Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I don't know man, I think it'll be a four or five game affair. Chicago scores better than them and they are totally comfortable in a defensive battle. Milwaukee has pluck and they are well coached and their length and athleticism is an advantage over the Bulls. But I don't think it's enough.

Just going to come back to Steve's reply to my "Bucks will take it to six" post after game one because I am a very petty and ego-driven man.

You gotta figure Thibs is on the out in Chicago. There is no excuse for that team to be this awful on offense. Rose scored 13 points on 20 shots smh.

Thibs is honestly looking like a glorified Randy Wittman. Except Wittman outcoached the **** out of him last year and it seems like Kidd is now giving him trouble too.

The Bulls are just the ultimate try hard team. They bust their butts in the regular season but that doesn't mean anything in the playoffs when everyone is trying hard.

Except that's not true this season. They aren't trying at all.

They've been coasting all season against inferior teams.

It starts with Gasol. They aren't that lovable scrappy team anymore

You gotta figure Thibs is on the out in Chicago. There is no excuse for that team to be this awful on offense. Rose scored 13 points on 20 shots smh.

Rose's stat line is awful.  5-20 shooting.  0-7 from three.  Only 2 assists to go along with 6 turnovers.  That's a special type of ugly and it's hard to win with a guy playing that poorly on the floor for 42 minutes. 

Wizards fans have tobe ecstatic. The Cavs lost their minds, and everyone else looks very mortal. Surprising that a seasoned team like the Bulls couldn't close out the Bucks at home

I don't want to jinx anything, but this first round couldn't have played out better for us so far. We're on break and the one seed is in a battle with the eight seed? And they might lose?? We could have a home court series against an eight seed in the second round. Unbelievable. That would be the Basketball Gods parting the sea for us to get to the ECF. Plus Love is banged up and Chicago isn't playing well any more. Maybe they heard my prayer from before.

Lionel Hollins is a pretty good coach.

• Like 1

Hawks are on the ropes. Overtime loss really hurt.

Get it together, fellas!

Side note: Hubby & I were discussing how the Braves & Falcons are getting new stadiums, and it's the Hawks making the city proud right now, for the first time in decades.

We're not NBA fans on any level, but we're all in for this. GO HAWKS!

I don't want to jinx anything, but this first round couldn't have played out better for us so far. We're on break and the one seed is in a battle with the eight seed? And they might lose?? We could have a home court series against an eight seed in the second round. Unbelievable. That would be the Basketball Gods parting the sea for us to get to the ECF.

Been giving a lot of thought these past few days if DC, the city I love, could ever sink to the level of Baltimore and what it would take to happen. Now if the impossible happens if we end up the best team (not too many details, don't want to jinx it) I just might start a riot myself outside the Phone Booth. 27 years of frustration, all being released. Watch out.

(ftr, not serious)

Been giving a lot of thought these past few days if DC, the city I love, could ever sink to the level of Baltimore and what it would take to happen. Now if the impossible happens if we end up the best team (not too many details, don't want to jinx it) I just might start a riot myself outside the Phone Booth. 27 years of frustration, all being released. Watch out.

(ftr, not serious)

If that happened, I think riots would be the least of our concerns.  I think we'd be more worried about the raining frogs, locust swarms, and eschatalogical fire consuming the world.

Would it be ridiculous to say that Jason Richardson is one the best dunkers of all time?

When I think of insane Sportscenter highlights, I think of him.  Him and Andre Igoudala.

Strange. I randomly thought about that this morning. But I had a hard time with the category (innovative dunk contest types vs in-game types, and guys that were both)

I still think, no matter what direction you go in, Vince Carter is the greatest

If that happened, I think riots would be the least of our concerns.  I think we'd be more worried about the raining frogs, locust swarms, and eschatalogical fire consuming the world.

You'd also need a wackamole hammer, to destroy the "Brand new" Wizards fans. Been telling y'all for years. If you make noise this spring, and get Durant next year, brace yourselves....

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Yeah hard to go against Vince Carter.

Somewhere in my memory I just have an image of Jason Richardson going ham in games.  Posterizing opposing players on a consistent basis.

In his earlier years with GS, I'd say he was very much near the top... I still remember that '02 Dunk Contest, where he got the high bounce catch and reverse midair

Edited by Mr. Sinister

In his earlier years with GS, I'd say he was very much near the top... I still remember that '02 Dunk Contest, where he got the high bounce catch and reverse midair

Just had to rewatch that...yeah that was sick.  The way he caught it and contorted his body.  He controlled his motion and went reverse mid air.  Nice dunk.

One of the most underappreciated dunks ever to me is the Paul George 360 between the legs dunk.  The all star game was in New Orleans that year, the crowd was so weak.  To be fair it was his like his fourth try, but the sheer difficulty of that dunk is off the radar.

Would it be ridiculous to say that Jason Richardson is one the best dunkers of all time?

When I think of insane Sportscenter highlights, I think of him.  Him and Andre Iguodala.

Vince Carter.   And for you old schoolers - Dominique.

Yeah that was pretty sick. And lol at Harold Miner in the  bottom right post vid. That was all that bum was ever good for

Vince Carter.   And for you old schoolers - Dominique.

#2 is a hard discussion, but I'd personally put Nique there. I mean, this guy played on All Star Weekend in his  40's, noticeably chunky, and still threw down a vicious alley-oop