Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Damn.  Credit to the Raptors, they keep responding every time Golden State seizes the momentum.  But I don't see them being able to keep it up all night.

Just now, StillUnknown said:

Curry played as well as he could that first quarter and they're still down 7

Their defense is having too many breakdowns.  Can't be giving up 36 points in a quarter to this Raptors offense at Oracle.

I think you have to take Draymond off of Siakim and put him on Kawhi.  It's a calculated risk, but Siakim's body language is saying this is too big for him right now.  You've got to stop Kawhi.  He is a cold blooded killer.  If you put the game in other guys hands, they'll get bogged down.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Damn.  Credit to the Raptors, they keep responding every time Golden State seizes the momentum.  But I don't see them being able to keep it up all night.

Their defense is having too many breakdowns.  Can't be giving up 36 points in a quarter to this Raptors offense at Oracle.

I think you have to take Draymond off of Siakim and put him on Kawhi.  It's a calculated risk, but Siakim's body language is saying this is too big for him right now.  You've got to stop Kawhi.  He is a cold blooded killer.  If you put the game in other guys hands, they'll get bogged down.

more than the defense is the lack of scoring beyond Curry. Draymond & Boogie have already put airballs on 3pt attempts. Kerr needs to be smart in this game, no need to burn Curry's legs if game follows the first quarter trend

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Eh nevermind, none of these other guys can check Siakim at all.

I don't know how you defend Kawhi then.  Gotta run ball denial then I guess.

Jerebko is a major point of failure.

Siakim had homeboy on skates.  Don't want to see his confidence go up.

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

more than the defense is the lack of scoring beyond Curry. Draymond & Boogie have already put airballs on 3pt attempts. Kerr needs to be smart in this game, no need to burn Curry's legs if game follows the first quarter trend 

You don't give up on a Finals game at home no matter what.  But they do need to make some adjustments on both ends of the court.

Cook has been terrific.  Kerr with the interesting choice of leaving Jerebko in to guard Siakim.

Big line up.  Eh... I think I would have pulled Jerebko and left Cook in.

How about that shooter's roll!

Good defense leads to quick offense.  Golden State figured some things out and they have been sweltering this quarter.

4 minutes ago, Vilandil Tasardur said:

I still generally feel like if GS can go into halftime down 10 or less they have a real shot. Still not a great chance, but a shot.  

They're the two time defending champions at home.  They could be down 20 and still have a great chance to win.

Foul on Cook?

WTF?

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

How about that shooter's roll!

Good defense leads to quick offense.  Golden State figured some things out and they have been sweltering this quarter.

They're the two time defending champions at home.  They could be down 20 and still have a great chance to win.

Foul on Cook?

WTF?

Yeah, you're not wrong. I've seen them come out and dominate 3rd quarters too often to think that an 8 point halftime lead is enough. 

I think the magic number to win this game is 110. No way Toronto is going to score another 60, but they could get 50. Can GS get to 110. 

Much better defense by Golden State in that quarter.  No way Lowry keeps playing so well.  If the Warriors keep up their defensive execution, they'll come back.

On the other end, they need to keep running off stops, but when they get into the half court, they should run some inside-out stuff through Cousins and Green again.  If they get Cousins going, he can take a bunch of the scoring load off Curry.

The other thing is Gasol is in foul trouble.  Cousins can get him out of the game, and then the floor will open up a bunch for cutters and drivers.  Give Curry more  breathing room out on the three point line too, he's had some trouble seeing and dribbling around Gasol on the trap.  He's quite a big body.