Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

The in-season tournament features 1 game per week of "group stage" with 6 groups of 5 teams (randomly selected by pots -- this distributes based on last seasons record).  It's like a soccer tournament.  After 4 weeks of games, the group winners and two wildcards play in an 8 team single elim  tournament.  

And Wemby living up the the hype is magnificant!

This explains it better, but saying “it’s like a soccer tournament” to a bunch of Americans isn’t helpful. 

So let me get this straight, and to use a hypothetical: the Wiz play a game against the Celtics on Sunday, a game against the Pacers on Wednesday and a game against the Mavs on Friday. 

Only ONE of this games counts towards the tournament and we’re supposed to know which it is due to the courts being awful or something, right?

After 4 weeks of one game per week at random going towards this tournament, the pot winners get to play in a single elimination kind of bracket?

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I make jokes but I actually liked the courts. It’s nice to have something fun and different 

The fact that we’re talking about basketball courts, and that social media was buzzing about the same subject is a win for the nba. The entire point of this tournament was to inject some excitement to the early regular season. It plainly has accomplished this. People are talking nba basketball in November. Usually no one has much to say until the Christmas Day games, and that lasts just for the day.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 3:52 PM, Ball Security said:

No matter how much I read about it, I will not understand the in season tournament.

They are trying to make it like soccer with an in-season tourny.  Basically, its to get a better TV deal on the next contract.  All the tourny games count as regular season games.  With exception of the chamionship game, so the two teams in that actually play 1 extra game (83 total games).  

On 11/3/2023 at 10:00 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Wait these aren’t extra games? They’re just regular season games designated as part of the tournament? 

Yes, except for the championship game, the two teams in that have one extra game on the season at 83 games.

On 11/4/2023 at 9:11 AM, purbeast said:

Who's idea was it to make the courts look like that for tournament games?  They look really bad and were really rough on the eyes.

****ing horrible.  My eyes bled during the Bulls game on Friday.