or at least his two with Miami?

Just curious.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think they should.  I mean, it's a business and athletes get courted by top teams all the time and pick the best chance to win championships.  GS was privy to the perfect storm, made a pitch to sign him, he accepted.  

I know there is the whole "he went to the team that eliminated him the year before" argument.  But at the end of the day, who cares?  Plenty of players across all sports go to rival teams all the time.  If Durant gets asterisks next to his titles, shouldn't LeBron get at least 2 for forming a super team in Miami?  To me, that was worse than Durant signing with a super team that was built through the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Chew said:

LeBron's three rings would be asterisked too, right? Or at least his two with Miami?

Just curious.  

Image result for great minds think alike gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chew said:

Just curious.  

No. We were a middling Eastern Conference playoff team before Bosh and James signed up, and for most of that era, we were hilariously mismatched against average to elite pg's and bigs

The Warriors were a 73 win machine. And he lost to them previously. There is no precedent

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Thanks 1

Durant's rings were asterisked because he basically broke the balance of the league signing with GSW. They really didn't face much adversity or trials and tribulations the way say Dirk did with the Mavs. Hell even Lebron had to go through a tough Celtics team when he went to the Heat(and lost his first year in the Finals to said Mavs). He's an all time great player, but his rings just feel hollow compared to others.

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

No. We were a middling Eastern Conference playoff team before Bosh and James signed up, and for most of that era, we were hilariously mismatched against average to elite pg's and bigs

The Warriors were a 73 win machine. And he lost to them previously. There is no precedent

So LeBron taking his talents to South Beach, taking a pay cut so that the Heat could sign both he and Bosh, creating their own custom all-star team, isn't asterisk worthy?  The Heat had three STARTERS from the Eastern Conference All-Star team LOL.  And when the Big 3 wasn't enough to win a ship (see: Dirk), Bron went out and recruited the greatest 3-point shooter in NBA history in Ray Allen.  There is a reason Miami was the immediate favorites to win it all as soon as James & Bosh arrived, and they went to 4 straight finals.  

I'm not here to defend Durant or say his rings should not be asterisked, because they should.  But LeBron most definitely set the precedent for this new era of NBA basketball where young superstars leave the flyover market team that drafted them to go join other superstars and essentially build a championship squad in a big market city.  IMO, anyway.

And to be clear, I'm not here to say what Bron and KD did was wrong, do what you gotta do to get that ring.  Asterisk or not, your legacy is cemented as a champion.   But what they did was definitely weak.  Winning a championship by any means necessary is the ultimate goal of professional sports, and maybe the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality is the new standard. 

But "The Decision" definitely changed NBA free agency forever.  

Edited by Chew

Yeah.... No. It has an asterisk only because your (dead ass wrong) opinion.

The All Star voting process is heavily flawed, but sure, I'll take that. outside if those 3, most of our players wouldn't have made an NBA roster, certainly not a playoff one, unless you want to count dudes like Joel Anthony, Carlos Arroyo, Mike Bibby, Ilgauskas, etc among the asterisk worthy.

The Miami Heat, save for the 66-16 year in 2013 (where we faded down the stretch into the playoffs ending up in tough series') were not on the Warriors level.Their team was/is more complete, versatile, younger, and on their best day, cannot be beaten by anyone.

Im not big on asterisks anyway, but this notion that the Heat get one for that 4 year run is laughable, unless you simply did not watch it.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:35 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Is Green old? I thought he was under 30 looks like he’s still 22. 

Regardless, they have young healthy athletic guys in Siakim and VanVleet to pair with Kawhi and Lowry. It’s a formidable punch. 

For reasons unclear to everyone, McQueen thinks NBA players turn to dust at 30.

Green is 31. He looks spry as hell. Ibaka is 29 and literally just had one of his best seasons as a pro. (I think he can play a long time in this off the bench role he has).

Quickly on game 3, I honestly think the Warriors could have survived the Klay injury but for the Looney injury. Their offense was always going to be a problem without Klay, but their defense was an apocalypse. It felt like any single one of 5 Raptors could get to the rim any time they wanted. I have to think having Looney would have done SOMETHING to fix that.

And that's the big concern I have for the Warriors tonight. I think Klay can shoot the ball if you but a cement block on his leg. Their offense should be better simply because of the threat he poses. But if he's a step or two slow on defense, I think Toronto could still be looking at a layup line.

The hope for GSW is that Klay is ok on defense and that forces Lowry into one of those games where he shoots Toronto out of it.

The other hope is that Boogie doesn't look like Kendrick Perkins tonight and actually has some lift. There were times in Game 3 where he looked about 6'6''.

(Part of me thinks the best sports viewing experience in years could be Toronto having a clinching Game 5 at home while Durant makes a miraculous return to the court and puts up like 40. I think that's my dream scenario here. That Toronto crowd is going to be freaking out of their minds if this comes back 3-1).

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother