Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the biggest lie being told going into the 2013 season?

zoony

With the recent Congressman demanding the Redskins change their name, I'm going to vote in the "redskins is a racist name" category. By far, the biggest lie when no one can pinpoint when the word has ever been used in a derogatory way and it's roots come from pride and respect. Apparently, numerous Native Americans coming out against this notion that it's as bad as the n-word means nothing. 

As to the predictions of the defense not improving that much. If so, that will be the thing that Shanny will ultimately IMO have to overcome to his remaining critics.  The rap on him by them is they concede he is an offensive genius but can't put together good defenses and thereby can produce good but not Superbowl teams, post Elway.  I've defended him mostly on this point, but it stuck with me when he said this is a top 5 defense talent wise last year -- using injuries as the excuse for its poor play.  If its as good as Shanny thinks it is, then we should be a juggernaut this year.   

Clearly Alfred Morris didn't make an impact in his first year, lol ;)

But back on topic:

"The Redskins special teams will miss Lorenzo Alexander and Danny Smith"

DC, did you get your Morris' confused? Raheem vs. Alfred?

I also agree, that the 'Skins are going to miss Lorenzo and Danny significantly is a lie. They will probably miss Lorenzo's leadership. But, he's a special teamer and backup LB at this point, both of which can be replaced.

Definitely.

What's the biggest lie you think the skins has this year?

Hmmm, tough one. 

I'll take either (the career average, one dimensional, highly predictable) Jim Haslett will prove his worth with the injured guys back and secondary additions this year; or the notion we have a real good O-line. Don't get me wrong, I hope they play above themselves again like last year. But it's a big ask for the center on out the right side to perform like that again IMHO two years running. (Presuming the front 5 is unchanged.). 

Hail. 

Dallas are going to win the the East. 

That's the biggest lie of all. 

Hail. 

Yeah what's the deal with Dallas being in vogue again with the NFL talking heads.  Gil Brandt though plays it down with his folksy oh shucks style but I always found him to be a Dallas homer so it doesn't surprise me that he touts them but he's not the only one.  I liked it when Michael Strahan made fun of Brandt's prediction and took heat from Dallas fans on twitter.  IMO, Dallas is loaded with good players except for safety and O line -- but they don't seem to put it together.  Don't see why it will be different this year.  IMO safety and O line is still weak.   Ditto their head coach.

The other thing am tired of is the Giants being perceived to be the smart safe pick to win the division. I bet they over any NFC East team will be predicted to win the division by most NFL magazines/sports writers.  Also during the season, the Giants are given IMO too much credit as some sort of magical team that can beat any team and do anything if they FEEL like it.  Really, if the Giants are such an emotional roller coaster who some times feel like winning and sometimes don't -- how great of a motivator is Coughlin? 

Relevance?

Umm... I'm gonna go with the "Chris Thompson will have a big impact this year" being a lie... and they are both running backs picked by Mike Shanahan... who makes a living off of picking running backs... for a reason.... EOM

DC, did you get your Morris' confused? Raheem vs. Alfred?

I also agree, that the 'Skins are going to miss Lorenzo and Danny significantly is a lie. They will probably miss Lorenzo's leadership. But, he's a special teamer and backup LB at this point, both of which can be replaced.

I'm still figuring this new gal out.  The comment was directed at the Chris Thompson will have an impact bit.

And I would agree that we will miss Lorenzo's stability, but there will be another leader who can step up. 

Biggest lies:

• "The Skins' offense will be just fine if Cousins plays, so rest up RG3 for another month or two just to be safe."
  • "Redskin is the most offensive racial slur you can call a Native American...it's the equivalent of the N-word."
  • "RG3 has torn his ACL twice now."
  • "Josh Wilson is horrible and should have been cut."

Biggest lie:
Barry Cofield is not a good NT and we need to upgrade

Sleepers:

The offensive line. With another year together, I think they will continue to improve and be better than most people think they will be.

Ryan Kerrigan. Not necessarily a sleeper, but I think he is going to have a defensive player of the year type season.

[Previous post:Clearly Alfred Morris didn't make an impact in his first year] Umm... I'm gonna go with the "Chris Thompson will have a big impact this year" being a lie...

Um still scratching my head..... are Alfred Morris and Chirs Thompson the same player? And where did I say that Morris didn't have a huge impact?

3. RG3 isn't a "Read Option - Gimmicky" QB.. He is an accurate passing QB, who happens to be an elite athlete. The offense will continue to evolve, while at the sametime utilize one of his best attributes, his mobility.

In our thread of potential fallacies, this stands out as truth.  I think the national media loses sight of this simple fact about RGIII.

Um still scratching my head..... are Alfred Morris and Chirs Thompson the same player? And where did I say that Morris didn't have a huge impact?

You didn't say anything about Morris.  I was using that as exhibit 1 as to why you shouldn't under estimate a Shanahan running back. 

Unless Thompson is put on IR I argue that he will have a big impact on the offense.  That's it. 

Archived