Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA

Longer James has gone w/ minimal contact, more unsettled Bosh/Wade have become on Heat future. "They're reading the tea leafs," source says.

If they weren't sure Lebron was going to stay, why opt out? Wade could be out millions on a blind gamble to keep Lebron.

If Lebron leaves its possible that next years heat team is a Wade, Cole, Napier, and a rag tag collection of whatever free agents are left by the time Lebron pops up on ESPN to break the news.

Edited by Destino

Question is, if you can get Lebron as Cleveland do you even want him or do you have no choice.  Clearly, he jilted and screwed you before, but just as clearly, even with an All Star team he was only good enough to win it all sometimes.  Would a Cleveland team without Wade and Bush be a contender with Lebron or would they be exactly where they were before.

As good as he is Lebron isn't Michael.  He can't will his team to the championship.  He can get them there, but then he needs to be Robin for them to win.

MJ needed a Robin also J.

As did Shaq, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Duncan, D-Wade, etc.

Dirk is the closest example of someone who did not have that true star next to him. Mavs team were damn good though and had plenty of talent.

Teamwise I would say that recent Pistons team really didn't have a superstar, just great balance and depth.

Thing is, and I follow football much more closely than professonal Bball.  Lebron seems to become Robin and not Batman in the Finals.  Someone else needs to be the hero.

As for Michael, Pippin was perhaps a Robin, but he probably was in reality Alfred or Commissioner Gordon and Kerr, Rodman, etc. were one dimensional players.  Lebron is probably more physically talented than Jordan, but he's no Jordan.  Could you imagine Jordan losing to the Utah Jazz with Stockton and Malone.  That's what just happened. 

Thing is, and I follow football much more closely than professonal Bball. Lebron seems to become Robin and not Batman in the Finals. Someone else needs to be the hero.

As for Michael, Pippin was perhaps a Robin, but he probably was in reality Alfred or Commissioner Gordon and Kerr, Rodman, etc. were one dimensional players. Lebron is probably more physically talented than Jordan, but he's no Jordan. Could you imagine Jordan losing to the Utah Jazz with Stockton and Malone. That's what just happened.

Um no. No not at all.

LBJ damn sure was batman. He was Batman while the rest of the JLA was sitting on their asses

And I cannot believe you just compared the Spurs dynasty to the Malone/ Stockton Jazz...

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

The Heat don't have a guy even close to Rodman. A team like the Heat runs through the Swiss Cheese East and is expected to compete with a healthy rested Spurs team with home court also ? The Heat might has well have been swept. They were out-matched.

I stated in this thread that the Heat would lose in 5 or 6.

Would you take Malone over Duncan in any era ? I doubt it.

I could imagine the Jazz beating the Bulls if they had another real scoring threat, or another big that could actually pass the ball.

LOL

Man if Broussard told me the sun was coming up tomorrow, id prepare for darkness

The agents and players are manipulating these reporters like chess pieces. It's all leverage

I`m a casual NBA fan.... and even I know Chris Broussard is wrong. Always wrong. I can`t believe he is employed. He just says things that people want to hear.... attaches the word `sources` to it... and the message spreads and that somehow gives it some validity.

Um no. No not at all.

LBJ damn sure was batman. He was Batman while the rest of the JLA was sitting on their asses

And I cannot believe you just compared the Spurs dynasty to the Malone/ Stockton Jazz...

Sure, just a very efficient team, that works really well together.  Jazz often were amongst the winningest teams.  So were the spurs.  Duncan at this point in his career is probably a lesser player than Malone in his prime.

Sure, just a very efficient team, that works really well together. Jazz often were amongst the winningest teams. So were the spurs. Duncan at this point in his career is probably a lesser player than Malone in his prime.

But the 2014 spurs are better than those Jazz teams and it isn't really close.

The point is that it isn't some big upset that the Heat lost to the Spurs. They were declining while the Spurs retooled

As for Michael, Pippin was perhaps a Robin, but he probably was in reality Alfred or Commissioner Gordon and Kerr, Rodman, etc. were one dimensional players. 

Perhaps ? While I don't agree with his ranking...he (Pippen) was/is considered one of the 50 best to ever play the game.

I would have Phil Jackson as Lucius Fox, Rodman as Gordon, and Tex Winter would be Alfred.

That would be closer to reality.

Pippen was indeed the Robin, no perhaps about it.

Kerr would be..ehhh...Batgirl or something like that.

Question is, if you can get Lebron as Cleveland do you even want him or do you have no choice.  Clearly, he jilted and screwed you before, but just as clearly, even with an All Star team he was only good enough to win it all sometimes.  Would a Cleveland team without Wade and Bush be a contender with Lebron or would they be exactly where they were before.

As good as he is Lebron isn't Michael.  He can't will his team to the championship.  He can get them there, but then he needs to be Robin for them to win.

which teams did Jordan "will" to victories? Like he didnt have a legendary coach and a HOF teammate. LOL

If Lebron had any self respect, he would not go back to Cleveland after that Comic Sans Font letter the owner wrote attacking him. And then he partied after the Heat lost to the Mavs on twitter.

I dont know where else he would go, but def not Cleveland.

Thing is, and I follow football much more closely than professonal Bball...

i wont even entertain the rest of your post.

But the 2014 spurs are better than those Jazz teams and it isn't really close.

The point is that it isn't some big upset that the Heat lost to the Spurs. They were declining while the Spurs retooled

Eh, I would actually say those Jazz teams were better than this Spurs team.

Malone in 96-98 was a far better player than Duncan has been the past four years or so. And Stockton has always been a lot better than Parker. Hornacek was fantastic. That Big 3 wins easily over the 3 best players on the 2014 Spurs. Spurs take them on depth and coaching, but the Jazz had quality role players too, and Jerry Sloan was a fantastic coach too.

I'd say the Jazz were certainly the second best team in the league during those two seasons they made the Finals. The only problem with them was the same problem all the other teams had: that second threepeat Bulls team was damn near invincible. That was the aura around them. They're level of competitiveness was unique--every game you believed they'd win no matter what the score was going into the 4th quarter. You knew nobody could beat them in the Finals.

The reason why it wasn't an upset the Spurs won is because this Miami team was not a great team. That's where the real difference in the comparison is. The 96-98 Bulls were far better than the 2010-2014 Heat. They probably have a little bit more talent than Miami individually. Jordan was better than LeBron and Pippen was far better than Dwyane Wade has been the past two seasons. Rodman wasn't better than Bosh, but he fit so well and made a similar individual impact to Bosh. Ray Allen is better than Steve Kerr, but it's closer between a 37-38 year old Ray Allen and a 31-32 year old Kerr than you'd expect. Luc Longley and Ron Harper weren't anything special, but does Miami even have a Luc Longley or Harper? Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole aren't anything special and Anderson/Haslem/Battier got old in a hurry. And a big difference is Miami definitely doesn't have a Toni Kukoc.

And Phil Jackson was a world's better coach than Spoelstra.

Those Bulls teams weren't necessarily stacked in talent but they were well built and well coached and they had Jordan. It all came together for them in a way that made them so much greater than the sum of their parts and made them seem invincible. And their competitiveness night in and night out easily sets them apart from Miami. They never would have finished as the second seed during their run like Miami did three out of four seasons. They never would have won less than 60 games a season. And they damn sure never would have lost to that 2011 Mavs team in the Finals.

Those Jazz teams were not and never were better than these Spurs teams.

Those Jazz teams were not contenders in the West until Portland and Seattle fell apart, and the Rockets got old. Those Jazz teams had a bunch of first round exits when they had home court.

Those late 90s Jazz may be some of the most overrated sports teams of the last 30 years.

The only reason they ran the Bulls close was because the Bulls were old as dirt themselves.

Pippen gets under appreciated by some (and wildly over rated by others) because he played alongside MJ. Where ever people want to rank him, one thing to consider is that very few players in league history were as good defensively while still being as well rounded offensively as Pippen. People swoon over Tony Allen and Kawhi Leonard's defense in the playoffs but Pippen was as good and much better offensively. He had the handles to run plays on offense and could score the ball at around 20ppg most of his career. What team wouldn't want that in their second star? That's damn near ideal.

Now that I think of it, is there any team at the moment that has two NBA all defensive first team players on it? Jordan and Pippen were a hell of a pair.