Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

23 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

You too Sin? 

?

The ONLY good thing that can come from the Rockets beating y'all is watching The Tailgate fry you... Even though I want the Warriors to win, I might join in the frying just because you were talking trash in the Wizards thread the other night. Bamma. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

You too Sin? 

?

All good things must come to an end. Circle of life and all that...

Frankly, if both GS and Cleveland make it back, that just might be the first Finals I completely miss since LeBron's first trip in '07. The only way he makes it back is if the East crumbles in front of him in true mental midget dashion.

Cleveland getting smacked around, while perversely gratifying, will ultimately do nothing for me as a viewer.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

They'll just be the new villain if LeBron goes there.

Unless he signs one of those Uncle Benny contracts, I have no idea how all of that would even work, cap wise.

13 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

The ONLY good thing that can come from the Rockets beating y'all is watching The Tailgate fry you... Even though I want the Warriors to win, I might join in the frying just because you were talking trash in the Wizards thread the other night. Bamma. 

I got fried over 3-1 lead too. Then KD joined, so if the Warriors some how lose, then LeBron joins the warriors and I’m all good.

Klay> Beal

Edited by Dr. Do Itch Big
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The only way he makes it back is if the East crumbles in front of him in true mental midget dashion.

The Celtics are too young and they can't score.  They're not ready to take down Cleveland.

The Raptors are frauds.  There is zero chance they'll beat Cleveland.

The Wizards are not healthy and we're not a mature enough team to beat Cleveland either.  LeBron would do what he always does and average 35-10-10 on us and single-handedly kill us.

Cleveland is super vulnerable but they're the favorites to win the East by default.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Unless he signs one of those Uncle Benny contracts, I have no idea how all of that would even work, cap wise.

Funny you say that, that's option #1 (which I don't see either).  They may have to lose Capela or Gordon to pull it off.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/12/11/16761746/lebron-james-rockets-free-agency-salary-cap-how 

NBA should nuke this idea from orbit, imo, but I don't think CBA is going to let Silver do it.  

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Celtics are too young and they can't score.  They're not ready to take down Cleveland.

The Raptors are frauds.  There is zero chance they'll beat Cleveland.

The Wizards are not healthy and we're not a mature enough team to beat Cleveland either.  LeBron would do what he always does and average 35-10-10 on us and single-handedly kill us.

Cleveland is super vulnerable but they're the favorites to win the East by default.

I was hoping to get a radioactive hot take from you about how John Wall is gonna return, and lead y'all to glory

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I was hoping to get a radioactive hot take from you about how John Wall is gonna return, and lead y'all to glory

He might return fully healthy in the next few weeks and he might kill it.  I actually don't think either of those things are far fetched.

But even with a fully healthy team, I still doubt we'd beat Cleveland.  I'd give us like a 35% chance.  Not unthinkable, but not likely.  We don't have an answer for LeBron.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

A healthy Wall and the Wizards can beat the Cavs the way we're collectively passing the ball right now.  A healthy Wall.  We just beat them without him.

Regular season is not the playoffs.  LeBron goes into a different gear in the postseason.  Their whole team does.  The only guy in the NBA capable of outplaying LeBron head to head in a playoff series is Kevin Durant.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Regular season is not the playoffs.  LeBron goes into a different gear in the postseason.  Their whole team does.  The only guy in the NBA capable of outplaying LeBron head to head in a playoff series is Kevin Durant.

Only other star they have is Love and he isn't healthy either.  Beal and Wall were averaging 48ppg combined in playoffs last year, add ~30 assists a game to that and you still don't think we stand a chance?

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Only other star they have is Love and he isn't healthy either.  Beal and Wall were averaging 48ppg combined in playoffs last year, add ~30 assists a game to that and you still don't think we stand a chance?

I think they'd be substantial favorites and events would have to take an unexpected turn in our favor to win.  And I think we'd almost certainly have to get the three seed to pull off the upset.  I don't doubt that we could push them pretty hard in a series.  But I think there would be some happy to be there factor with us if we made it to the ECF.  And I trust LeBron in a pivotal game six or game seven more than I trust Wall and Beal.

Our best shot to make it out of the East is for LeBron to leave the conference this summer.  We're always going to be second fiddle to his team while he's here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

And I trust LeBron in a pivotal game six or game seven more than I trust Wall and Beal.

That's fair.  We put the Hawks out of their misery in Atlanta last year, but couldn't finish off Boston, though.  I'm staying optimistic, its no fun not to, but its hard to without seeing a healthy Wall all year.

19 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

All good things must come to an end. Circle of life and all that...

Frankly, if both GS and Cleveland make it back, that just might be the first Finals I completely miss since LeBron's first trip in '07. The only way he makes it back is if the East crumbles in front of him in true mental midget dashion.

Cleveland getting smacked around, while perversely gratifying, will ultimately do nothing for me as a viewer.

They are going to get Love back, and he's still probably the 2nd best player on the team.  For most teams, losing your second best player causes issues.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if their a better team come playoff time (and legitimately the best team in the East).

Edited by PeterMP

The Academy wasn't ready for Space Jam back in 1996.  I'm sure English Patient was good but nobody has actually sat through that entire movie since it won.  Space Jam stood the test of time.  Also, if they can give Nicolas Cage an Oscar the year before, they could give one to Jordan.