Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

What offensive foul?

oh come on. Clearly his leg was like out um and then the other guy um like ran and hit it but it was certainly a foul because when he hit his leg that was out during his shot it made him fall.

oh come on. Clearly his leg was like out um and then the other guy um like ran and hit it but it was certainly a foul because when he hit his leg that was out during his shot it made him fall.

So he didn't stick his leg out? He did, it was obvious, and it's a foul.

Edited by Destino

Ibaka really makes their defense work. I think he's become the best defender at the PF position in the league.

Impressed with Reggie Jackson this game too. I like him with the starters. He steadies the offense a little bit. Westbrook, and to a lesser extent Durant, have been playing with desperation on offense. Durant's patience looks spent, taking the first shot he gets too much. And Westbrook just wastes so many possessions taking absolutely dumb ass shots.

OKC has five guys. Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka then a gigantic drop off to Jackson and Adams. They need to spend some damn money to get a bench and they need to give Perkins's minutes to Adams next year. Sefalosha doesn't need to be playing over Jackson either.

Ibaka really makes their defense work. I think he's become the best defender at the PF position in the league.

Impressed with Reggie Jackson this game too. I like him with the starters. He steadies the offense a little bit. Westbrook, and to a lesser extent Durant, have been playing with desperation on offense. Durant's patience looks spent, taking the first shot he gets too much. And Westbrook just wastes so many possessions taking absolutely dumb ass shots.

OKC has five guys. Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka then a gigantic drop off to Jackson and Adams. They need to spend some damn money to get a bench and they need to give Perkins's minutes to Adams next year. Sefalosha doesn't need to be playing over Jackson either.

At some point they'll have to start trusting Perry Jones and Jeremy Lamb. Maybe next year? Neither has looked particularly bad from what I've seen they just haven't been able to get much playing time.

Who is better, the TNT crew or the ESPN crew? 

I can't stand listening to the ESPN crew and Breen always yelling BANG and Van Gundy going off topic all the time. Personally I am a big Marv Albert guy. Just a shame that Kerr isn't with him anymore

Who is better, the TNT crew or the ESPN crew?

I can't stand listening to the ESPN crew and Breen always yelling BANG and Van Gundy going off topic all the time. Personally I am a big Marv Albert guy. Just a shame that Kerr isn't with him anymore

What madness is this?

1- TNT's basketball coverage is the greatest in all of sports. Largely because they have no script, huge personalities, and the NFL takes itself way too seriously.

2- JVG is fantastic and his off topic weirdness is a treasure that should be encouraged. Who else would complain about paddle boats in the middle if a playoff game? No one. JVG is unique. http://deadspin.com/jeff-van-gundy-is-sick-of-these-charlatan-paddleboat-sa-1565139067

3- BANG is strange. I like it but for some reason, my guess is voodoo, it's impossible for a normal person to say it without sounding ridiculous. When he says it, excitement. When anyone else does it sounds like "boom goes the dynamite."

TNT crew without a doubt.  They make it fun.  And I love JVG, his ice breakers are off-topic but fun.  I don't need mindless drones quoting stats all the time, every game, every sport.  Its fine, and I love stats, but its nice to take a break from all that stuff and just let loose and have fun.

Yeah JVG is alright. I didn't love him at first but he's grown on me. He's sharp, and even if he gets a little shrill and whiny sometimes, I appreciate his expertise.

TNT crew is the best. Their open court programs are some of my favorite sports commentary period. They really do make watching the NBA more fun. It's also some kind of awesome when they talk about your favorite team (unless it's all Shaqtin a Fool bits). After the Wizards won games against Chicago, I couldn't wait to see what they'd say about it on TNT. I didn't care about ESPN and Sportscenter coverage at all.

Miami wins this game and it's smooth sailing. If they don't, then it really would give Indy new life heading back home. Miami has been quietly excellent this postseason. I'd give them a little better than even chance against San Antonio in the Finals. And better than that against OKC. But a lot does depend on Wade staying healthy and spectacular. LeBron won't be able to do it by himself against SA.

Although I do think Bosh will be a lot better and more comfortable if they get past Indy. His game really suffers in this match up.

I think the Pacers are finished. The one thing they had going for them, defense, has not been there this series. Miami, despite their bad shooting from three in game one, has shot over 50 % from the field in every game this series. Steve Nash could hold Wade to 24ppg on .620 shooting, which is what the Pacers have allowed. He's getting into the paint at will and just clowning the Pacer defense.

Time for a new coach to try to get these guys believing again. I'd consider sending Stephenson to Cleveland for Waiters as well. Get something for "Born Ready" before the entire league realizes that he's a clown.

Edited by Destino

I think TNT has the best overall coverage but for in game commentators, it doesn't get better than Breen, JVG and Jackson IMO.

I love Breen's "bang" too, it's so exciting. It's classic, I'd put it right up there with Albert's "Yes!" from the Jordan dynasty's runs. I'd probably put it ahead of that actually

(Raise trophy) bang!

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man