Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

There isn’t a star in this league that could win with this Golden State team.  Like Vangundy said, this team wouldn’t have made the playoffs.    

A team with a two-time MVP and a DPOY and another six time All Star and one of the best sixth men in NBA history doesn't have enough to win?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

A team with a two-time MVP and a DPOY and another six time All Star and one of the best sixth men in NBA history doesn't have enough to win?

If they are all healthy, sure. 

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

NBA should go to 4 officials in the conference finals and finals. 

Six and they should all be former drill sergeants in more severe looking uniforms.  Just position them in spots around the court and have them scowl there way through entire games, daring anyone to argue with them.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Kawhi looks a tad healthier.

They need to pounce in  gm 4. 

I think they did their job tonight.  I didn't think there was any way they'd win in Oracle, but they played an outstanding game.  All of the role players showed up and just kept drilling their shots.  Retaking home court advantage makes this a series again.  Puncher's chance.

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

One guy that can score.  One.  Iggy averaged 5 ppg this season.  Livingston averaged 4.  So yes, not enough talent to win.  Cousins is crippled.

One great scorer one great defender and a bunch of role players either well over the hill or essentially anonymous isn’t going to get it done in the western conference. 

With the uncertainty around Durant and Klay, the Raptors are the clear favorite for this series. We saw tonight the warriors just don’t have the firepower or depth to keep up.

Cousins can’t do half of what he did in game 2 consistently and who knows when he will uncork something close to that again. It’s all going to fall on Curry, a rusty KD and a hobbled Klay. 

I don't care how many injuries you have, allow 123 points at home you probably gonna lose.  They were doing dumb **** early.  I agree they don't look like they have a lot of shooters tonight, yikes on saying they aren't a playoff team. Really?

• Like 1

Right now it’s Curry, Draymond and a bunch of stiffs. Iggy is inconsistent and can’t be counted on for points he’s old and about to retire. Livingston can’t be counted on for a ton of points and isn’t a shooter and is old and about to retire. Who knows what you are getting from cousins who is still coming back from injury. Cook can shoot but seems like he’s just as likely to toss it off the shot clock as he is to get on a hot streak. Bogut is playing thru rigor mortis. Bell is in witness protection. Jerebko should be taken behind a shed and shot. 

Its not close to enough to beat a red hot Raptors team playing out of their mind and on a roll. I’m not sure KD and Klay coming back and not being 100% will be enough either 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 1

What are the chances the Raptors shoot 52% overall, 45% from three point land  and hit 20-21 FTs again next game. GS only shot 39% overall and 33% from 3s. For all the talk about GS not having enough, if the Raptors shoot a few percentage points lower, it's an even game. If GS role players hit a few more shots, and they are capable, it's an even game. 

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m not sure KD and Klay coming back and not being 100% will be enough either 

You don't truly believe this do you?

Not only are they two of the best shooters in the league, but those two instantly improves the defense as well. GS needs at least one of them with Curry to compete with Toronto. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Not only are they two of the best shooters in the league, but those two instantly improves the defense as well. GS needs at least one of them with Curry to compete with Toronto. 

I do because they won’t be 100%. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

If they get KD everything changes.  Two MVPs that can create their own shot and score 30+ is an entirely different monster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Its not close to enough to beat a red hot Raptors team playing out of their mind and on a roll. I’m not sure KD and Klay coming back and not being 100% will be enough either 

This seems very in the moment.

• Haha 1

It’s not in the moment. KD hasn’t played in a month and is coming back from an injury to his dominant leg. It’s not unrealistic that he might be off for 1-2 games which could be the series for them. 

Obviously he gives them more options and is a shooter that can also create his own shot, I’m just saying it’s not a done deal just because he comes back if he even comes back 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't care how many injuries you have, allow 123 points at home you probably gonna lose.  They were doing dumb **** early.  I agree they don't look like they have a lot of shooters tonight, yikes on saying they aren't a playoff team. Really?

And it's not as if the Raptors aren't dealing with injuries too.  Lowry's hand is going to need surgery once this is over and Kawhi looks like he's dealing with something too.  Gasol and Ibaka and Green are all old guys on the doorstep of retirement too Momma.  And yet they each provided key contributions.

The Warriors just played poorly tonight.  They got beaten at their game.  Kerr also got significantly outcoached.  But one poor game from them isn't going to convince me that one of the greatest teams in NBA history is suddenly overmatched by a good but not great Toronto just because two of their guys are out.

That said, they were still in this one until the end.  They made a HUGE amount of mistakes but they can still overwhelm you on defense and make a ton of plays on the other end.  I don't think Toronto can afford to drop another home game of they're actually going to pull this thing off.

• Like 2