Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

37 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

There's been a number of guys that I can only describe as role players (at best) getting huge pay days today. It's insanity

Donte DiWhatever essentially signed the same deal as Rui. Rui is at least a spark off the bench that has proven he can shoot. Donte should be posterizing bums in Australia.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Surprised it took this long for Dame to want to get out of Portland.

Really good player on a nothing franchise.  Admire the loyalty but no one was going to Portland to try and win a ring with him.  He's a dude that's gotta go somewhere else to win, not the other way around.  

I hope he lands somewhere and gets his championship.

I’d like to see Dame in Miami, I know the undrafted story line was fun but those dudes vanished against Denver. They need a reliable primary scoring option. Not sure what the Buck and Nuggets are doing this off-season though, they needed to get better and they haven’t.

Nuggets had a three man bench in the playoffs and they lost two of them with Green and Brown exiting. Meanwhile their western conference opponents made big upgrades. The nuggets appear to be counting on Reggie Jackson, who they had and decided not to play, to fill the shoes of their departing bench scoring. 

Bucks haven’t added anyone as far as I can tell. They’re just content to enter the year with an unproven head coach and no upgrades. Good luck with that.

5 hours ago, Destino said:

I’d like to see Dame in Miami, I know the undrafted story line was fun but those dudes vanished against Denver. They need a reliable primary scoring option. Not sure what the Buck and Nuggets are doing this off-season though, they needed to get better and they haven’t.

Nuggets had a three man bench in the playoffs and they lost two of them with Green and Brown exiting. Meanwhile their western conference opponents made big upgrades. The nuggets appear to be counting on Reggie Jackson, who they had and decided not to play, to fill the shoes of their departing bench scoring. 

Bucks haven’t added anyone as far as I can tell. They’re just content to enter the year with an unproven head coach and no upgrades. Good luck with that.

Aren't the Bucks and Nuggets essentially capped.  That alone makes it hard to add players.

And with the new CBA being too far over the cap is going to be especially restrictive with additional taxes and losing 1st round picks.

On the Lillard front, I'm not sure why people think he'd be the difference maker when you take into account what you'd have to give up to get him.  I guess if Portland will take a a bunch of draft picks and swaps over the next 10 years it might make sense, but when they talk about young players too (especially given the new cap), I'm not sure it makes sense.

Lillard has been a good player on not very good teams for the most part.  Those types of players tend to over rated in the NBA I think.  I'd be very hesitant to give up too much for him.

Sorry if this has been discussed already. What is with these crazy contracts?  Brooks, VanVleet, Sabonis (good player but $215 million dollar extension for 5 years) This is kind of reminding me of free agency in Baseball.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maxito said:

Sorry if this has been discussed already. What is with these crazy contracts?  Brooks, VanVleet, Sabonis (good player but $215 million dollar extension for 5 years) This is kind of reminding me of free agency in Baseball.  

Don’t forget Lamelo and Haliburton. Melo will be making more than Luka and Jokic. 

hornets really had no choice tho. It was either trading Melo earlier and restarting. 

Some of these contracts are really terrible. The Houston GM has got to be the worst GM in the league now that Tommy is gone. They will be in line for another top-3 pick next season. 

17 hours ago, Fergasun said:

No discussion of Dame forcing his way out?  At least Portland has Scoot to build around...

Portland has some high end young players and now Dame wants out? As a Wizards fan, I'm jealous of the young talent they've collected while still having Dame. They have a ton of options and they could be really good in a couple years. Might be his best shot at winning if they stay depending on where he goes. 

PG- Scoot

SG- Dame

SF- Sharpe

PF- Grant

C-Nurkic

Bench of Simmons, Little, Murray, plus a FA or two with size. 

Even if they trade Dame, they are gonna contenders in a few years if Scoot lives up to the hype. Tons of young talent. 

How does Kendrick Perkins remain employed while ESPN/Disney is firing people left and right? 

He just sat there and looked directly into the camera and said "Steph Curry has done nothing without KD since LeBron has been in the West." Brian Windhorst quickly corrects him by saying, "Steph was The Finals MVP just 12 months ago." 

Carry on

Edited by No Nonsense
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

How does Kendrick Perkins remain employed while ESPN/Disney is firing people left and right? 

He just sat there and looked directly into the camera and said "Steph Curry has done nothing without KD since LeBron has been in the West." Brian Windhorst quickly corrects him by saying, "Steph was The Finals MVP just 12 months ago." 

Carry on

• Haha 2

On 6/19/2023 at 10:49 AM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

How do you feel about those Damian Lillard rumors to the heat. 

I think it fits perfectly to be honest. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Undecided. Feels a bit like panic. Also feels like you should only make a move like this if it makes you a clear cut contender in the conference. This doesn't feel like that.

For all the ups and downs of this past season, I did like this squad. Guys like Herro, Strus, Vincent, etc. They're not superstars, but they're hella valuable scorers/contributors. Just never been a fan of these types of moves (ironic, I know, but there's no prime LeBron here).

Granted, Stewart and Vincent were a different case, but I have no doubt this pursuit factored into their departures. 

2 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

A shocking development.

what’s his story, he put up numbers when he gets minutes and is a fairly skilled player. There a work ethic issue or is it just health? Maybe he isn’t content being a role player? He can’t stick with a team and I know I’ve seen worse players on just about every bench.  

14 hours ago, Destino said:

what’s his story, he put up numbers when he gets minutes and is a fairly skilled player. There a work ethic issue or is it just health? Maybe he isn’t content being a role player? He can’t stick with a team and I know I’ve seen worse players on just about every bench.  

bumping this. What his is issue? Seemed like when he got some minutes in Orlando, he did produce some. Then when injured guys came back, he didn't get on the court. Like Destino asked, work ethic? attitude?

He's 7'2 and 23 years old. Unless he's injured. Someone is going to sign him. If he's a POS, I'd rather not. But if a team should take a flyer on him to see what happens with a lot of minutes, if he can develop. It's a team like Washington in 2020.

Re: Bol Bol

Best I can tell from reading Magic forum and watching Youtube highlights is that Bol Bol shows flashes in the offensive end (except medium to long range shooting), but is not a passer, either too weak to defend the traditional PF/C or too slow to defend a wing and doesn't have a high basketball IQ (I guess that means no feel for team basketball).  His athleticism is also "good for a big man", but not really fluid. 

He barely logged any minutes until last year.  His VORP / "value over replacement player" stat wasn't necessarily very low... he was pretty much replacement level and 6th to 8th best on the Magic.  

I think him not having a position to naturally defend is also an issue for him (if he was better offensively this could be used to his advantage).  Also his 4th year in the league, so whatever is preventing him from being better is still preventing him (so either working hard and not improving or not working hard).  He is 23/24, and probably has 2 years to find and develop his place in the NBA.  The league just got an infusion of younger, less developed talent.  He probably will have a decent professional career not in the NBA if the NBA doesn't work out.

Written by a real human -- ChatGPT can't do this.

This was called in the Summer League on a player flopping while taking a 3.  I think he missed, the opponent went down on a fast break.  After his team got the ball back and crossed halfcourt the refs whistled the play dead.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fergasun said:

This was called in the Summer League on a player flopping while taking a 3.  I think he missed, the opponent went down on a fast break.  After his team got the ball back and crossed halfcourt the refs whistled the play dead.

Biggest floppers in NBA history? Varejao? Manu? James has so classics.