Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

21 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Short memory! 😉😜

lol the Celtics are up and down, and they did get shelled by a very injured Miami team. Their uneven nature will be apparent in the finals, assuming they play a healthy opponent. No one in the east has a chance to give them much trouble unless the bucks survive and get healthy. Which is extremely unlikely. 

Just now, Destino said:

lol the Celtics are up and down, and they did get shelled by a very injured Miami team. Their uneven nature will be apparent in the finals, assuming they play a healthy opponent. 

That happens in a 7-game playoff series (1 stinker game).

And I think the stat was the Heat were 23/46 on 3 pointers. Franchise record.

A total anomaly was the only way it could have happened.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Short memory! 😉😜

Celtics close out Heat in Game 5, 'learning from our mistakes'

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40066476/boston-celtics-close-miami-heat-game-5-advance-east-semifinals

5269558397_64406aeb94.jpg.6a6a2d613121f5b696933ec4f4c57c31.jpg

Are you really gloating about the Celtics beating the *checks notes* 8th seed in the first round after they lost their best player during the series?

That's what they're supposed to do, not lose by double digits to this same squad without Jimmy Butler in Boston.  That's what lead to this conversation.

You don't get a goldstar for paying your child support on time...

23 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Technical difficulties. 😂 See above.

Knicks fan finally in a good mood. So happy for you : )

Edited by Renegade7

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

5269558397_64406aeb94.jpg.6a6a2d613121f5b696933ec4f4c57c31.jpg

Are you really gloating about the Celtics beating the *checks notes* 8th seed in the first round after they lost their best player during the series?

That's what they're supposed to do, not lose by double digits to this same squad without Jimmy Butler in Boston.  That's what lead to this conversation.

You don't get a goldstar for paying your child support on time...

Knicks fan finally in a good mood. So happy for you : )

I never accused either of you of predicting an upset because you didn’t.

What you both said was that the Celtics were “inconsistent” and “hadn’t learned previous lessons” all because they lost 1 game in a series that required to Heat to shoot at an all-time historical clip.

It was typical individual game fan over-reactions. 😜

The Celts then went on to win 3-straight… including a home victory… by an average margin of approx 30 points. And won the series 4-1.. which next to a sweep is still dominant.

So I wouldn’t dare call that team “inconsistent”. And the Celtics ^did^ show they learned something from last year. And Tatum told us so too 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I never accused either of you of predicting an upset because you didn’t.

What you both said was that the Celtics were “inconsistent” and “hadn’t learned previous lessons” all because they lost 1 game in a series that required to Heat to shoot at an all-time historical clip.

It was typical individual game fan over-reactions. 😜

The Celts then went on to win 3-straight… including a home victory… by an average margin of approx 30 points. And won the series 4-1.. which next to a sweep is still dominant.

So I wouldn’t dare call that team “inconsistent”. And the Celtics ^did^ show they learned something from last year. And Tatum told us so too 😂

It's too early to say they learned anything...if they hover around .500 in the playoffs again this year...yea, they learned nothing.

Dropping that game 2 was a red alert to something we've seen for years from them, not an overreaction, more like "here we go again".

Celtics completely overpowered what was left of that team...I'm not always right, but I'm suprised you already calling they provide folks wrong and they got at least 3 more rounds to go.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's too early to say they learned anything...if they hover around .500 in the playoffs again this year...yea, they learned nothing.

Dropping that game 2 was a red alert to something we've seen for years from them, not an overreaction, more like "here we go again".

Celtics completely overpowered what was left of that team...I'm not always right, but I'm suprised you already calling they provide folks wrong and they got at least 3 more rounds to go.

Yes, the Celtics should be the heavy favorite to come out of the East. 

I think my Knicks are the best chance of knocking them off… but I wouldn’t bet they will. I’d be content with a long contested series.

And while I’d love the Celts to get beaten by another underdog… I wasn’t getting excited over that game 2 loss. That wasn’t nearly enough to make me think that team is in any way vulnerable.

2 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

And while I’d love the Celts to get beaten by another underdog… I wasn’t getting excited over that game 2 loss. That wasn’t nearly enough to make me think that team is in any way vulnerable.

Ah, see to clarify, I don't think anyone felt they weren't coming out the East, I said that earlier in the thread seems like the path was ironed flat for them now.

I remember saying last time they were in the Finals I didn't trust having a team with those kind of expectations with a coach that young and inexperienced.

Them being so inconsistent at home in the postseason was a big reason why.

Good for them they might make it back to the finals, but if they still wanna drop gimmies at home and barely be over .500 in the playoffs at home...they won't win the Finals doing that.

Said that 2-3 years ago, that did look like same old same old, but we'll see. 

Rather see Knicks beat then as well.

• Thumb up 1

I can see his position, that Suns roster should have done better in the post season with everyone healthy. They wildly underachieved. Makes me think there’s a locker room issue. 

5 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Bucks just crumbling down the stretch.  Disaster of a season.

Spent a lot of money and shuffled a lot of **** around for that first round bounce. 

They need to trade Giannis. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Spent a lot of money and shuffled a lot of **** around for that first round bounce. 

They need to trade Giannis. 

Unless they are going to somehow trade him and bring back another win now player makes the better/more likely to stay healthy that doesn't make sense. But I can't see how/who would give up such a player.

They don't own any of their own 1st round picks out right until after 2030.  Every 1st round pick either belongs to somebody else or is subject to swap.

The Sixers on the other hand should absolutely look at moving Embiid (and Maxey).

Edited by PeterMP

27 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Unless they are going to somehow trade him and bring back another win now player makes the better/more likely to stay healthy that doesn't make sense. But I can't see how/who would give up such a player.

They don't own any of their own 1st round picks out right until after 2030.  Every 1st round pick either belongs to somebody else or is subject to swap.

The Sixers on the other hand should absolutely look at moving Embiid (and Maxey).

I don’t see how the Bucks get better from here, is what I’m trying to say. They don’t have picks like you said, they don’t seem to have a way to keep building around Giannis, Dame and Middleton. 

Giannis is a little dinged up, Dame’s still good but getting older and Middleton is always hurt.  

They have a nice supporting cast but Milwaukee isn’t a free agent destination for superstar talent. They had to trade for Jrue, then trade for Dame.  Giannis and Middleton were draft picks.  

So like I said, I don’t see where they go from here that makes sense with the current team. As you said, they don’t have any first round picks for awhile. Should trade everyone and get some picks and try to build it up again. 

Bucks need to stay healthy to know what they really are in the playoffs.

They shouldn't be a first round exit. 

Man, remember when folks was wondering if that was one of the best 1-2 players on a single team, either could go off, possibly both at same time?

Gentle reminder you don't win on paper, you win on the court.

I second blowing up the Sixers.  Suns, Lakers, too. I hear a lot of defense to keeping Warriors together and they didn't even make the playoffs. 

Don't be like me, stop being idealistic.

Bucks started off on the wrong foot by hiring a nobody to be head coach that ownership clearly didn’t trust. They shouldn’t have fired coach Bud. Ultimately though, yeah the injuries killed them. No team is the same with their MVP caliber player. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Bucks just crumbling down the stretch.  Disaster of a season.

It was a failure of a season, but I don’t think the Bucks need to make changes. 

a healthy Giannis and a healthy Dame would make a big difference. If any teams deserves to run it back it’s the bucks imo.