Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

"Scouting reports" on ESPN claiming Okafor isn't dedicated to putting in the work, more interested in doing just enough to get by. No real love for the game.

I don't think I believe it. The rap on him has been that he's a worker that comes from a great family. I also don't think you get a post game that advanced at 18 years old without being a junkie of the game.

why cant the hawks just go back to their uniforms from the 80s...those were the best.  

back to the draft,  anyone want to predict what the big trade will be tomorrow?

One trade - but it won't be big - will move David Lee and his salary off the Warrior's roster.   I would guess he will go to Philly or the Knicks, and they won't give up anything to get him.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/13134107/phil-jackson-new-york-knicks-criticizes-lebron-james-nba-offenses

When I watch some of these playoff games, and I look at what's being run out there, as what people call an offense, it's really quite remarkable to see how far our game has fallen from a team game," Jackson told Bleacher Report. "Four guys stand around watching one guy dribble a basketball.

"I watch LeBron James, for example. He might [travel] every other time he catches the basketball if he's off the ball. He catches the ball, moves both his feet. You see it happen all the time. There's no structure, there's no discipline, there's no 'How do we play this game' type of attitude. And it goes all the way through the game. To the point where now guys don't screen -- they push guys off with their hands."

Phil is so salty that the Knicks suck lol.

Phil paying no attention to the fact that everyone on the Cavs roster was injured and that was the only reason they went to the iso offense.  

The Hawks previous uniforms were boring. These throw random neon in them and look even worse.

Doesn't matter, I don't watch Hawks games anyway, especially not their home games because I can't unsee PacMan, ever since I first saw that logo years ago. They missed a great opportunity to promote Pixels durig the playoffs. Really wish they would do something about lackluster Hawk logo

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Phil Jackson complaining about traveling not being called?

That's rich.

It's becoming trendy to write off Phil Jackson but he's been screaming about teams running a disciplined offense for decades. He's got a treasure chest full of rings that say putting great players into a great offense generates better results than just giving them the ball and running a bunch of simple plays in hopes they make something happen.

He's got a treasure chest of rings and a career that prove that a big part of success in life is choosing the right situations and surrounding yourself with the best.

And that he who has the best toys, wins.

Edited by Major Harris

Phil Jackson complaining about traveling not being called?

That's rich.

He's got a treasure chest of rings and a career that prove that a big part of success in life is choosing the right situations and surrounding yourself with the best.

And that he who has the best toys, wins.

Saying that talent matters in the nba isn't a shocking revelation. Jackson got the most out of that talent however and got more out of his teams than other coaches that enjoyed talented rosters.

Love opted out and I'm not seeing a lot of noise indicating Cleveland wants him back. If he walks for nothing that trade is amazingly bad.

Everyone knew he was going to opt out.   I don't think it has much to do with whether Cleveland wants him.  

I'm probably in the minority, but i LOVE the Hawks new unis.  There is something ill (in a good way) about the neon.  If you're changing up the color scheme, try something different...I think it works. 

*I think Charlotte is going to regret giving up on Vonleh. 

Charlotte is breaking out new uniforms tonight.

No idea what they will be.

Lakers screw this up... I am going to be in a very salty mood tonight.

This they get Cousins? It will cost them a ton.

I'm happy with Batum, hate to see Henderson go though.  Almost a near lateral move as far as productivity, though Batum has the edge on rebounds/assists.  

Vonleh is/was a project.  I hate that we wasted a #9 pick on him last year only to trade him away.  But honestly, with the state this team is in, how long can you let him ride the pine and develop?  We don't have the team in place or time to develop project players, imo.

We need players that can play now and draft picks that can start immediately or at least crack the starting roster their first season or be ready by their second year.  Vonleh still isn't ready.

Charlotte is breaking out new uniforms tonight.

No idea what they will be.

Hopefully they get rid of the Wild Berry Pop Tart alternates. People wait like 10-12 years for the Hornets to come back, only for them to go overboard with the purple and neon teal. Makes no sense.