Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

5 minutes ago, #HTTR said:

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Anyone who is supportive of this should be ashamed of themselves.

It looks like you are new here. I would suggest going to look at other pages in the tailgate. This statement will not make you any friends here.

Don’t support this team or the NFL if they do this. Coupled with the farce that is the black national anthem, this has become less about football than it is for fake social justice. They don’t care about you they just want your money.

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Washington Incrementalism.  We’ll get there.  Eventually.

WASHINGTON INSIDERS

Every midwestern opponent will tremble in fear (and blame us for all their personal problems too).

1 minute ago, just654 said:

It looks like you are new here. I would suggest going to look at other pages in the tailgate. This statement will not make you any friends here.

I could care less. It is a mental disorder. Unlike the NFL and this team, I’m not backing down to an angry delusional mob.

This is a terrible day. The only gold at the end of this pot is that this locks in their return to RFK where everything should be headquartered. All this nonsense of being scattered in VA and MD is over.

3 minutes ago, #HTTR said:

Don’t support this team or the NFL if they do this. Coupled with the farce that is the black national anthem, this has become less about football than it is for fake social justice. They don’t care about you they just want your money.

I don’t know what we’ll do without you. 

5 minutes ago, #HTTR said:

Are you telling us this as if we all just figured this out? Snyder kept the name as long as capitalism supported it in the form of fan loyalty. Now there’s very little of that left, and his sponsors are upset, capitalism supports that he look into changing it.

The “I won’t support this team...” thing is moot given that there’s very little fan support left, and they might actually win a few interested parties just by addressing this.

youre making a statement with your wallet, but so are Nike and fedex.

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I don’t know what we’ll do without you. 

Ah. A beta fan. Submission was easy for you.

1 minute ago, wrilbo67 said:

Are you telling us this as if we all just figured this out? Snyder kept the name as long as capitalism supported it in the form of fan loyalty. Now there’s very little of that left, and his sponsors are upset, capitalism supports that he poking into changing it.

The “I won’t support this team...” thing is moot given that there’s very little fan support left, and they might actually win a few interested parties just by addressing this.

It is not fixing any plight of the native Americans. 

On 6/3/2020 at 12:35 PM, grego said:

in fact, in the vast minority when we look at objective polling data.

The polling data on this is very minimal.  Especially to use the word vast minority.

https://news.berkeley.edu/2020/02/04/native-mascots-survey/

The Washington Post has twice done two polls of about 500 people (very small sample size) and once found 9 in 10 are okay with it, but the other time found 32% are offended.  And a more recent larger poll puts the number offended even higher.

4 minutes ago, FS#21 said:

This is a terrible day. The only gold at the end of this pot is that this locks in their return to RFK where everything should be headquartered. All this nonsense of being scattered in VA and MD is over.

It's not that serious.

8 minutes ago, #HTTR said:

It's not that serious.

1 minute ago, PeterMP said:

The polling data on this is very minimal.  Especially to use the word vast minority.

The Washington Post has twice done two polls of about 500 people (very small sample size) and once found 9 in 10 are okay with it, but the other time found 32% are offended.  And a more recent larger poll puts the number offended even higher.

Are you saying we should change anything that offends anyone?

1 minute ago, #HTTR said:

Are you saying we should change anything that offends anyone?

I'm saying his statement about the polling data isn't likely correct.

In general, I tend to try not to offend people.  But my point above was more about being accurate.

5 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Welcome to earth.

(careful there's a pandemic going around)

You probably think the earth is flat.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

The Cowboys are next. And Vikings.

Patriots, Chiefs, Packers (offends the vegans).

4 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Pretty sure it was also 500 people "Who identify as Native American " (whatever that means, because I know a lot of non Native people who claim that ancestry)

Archived