Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Yes, I did, and I still look at LeBron being here being like a square peg in a round hole compared to KD being plug and play.

God knows you don't want to break up that chemistry of the perennial 4 seed.

Because if there is one thing we know, it's that Lebron has a low basketball IQ and can only play one way. And he's never played with ball dominant guards before.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

And he's never played with ball dominant guards before.

Yeah, he tends to take the ball out of ball dominant guards hands and control the team.

For the record, I would welcome Lebron with open arms to the Wizards and don't care who has to go. But I would rather have Durant.

On that point though, Kyrie hasnt been that ball dominant this year in Boston. His play has really surprised me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

On that point though, Kyrie hasnt been that ball dominant this year in Boston. His play has really surprised me.

It's the point I made when the trade happened when McQueen declared Fultz to be a Hall of Famer - Kyrie has never been coached before. I'm surprised at how fully he's bought into this, but he has and the results are obvious.

Also, if I gave you 35.5 on Philly's win total right now, would you take the over or the under?

7 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Its not. You keep saying as it is, but this is the point where you cannot depend on stats solely for your analysis. Stats are supposed to support what you are seeing.

Its why I brought up Curry and you had to start walking back. Durant is a better catch and shoot scorer shooter than LeBron. We know this because he scores and hits his shots at a relatively high clip. Lebron is just not comfortable there. We know this because he doesn't take that many shots. Thats why you cannot say its small and miniscule. It's not. Its like saying Mark Price is a better 3 point shooter than Steph Curry because Price had a higher 3 point shooting percentage in 1992 even though he took like 3 or 4 a game in comparison to Curry taking 9 or 10. Its not small at all. 

It also shows you have to watch these games vs judging off boxscores and basketball reference alone.

That is not what I argued. I said Draymond has the highest defensive IQ in the NBA. But I also said this season Durant has been a better defender than Draymond.

I can only go based on my eyes, but Durant has always been a good pick and roll defender. He is 7 feet tall but moves like a wing player.  Do you have examples and metrics of Durant being a worse pick and roll defender than Draymond? Id love to see it

And the other stuff you typed about knowing when to block, etc is you just typing to type.  I pointed out that Durant holds his opponents to a lower field goal percentage than Draymond does this season so what you typed is nothing.

Good for you. I am sure these players were taught that too. (Draymond is facing 13.2 Fgs a game versus Durant's 13.1, so please stop it)

No he isn't.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/steals/sort/avgSteals/qualified/false

And Russell Westbrook is 4th and he doesn't play a lick of defense. AI used to be a league leader in steals and he was a poor defender too.

Now Draymond is special because he does stay in front of his man and doesn't gamble but no he isn't 2nd in steals.

Okay, some how I got the links missed up.  But Draymond still has more steals than Durant and why even bring up Westbrook and AI if the comparison is irrelevant.

Draymond disrupts defenses in ways that Durant doesn't without having to cheat in the manner that Westbrook and AI do/did.  That's defense and that's connected to basketball IQ that is going to get loss in other numbers too.

The number of FG is also meaningless.  How much do those people normally shot?  How much time do the spend defending the ball?  etc are all going to matter in that context.

Going hard after every block might lead to low shooting % and a lot blocks, but if you are over helping at the rim to get those blocks and leaving other people open isn't good defense.

(The play at 8:48 at this video is not a good defensive play by Simmons.  It didn't hurt his defensive shooting FG% and hurt Covington's, but Convington played good defense on that plays not Simmons.  Simmons doesn't get the block, but if the initial shot is attempted, he's in good position to get the block.)

)

Green is 2nd in real defensive plus/minus (ESPN stat).  Durant is way down the list.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM

And has a better box DPM.  (3.2 vs. 1.2).

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/GSW/2018.html

And like Durant and Green, Simmons has a lower defensive FG%, but Covington has a better defensive plus/minus.  Selling out for and even getting blocks does not equal a good defensive player any more than a guard that sells out for and gets steals.

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

They've lost of five of six (including some losses to bad teams) and Embiid is hurt again.

Their bench is thin, and they've been beat up.  McConnell has more value to them then would appear just looking at stats.  If they can get and stay healthy, they'll easily finish over 0.500.

Edited by PeterMP

6 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

If that's the case, Kawhi is Gohan for sure. He's probably the best, but people won't admit it.

Hope Kawhi doesn’t go into his super mega **** phase soon where he just repeatedly gets his ass handed to him at every turn 

36 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

@Mr. Sinister must have had work to do today because you KNOW he would have had thoughts on who everyone's DBZ comparison is.

I just want to say that seeing this thread momentarily turn into comparing nba stars to DBZ characters warmed my heart. I love you all. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

@Mr. Sinister must have had work to do today because you KNOW he would have had thoughts on who everyone's DBZ comparison is.

No bull. I get bogged down, and now all y'all wanna decide to make Dragonball Z comparisons :kickcan:

Frieza retired. His name was Kobe. Russ would seem likely, but he has just enough vengeful sensitivity to make him Vegeta

KD is most certainly Piccolo (after the Super Namek 2x fusion with Nao and Kame). Plus, he is always gruff, and  wanting to kick everyones ass half the time, but deep down, all he wants is to be loved, so he joins the rest of the Z fighters.

I was going to stick with Embiid as Perfect Cell, but Gotenks is probably more apt at this point. Pure unbridled power, but you just know that in 5 minutes he's just gonna split apart into a pile of sadness

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Destino said:

Can we talk about the Balls for a minute?  I'm trying to wrap my head around the emotional roller coaster caused by being pulled away from a free education at beautiful UCLA and being sent to Lithuania.  The high school kid went from being the big man on campus and choosing a prom date to also finding himself headed to Lithuania.  

This could be the beginning of the end of the BBB "brand."  This move, unfortunately, is about putting the brand ahead of LaMelo's development.  I feel bad for him, because this move, from the Euro standpoint, is nothing more than PR.  He's obviously being advised by his dad....this all reeks of Enron.  Part of what led to their downfall is that there were too many "yes" men making bad decisions and no one was ever giving another perspective or playing devil's advocate.  This is what's happening here.  Lavar has surrounded himself with folks who listen/do anything he says and EVERYTHING he does is reactionary.  Anyways, If you read the particulars surrounding the club they're signing with, this team is in financial trouble and is a lower-level Lithuanian team that can't fill the seats in their 1,700 seat arena. 

*LiAngelo Ball had ZERO business at UCLA.  He was brought along under the premise that if he signed, so would LaMelo.  He's more of a mid-major type of talent at best. 

• Like 2

I like Kobe as Vegeta more. Big foreheads, an insatiable desire to be the best and destroy all those around you, never letting up 24/7 training, your ego is your greatest downfall and while certainly being great and powerful, ultimately falling short of your ambitions 

Plus we know Vegeta was totally robbed of killing Buu in his greatest moment, like Kobe was totally robbed of the 06 MVP in his greatest season 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I like Kobe as Vegeta more. Big foreheads, an insatiable desire to be the best and destroy all those around you, never letting up 24/7 training, your ego is your greatest downfall and while certainly being great and powerful, ultimately falling short of your ambitions 

Plus we know Vegeta was totally robbed of killing Buu in his greatest moment, like Kobe was totally robbed of the 06 MVP in his greatest season 

Only problem with that is in yhe final battle with psycho Kid Buu, he finally admitted that he couldn't beat him, and that he was nothing more than a.... Witness, to Goku's greatness

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Predicto gets it.  He's the oldest one here right?

The American dub is like 20 years old now.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Only problem with that is in yhe final battle with psycho Kid Buu, he finally admitted that he couldn't beat him, and that he was nothing more than a.... Witness, to Goku's greatness

And Kobe came to terms with his shortcomings after multiple injury riddled seasons destroyed any chance he had to catch MJ. They both still went out heros  

• Haha 2