Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Pelicans traded noel to Philly for JRUE HOLLIDAY...

My God the Sixers are stupid

One of the worst trades ever. Young all star point guard and first round pick for injured unproven center.

I'm reading that the Pelicans are sending the 76ers a top three protected pick in 2014. That's still a mistake IMO but its better than what I heard initially.

Sixers are going to plan on tanking a year.

Noel will play very little to none.  They'll be really bad.  Clear some cap space and come back in two years with Noel (plus MCW will have a year as an NBG PG under his belt), two high first round picks, and major money to play in the FA market (Bynum money+).

A Sixers fan perspective of the trade:

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/6/27/4472530/nerlens-noel-jrue-holiday-trade-sixers-pelicans-news-nba-draft

Edited by PeterMP

Very funny that Stern gets wild cheers for his final pick now that he's retiring after being booed forever... and then when he introduces the new commissioner, Adam Silver, the crowd turned on the new guy and booed him like crazy.   :lol:

Chris Broussard is saying that the Nets have agreed to a trade, in principle, that will send Garnett, Pierce, and Terry to the Nets.   :o

That's a lot of ego that has to mesh with Deron Williams, along with a team already comprised of a fair amount of mental midgets, with a legendary player, but rookie head coach.

Good luck with that...

Chris Broussard is saying that the Nets have agreed to a trade, in principle, that will send Garnett, Pierce, and Terry to the Nets.   :o

That's a lot of ego that has to mesh with Deron Williams, along with a team already comprised of a fair amount of mental midgets, with a legendary player, but rookie head coach.

Good luck with that...

Yeah the hiring of Jason Kidd makes even less sense now.  At least the Heat fans should be hearing less of the "built a super team" crap now that the Nets appear to intend to buy a championship... and will pay an insane amount of money for it.  

I bet Rondo is calling his agent right about now.  He's 27... no way he wants any part of this rebuild.  The Celtics are not tanking with any subtlety.  This is a passionate tank job.  I don't think Rondo is the type of player that wants to be waving his hat around while riding a bomb down to last place.   Celtics are going to suck for three years at least.  

Edited by Destino

Good luck with that...

Yeah the hiring of Jason Kidd makes even less sense now.  At least the Heat fans should be hearing less of the "built a super team" crap now that the Nets appear to intend to buy a championship... and will pay an insane amount of money for it.  

Well Prokhorov missed out on Wall, missed out on LeBron, missed out on Melo, and missed out on Dwight. Figures that he'd do something like this... If this fell through he probably would've tried to have someone assassinated. All of this makes ZERO sense though, and it could all turn out to be brilliant, or it could crumble very fast (more likely). There really doesn't seem to be an in-between here.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

LOL. Tell me about it. You mean to tell me they trade Holliday but keep Evan Turner's sorry ass?

As a Sixer's fan I am PISSED! Not for getting Noel, but for trading a potential star.

Good luck with that...

I bet Rondo is calling his agent right about now.  He's 27... no way he wants any part of this rebuild.  The Celtics are not tanking with any subtlety.  This is a passionate tank job.  I don't think Rondo is the type of player that wants to be waving his hat around while riding a bomb down to last place.   Celtics are going to suck for three years at least.  

Yeah, and maybe their awesome, passionate, and loyal fans will start cheering opposing players again.

Anthony Bennett going #1 is insane

Not really. I'm not so sure he isn't the best player in this draft. He's being compared to Larry Johnson. I can think of worse guys to be compared to.

LOL. Tell me about it. You mean to tell me they trade Holliday but keep Evan Turner's sorry ass?

As a Sixer's fan I am PISSED! Not for getting Noel, but for trading a potential star.

You should be pissed. AWFUL trade. It was bad enough, trading Jrue for Noel...AND a first rounder?! That's insane. Edited by Bubble Screen

Chris Broussard is saying that the Nets have agreed to a trade, in principle, that will send Garnett, Pierce, and Terry to the Nets. :o

Good luck with that...

Yeah the hiring of Jason Kidd makes even less sense now. At least the Heat fans should be hearing less of the "built a super team" crap now that the Nets appear to intend to buy a championship... and will pay an insane amount of money for it.

I bet Rondo is calling his agent right about now. He's 27... no way he wants any part of this rebuild. The Celtics are not tanking with any subtlety. This is a passionate tank job. I don't think Rondo is the type of player that wants to be waving his hat around while riding a bomb down to last place. Celtics are going to suck for three years at least.

I've been noticing a lot of teams trying to "tank" the 2013 season in order to try and get Wiggins. Everyone thinks they can get him.

So who thinks Pringles will get canned before July 1st? 

Probably makes little difference now... I think Dwight's gone baby gone.

They may have been able to change things if they'd done the sensible thing and hired Phil Jackson when they had him in their laps.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Probably makes little difference now... I think Dwight's gone baby gone.

They may have been able to change things if they'd done the sensible thing and hired Phil Jackson when they had him in their laps.

I'm not sure what the Lakers can do anything other than make sure they have plenty of cap space for when the Heat potentially break apart after next season. Other than that I guess they could move Gasol to center and try to sign JSmoove at PF but I don't think that makes them contenders. Nash won't be able to stay on the court without the Suns legendary medical and training staff. Metta is too old and slow. Kobe is coming back from a major injury. Gasol and the head coach can't stand eachother.

Lakers are a mess right now.

i can't watch the draft... it is such a CF, just look at the results when it is all over....

I hate the Mavs but I do like Larkin, should be a good pick for them...

From what I have heard D.Howard is going there too.... dammit

Larkin is short with short arms. If he's going to succeed in the NBA his game is going to have to be incredible. Edited by Destino

I'm starting to get that sinking feeling that Wiggins is going to end up a Celtic. This is Silver's first opportunity to carry on the legacy of Stern...

Good luck with that...

I don't think its a tank job, getting a top pick is just an added benefit. There was no need to keep Garnett and Pierce at this point. They aren't going anywhere with that team. It makes sense to start over now that Doc wanted out and they are old. They were held together by a fabric last season anyway. At least they got something for them in 1st round draft picks rather than sticking with them and ending up with nothing like the original Big 3 did. 

So who thinks Pringles will get canned before July 1st? 

Too late for that. Honestly, Laker fans should be happy Dwight is going. Lakers are dodging a train wreck. 

I think Brooklyn has like 91 million dollars in cap commitments for next season. That roster is not good enough to contend with either IMO. Joe Johnson is a horrible contract and he was a below average starter for his position last year... DWill is prickly and inconsistent. KG and Pierce are old. And Lopez will probably be the best player on that team and he's going to have to tip toe around four other big egos.

I don't think you can build a contender taking shortcuts like this.