Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Disinterested.  Looks like Harden in an elimination game.

Let's not get carried away. 

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I love John Wall and can't imagine how he would be teamed with Lebron, but Kyrie has impressed me a ton.... 

I find it Ironic Steve says Kyrie is ass and then he drops 40 off ridiculously tough shots

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Cakewalk? Aren't the cavs winning right now? Heard the score from a friend just a couple minutes ago. 

Were the warriors winning at some point tonight? Also, after last year, the NBA finals is everything but a cakewalk for them. Blowing a 3-1 series lead last year. Now the series is about to be 3-1 after being up 3-0. 

If they somebow manage to blow a 3-0 series lead A YEAR after they blew a 3-1 series lead? They should just about quit playing basketball. 

Never change bro 

• Like 1

I think the Warriors win in game 5, but no, the torch has not been passed to Durant. James is ridiculous. I don't know where he ranks in the top-5 of all time but I do think people, me included, take for granted how insanely good he is. 

• Like 1

Feel good for my Cavs/Lebron fan son... Game 3 crushed him... when I was his age I had to experience same thing in 1993... Notre Dame losing undefeated season to BC... I told him if he likes Cavs, Patriots, etc. Now he need to stick with them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I find it Ironic Steve says Kyrie is ass and then he drops 40 off ridiculously tough shots

I can't stand the way he plays.  He's a playground scorer who doesn't play any team ball whatsoever.  But he made a ton of big shots tonight.

He gives you nothing when his shot is off though.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Destino said:

No playoff perfection for the Warriors.  Cavs, even in a losing series, deny the Warriors the proof needed to trumpet their status as the best.  

I was thinking if they didn't get the sweep, it would make their expected championship a little less spectacular... Which is pretty spectacular since they set the bar so high.

Somebody told me earlier that 4-1 is a Gentleman's Sweep. ??

29 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Never change bro 

Sorry, I just didn't understand what you meant by that post about it being a cakewalk for them which is why I asked. I don't follow the NBA as much as the NFL. 

Was it sarcasm or did you post that at a moment when the warriors actually were winning tonight's game? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sorry, I just didn't understand what you meant by that post about it being a cakewalk for them which is why I asked. I don't follow the NBA as much as the NFL. 

Was it sarcasm or did you post that at a moment when the warriors actually were winning tonight's game? 

It was jus sarcasm man from all the talk in here about how uncompetitive and easy the Warriors have it 

2 hours ago, Destino said:

The amount of grabbing, clotheslines, shoving, and elbows Curry takes off the ball is amazing.  If they did 10% of that to to most players, there would be a fight.  You couldn't do it to Lebron because you'd foul out and/or be suspended. 

Curry doesn't get foul calls.  It's bizarre.  He's one of the greatest players in the history of the sport and he gets treated like he's Kyle Korver.  It's a big part of why he's periodically gone quiet in the Finals.  He's the only superstar that the refs let you defend that way.  They only watch the ball, but they also let fouls go on Curry when he's on the ball.  They officiate him on a curve.

I honestly think Curry is just going to have to start hitting people back.

• Like 2

If you watch Love when a **** goes off,  he pushes, pulls, grabs almost every time.  

Not sure how to link a FB video to the internet, but somebody posted a 30 second montage clip of Love pushing off, and all clips are just from the 2017 playoffs 

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Curry doesn't get foul calls.  It's bizarre.  He's one of the greatest players in the history of the sport and he gets treated like he's Kyle Korver.  It's a big part of why he's periodically gone quiet in the Finals.  He's the only superstar that the refs let you defend that way.  They only watch the ball, but they also let fouls go on Curry when he's on the ball.  They officiate him on a curve.

I honestly think Curry is just going to have to start hitting people back.

Wait, Curry is one of the greatest players in the history of the sport? He may end up there, but he still has a bit to go. 

37 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It was jus sarcasm man from all the talk in here about how uncompetitive and easy the Warriors have it 

well, wasn't tonight their first loss in the entire NBA playoffs? I don't know much about the competition they've had this whole time, but 15-0 sounds like it's been pretty easy for them so far.

16 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Wait, Curry is one of the greatest players in the history of the sport? He may end up there, but he still has a bit to go. 

He's already there.  Back to back MVPs.  Led a team to a title and the winningest season in NBA history.  He could retire tomorrow and be a first ballot HoFer.

• Like 1