Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Gasol and Ibaka and Green are all old guys on the doorstep of retirement too Momma.  And yet they each provided key contributions.

Is Green old? I thought he was under 30 looks like he’s still 22. 

Regardless, they have young healthy athletic guys in Siakim and VanVleet to pair with Kawhi and Lowry. It’s a formidable punch. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s not in the moment. KD hasn’t played in a month and is coming back from an injury to his dominant leg. It’s not unrealistic that he might be off for 1-2 games which could be the series for them. 

Obviously he gives them more options and is a shooter that can also create his own shot, I’m just saying it’s not a done deal just because he comes back if he even comes back 

My understanding is Klay is going to be out there for game 4 and not going to be limping.  I don't believe they let KD out their limping, either.  If they both are playing healthy, Raptors don't win another game.  Toronto is a good team I was wrong on the gentleman sweep.

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Is Green old? I thought he was under 30 looks like he’s still 22. 

Regardless, they have young healthy athletic guys in Siakim and VanVleet to pair with Kawhi and Lowry. It’s a formidable punch. 

Green is 31 and Ibaka is 29.  That’s not old in the nba.  It’s past their prime, but it’s not one foot in retirement either. 

6 hours ago, Destino said:

Green is 31 and Ibaka is 29.  That’s not old in the nba.  It’s past their prime, but it’s not one foot in retirement either. 

Ibaka is an Ersan Ilyasova 29.  It's an open secret in the NBA that he's probably four or five years older than his listed age.  It's probably why the Thunder and Magic traded him.  My guess is that he's 33 in reality.  Players don't go through a noticeable athletic decline at 25 like he did.

Danny Green was a throw-in to the Kawhi deal to balance salary.  He'd been in a pretty steep decline the previous three seasons.  But he's got a knack for showing up huge in the Finals.  And his overall rating seems to go up like 10 points when he shares the floor with Kawhi.

Lowry has been in a sharp decline the past two years too.  But he turned back the clock last night.

The Warriors aren't as old as the Raptors, but the old guys they do have are just as capable of turning back the clock at any point in the series as the Raptors players.  They are certainly not at a talent disadvantage in this series.  They just had a bad night where the rotations were a mess, they had a back-breaking amount of defensive breakdowns, and they couldn't get any offensive rhythm going.  And to be fair to the Raptors, they played extremely well.  All of their key guys showed up big and Kawhi, Lowry, and Siakim were particularly great.  That's what it took to get the win on the road against an under-manned and out of sorts Golden State team.  I don't see that happening again.  But I can definitely see Golden State winning in Toronto again.

I won't root for the Raptors, but it would be quite satisfying to see them win this thing.  I've been lurking the Warriors subreddit this morning and the amount of salt is just amazing.  Kawhi has those fans shook.  Should have kept Zaza around to take out his legs.

This team and their fanbase are just awash in hubris.  They deserve to get beat, but they'll probably still ****ing win this thing in six.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I heard on LeBatard this morning that the NBA is considering changing the term owner, as in team owner, due to the term's racial insensitivityhttps://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-teams-reportedly-considering-moving-away-from-the-term-owner-after-draymond-greens-comments/

What do you all think about this?

I think people need to chill the **** out.

Ridiculous bull**** like this takes away from real racial issues.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chew said:

I think people need to chill the **** out.

Ridiculous bull**** like this takes away from real racial issues.  

It does feel like it comes out of left field.

But TBH, for all I'd care, the NBA owners could call themselves the Almighty Gods if they give me an NBA with real competitive balance and a strong DC franchise.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I won't root for the Raptors, but it would be quite satisfying to see them win this thing.  I've been lurking the Warriors subreddit this morning and the amount of salt is just amazing.  Kawhi has those fans shook.  Should have kept Zaza around to take out his legs.

This team and their fanbase are just awash in hubris.  They deserve to get beat, but they'll probably still ****ing win this thing in six.

Deserve got nothing to do with it. It was just his time that’s all. 

I aint even mad the warriors lost, I’m mad Jonás gets any minutes. 

Yeah I mean its the Finals, guys are going to go all out on every possession. Its not personal, yet what that guy did could have immediately escalated into something more.

You get what you pay for when you buy those seats. If that was somebody unstable, Mr "I'm an owner y'know?" probably wouldve gotten his ass kicked.

I just feel bad for the woman in yellow behind him who got obliterated when Lowry dove. That looked dicey.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

48 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I just feel bad for the woman in yellow behind him who got obliterated when Lowry dove. That looked dicey.

She ate it like a Champ though... Meanwhile, the bamma that barely got touched, is shoving someone.

Speaking of Lowry... Dare I say that may have been his best playoff game ever? If not is best, probably his most impactful...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Ibaka is an Ersan Ilyasova 29.  It's an open secret in the NBA that he's probably four or five years older than his listed age.  It's probably why the Thunder and Magic traded him.  My guess is that he's 33 in reality.  Players don't go through a noticeable athletic decline at 25 like he did.

Serge Ibaka's career high is 15.1ppg.  He averaged 15ppg this season.  His career high in rebounds per game is 8.8.  He averaged 8.1 this season.  He's declined, especially on defense, but it's not like he's a mummified version of his former self just biding his time until retirement. 

Danny Green was a throw-in to the Kawhi deal to balance salary.  He'd been in a pretty steep decline the previous three seasons.  But he's got a knack for showing up huge in the Finals.  And his overall rating seems to go up like 10 points when he shares the floor with Kawhi.

Danny Green career high is 11.7 points per game.  He averaged 10.3 this season.  He's never shot a better % from three than he did this year.

These players are declining but they haven't declined to the extent you're arguing. 

Lowry has been in a sharp decline the past two years too.  But he turned back the clock last night.

Lowry is garbage. 

• Haha 1

I'm hesitant to get speculative  about dudes listed ages, because of my Latino brothas that get that **** on the regular in baseball...

Ibaka is a big man. That athleticism goes in dog years and he's still plenty athletic, evidenced by last night. I mean Shaq could run the court like a wing in his first couple years but growing more into his body and taking an ungodly pounding in the paint made him a halfcourt player rather quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrypticVillain said:

She ate it like a Champ though... Meanwhile, the bamma that barely got touched, is shoving someone.

Speaking of Lowry... Dare I say that may have been his best playoff game ever? If not is best, probably his most impactful...

He scored like 31 against the bucks remember.