Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 minute ago, Destino said:

There is always a very good player that suddenly falls off a cliff on the box score when they play with Lebron.  Chris Bosh and Kevin Love were stuffing stat sheets until they joined the empire.  

Obviously, Lebron is a vampire.  Its how he defies time.  

It's like spacial distortion. I firmly believe this led to Bosh's blood clots

Just now, Destino said:

There is always a very good player that suddenly falls off a cliff on the box score when they play with Lebron.  Chris Bosh and Kevin Love were stuffing stat sheets until they joined the empire.  

Other possession soaking forwards.  If you're a forward playing with LeBron, you have to be an elite off the cuff finisher because you will never get **** run for you again.  LeBron is the most ball dominant All Time Great in the history of the league.  That's why AD is going to work out with him where Kevin Love was an awkward fit.  You've got to run conventional offense for a player like Love.  AD can finish or start totally rudimentary pick and rolls and rim runs when LeBron is on the floor and create off the dribble ~5 possessions a game when LeBron's not or when he's taking possessions off to rest.

The Lakers are going to go as far as their defense and LeBron and AD can take them.  That's pretty far when they're clicking.  That defense is dominant and LeBron is the master of running unstoppable transition game.

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

The fact that he doesn't have the wherewithal to help bring someone that is tailor made to thrive playing with him along, rather than river dancing on his confidence, is part of the reason why he doesn't have more rings imo

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Other possession soaking forwards.  If you're a forward playing with LeBron, you have to be an elite off the cuff finisher because you will never get **** run for you again.  LeBron is the most ball dominant All Time Great in the history of the league.  That's why AD is going to work out with him where Kevin Love was an awkward fit.  You've got to run conventional offense for a player like Love.  AD can finish or start totally rudimentary pick and rolls and rim runs when LeBron is on the floor and create off the dribble ~5 possessions a game when LeBron's not or when he's taking possessions off to rest.

The Lakers are going to go as far as their defense and LeBron and AD can take them.  That's pretty far when they're clicking.  That defense is dominant and LeBron is the master of running unstoppable transition game.

I don't think the issue with Kuzma was basketball related. He's looked and played like a scolded child on a regular basis this season, and this is a player that for the most part had swagger and self assurance of a 7 year vet before LeBron came to town. 

17 minutes ago, Destino said:

Top shelf blood only, it seems.  

3 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

The fact that he doesn't have the wherewithal to help bring someone that is tailor made to thrive playing with him along, rather than river dancing on his confidence, is part of the reason why he doesn't have more rings imo

He's controlling.  He has to be in control and it's his way or no way.  Sometimes it works because he's a genius of the sport, but the best teams are usually more collaborative.

I get his mentality though.  He's always done things himself.  If you're not nurtured by leaders who are great at what they do like a Dean Smith or Phil Jackson, then it's really hard to let go of the mindset that you need to be in charge for things to get done right.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's controlling.  He has to be in control and it's his way or no way.  Sometimes it works because he's a genius of the sport, but the best teams are usually more collaborative.

I get his mentality though.  He's always done things himself.  If you're not nurtured by leaders who are great at what they do like a Dean Smith or Phil Jackson, then it's really hard to let go of the mindset that you need to be in charge for things to get done right.

There's a good chance he would have 6+ rings if he could have figured out how to play under a high caliber HC. 

Kuzma ain’t that guy. He’s ok but I don’t know that he’s ready to be a consistent part of a “big 2.5” setup with Lebron and AD. They don’t help by not getting him involved early consistently but he’s not the most aggressive or assertive either. 

if he can pick his spots that should still be enough due to the magnitude of talent Lebron and Davis bring. 

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

I don't think the issue with Kuzma was basketball related. He's looked and played like a scolded child on a regular basis this season, and this is a player that for the most part had swagger and self assurance of a 7 year vet before LeBron came to town. 

I don't know, to me he shoots and uses possessions without conscience.  Just really bad choices that look like the result of "they finally threw me the ball with a half decent look at the rim, I'm ****ing shooting it."  He presses and I don't think he has the kind of game or mentality to be a third or fourth option who spends most of his energy making off-ball contributions.  And there is no way that LeBron is going to feature him.

Paul George's confidence is wrecked.  It's painful to see.  That dude is hearing everything negative everyone is saying about him and is just floundering in his own head.  He started some **** with Damian Lillard right?  That was bad karma.  When he was talking about how he can't hit a shot right now, he sounded desperate and depressed.

Something weird is going on there, probably something personal we don't know about.  It's like he's having a mid-life crisis and he can't focus on the moment.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Paul George's confidence is wrecked.  It's painful to see.  That dude is hearing everything negative everyone is saying about him and is just floundering in his own head.  He started some **** with Damian Lillard right?  That was bad karma.  When he was talking about how he can't hit a shot right now, he sounded desperate and depressed.

Something weird is going on there, probably something personal we don't know about.  It's like he's having a mid-life crisis and he can't focus on the moment.

Somewhere, Roy Hibbert is smiling.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He choose not to do this.  He's been on three different teams, at any point he coulda chose to talk to someone like Pop, and i never heard a peep about it. You saying it was too late by time he could choose who to play for?

Dude still wears 23 and I guess didn't like the part of Jordan buying into Phil Jackson.  Granted Phil came to him, not other way around...jus...you are right on the problem. But he can't been given benefit of the doubt given how smart he is.

He knows EXACTLY what he is doing, its scary the thought that he might of rejected a HOF coach if he was forced to be coached by one, and in today's NBA, LeBron would've won.  He would've gotten rid of his own Phil Jackson and ownership wouldve supported it.  Grown man, where does the blame start?  I say the guy who used to be in the GOAT conversation that wants responsibility for everything as long as he's allowed to pick those responsibilities. 

I don't know, to me he shoots and uses possessions without conscience.  Just really bad choices that look like the result of "they finally threw me the ball with a half decent look at the rim, I'm ****ing shooting it."  He presses and I don't think he has the kind of game or mentality to be a third or fourth option who spends most of his energy making off-ball contributions.  And there is no way that LeBron is going to feature him.

I remember hating the idea of LeBron in DC and this was a huge reason why. When he leaves LA, the bottom will fall out because they cant develop a post-LeBron team and keep him happy. He's done this twice to Cleveland, twice.

Seth married his ex who is docs daughter. Lol jk. I don’t think that’s it but that did happen. 

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He choose not to do this.  He's been on three different teams, at any point he coulda chose to talk to someone like Pop, and i never heard a peep about it. You saying it was too late by time he could choose who to play for?

Dude still wears 23 and I guess didn't like the part of Jordan buying into Phil Jackson.  Granted Phil came to him, not other way around...jus...you are right on the problem. But he can't been given benefit of the doubt given how smart he is.

He knows EXACTLY what he is doing, its scary the thought that he might of rejected a HOF coach if he was forced to be coached by one, and in today's NBA, LeBron would've won.  He would've gotten rid of his own Phil Jackson and ownership wouldve supported it.  Grown man, where does the blame start?  I say the guy who used to be in the GOAT conversation that wants responsibility for everything as long as he's allowed to pick those responsibilities. 

I remember hating the idea of LeBron in DC and this was a huge reason why. When he leaves LA, the bottom will fall out because they cant develop a post-LeBron team and keep him happy. He's done this twice to Cleveland, twice.

If it gets you a title its worth it. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

If it gets you a title its worth it. 

Disagree.  Its never about getting jus A title for folks of that caliber and competitiveness. 

He could've been had more then 3, he was in the finals every year for nearly a decade just for existing in the Eastern conference, his way got him a losing record in the finals.

He should be remembered for doing it the wrong way and getting 3 rings anyway when he should've been had more by now. Bill Russell had 11 before he retired, more then 3 or 6 is not impossible when in the finals 8 years in a row. 

Incredible opportunity that literally no one gets this day in age, still feels wasted way he went out in some of them.  Feels more like an indictment of the eastern conference during that time period then he a sign he was right. I hope he's not remembered as being right.

His way could still get him 6, I dont think thats a good thing for big picture of the NBA.

I don’t know about that. Right now I could 4 at most because of 2011 and his play. But then you could say something about Ray Allen hitting that clutch 3 or in 2015 Kyrie and Love getting injured but then again 2016 with Draymond getting suspended and etc. I don’t think you can say he did the wrong way when he still succeeded. 

Edited by Dr. Do Itch Big
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I don’t know about that. Right now I could 4 at most because of 2011 and his play. But then you could say something about Ray Allen hitting that clutch 3 or in 2015 Kyrie and Love getting injured but then again 2016 with Draymond getting suspended and etc. I don’t think you can say he did the wrong way when he still succeeded. 

At what cost if he nearly dominates a franchise to a point it can't field a team without him, becomes dependent on him, and completely collapses after he leaves because he's decided for greener pastures? 

Is that what we want from future superstars, to either leave or complete hold franchises hostage? The next person to be compared the Jordan needs to do what Jordan did in forcing separation between team and front office, not force front office to hire Lue as coach and give Tristan 5yr $82 million.

My point isn't it didn't win rings, its not how teams should be trying to win rings, thats too much power to the players that at any moment can leave their franchise for dead when they are bored with them, typically starting from scratch. 

17 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Where is Cleveland before and after lebron. It’s piece of **** franchise that got lucky he felt obligated for. DC isn’t championship craved as Cleveland was. 

If you are arguing that Cavs owner knew what he was getting into so no point in buyers remorse, I can see that.  Same way I can see it happening elsewhere in the future.

Cavs didnt initiate this, they allowed to happen until they felt it was out of control and started to complain. 

Will it play out the same way next time?  Miami said no once they realized LeBron was serious, LA drew what appears to be a really weak line, but it exists otherwise Lue would be head coach, not Vogel.

I dont think any franchise should give that kinda power, but it still comes back to the player asking for it in the first place, that shouldve never happened and I do belive he'd have more rings if he didn't. 

17 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I said last year Philly should have fired Brown and people disagreed vehemently and claimed he was some great coach. There is a reason Brad Stevens has dominated his ass two years in a row.

1.  Brad Stevens has a better team.

2.  They didn't lose to the Celtics last year.  Celtics got bounced in the 2nd round 4-1 to the Bucks and nobody was talking about how great Stevens was (Sixers lost to the Raptors in game 7 on one of the craziest game deciding shots in NBA history).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

maybe. Just depends on do you bank on someone learning to shoot or deciding to care? 

The problem isn't that Simmons can't shoot it is that he doesn't shoot.  It would be one thing if he was hitting something like 28% on a reasonable volume of 3's, but he won't even do that.

And he even understands that he should shoot.  He's been talking the last 2 years about how he'll take 3's if they are there.  I don't know what could send the message that you don't care more than not doing something that all of your teammates are asking you to do, the coach has publicly said he wants you to do, and that you've said you'll do and still not doing it.

(I also think people under estimate how hard it is to postup as much as Embiid does a game and still be a factor in the pick and roll defense.  Yes, Shaq and the like posted up a ton a game, but nobody was asking Shaq to help defensively on a pick set out at the 3 point line.  What a true postup big is asked to do in today's game is unprecedented.)

15 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It seems that his early experience in Cleveland and the failure of them to put a team around him that could really compete has shaped his thinking.

Edited by PeterMP