Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brian Orakpo: Current most over hyped Redskin? Or as good as advertised?

Gibbs Hog Heaven

Maybe Brian hits the market, finds the top end money isn't out there, and we get a deal done that fits all party's?

Hail.

You know this but I want to say it clear: I think Rak is a very, very damned good football player. But I couldn't agree more with this quote above. If the deal doesn't work for all parties involved, it can't work and all involved need to move to their respective paths.

I hope he ends up here, but we can't "overpay". We just can't.

You know this but I want to say it clear: I think Rak is a very, very damned good football player. But I couldn't agree more with this quote above. If the deal doesn't work for all parties involved, it can't work and all involved need to move to their respective paths.

I hope he ends up here, but we can't "overpay". We just can't.

I'm hoping that is the case too.

Love the dude... he just needs to realize what he is and what that is worth.  And it ain't what he and his following have been trying to sell.

He was never a 4-3 end for us though. Vinny drafted him (tried to trade up but the Broncos saved us from ourselves) with the intent of moving him to 4-3 OLB.

only because we didn't need an end that season.  We were trying to put as many good people on the field as possible

Would you blame him DC for taking the money ?

Of course not.

But loyalty is underrated.  This is a fanbase that'll take care of you for the rest of your life if you treat it right.

From buying Dexter's Super Bowl ring after he sold it for crack to even some of us enjoying Lavar Arrington's show.

Good luck finding that from the Raiders or another team.  And I will remember that if he wants to come back and sponge off of this fan base after his career.

Would you blame him DC for taking the money ?

It's neither here nor there to me as I don't think he's anything more than a good player and is certainly replaceable; but to answer the question yeah, I could. We have RGIII. We're set for a great shot at success under a new regime. He's a very rich man already. ANYONE that walked from that to somewhere like Oakland that has no hope loves the financial spoils of the game FAR more than the game and success playing it. Which ultimately should be what drives you as it's the whole ethos of sports.

Hail.

Bedlam needs a new shirt.  I hope he's okay.

eminem_8_mile_battle.jpg

Well if he is leaving, I kinda hope he ends up in Dallas.  Only because I have an autographed football from him that I got him to write "**** DALLAS" on it!  I'm sure that would become a big hit!

If I had to guess I'd say he goes to Houston, Cleveland, or Philly.

Dallas doesn't have the space to sign him. 

I saw where somebody said he is looking for the defensive end tag because he lined up there on something like 60% of the snaps. Does this contradict the stats we've heard about how often he drops back into coverage versus how often he rushes?

No, just means we were in a 4 lineman formation 60% of the time (while we were in nickel D because our secondary was getting torched).

It's neither here nor there to me as I don't think he's anything more than a good player and is certainly replaceable; but to answer the question yeah, I could. We have RGIII. We're set for a great shot at success under a new regime. He's a very rich man already. ANYONE that walked from that to somewhere like Oakland that has no hope loves the financial spoils of the game FAR more than the game and success playing it. Which ultimately should be what drives you as it's the whole ethos of sports.

Hail.

That just ain't the real world GHH.

That just ain't the real world GHH.

It still is with some. Would you sign for Dallas for example? It would be one thing if these guys in the modern game are aet for life regardless. But they are. If you're earning money the rest of us can only dream about, and you go to a no-hope team like Iakland because they offer you the most, money is whet drives you. Not success within the sport .

I hate the modern game and the attitude it fosters.

Hail.

Well if he is leaving, I kinda hope he ends up in Dallas. Only because I have an autographed football from him that I got him to write "**** DALLAS" on it! I'm sure that would become a big hit!

I'd love him to end up a divisional rival to dispel this assertion that he's a top echelon player. He wouldn't get NEAR 10 twice a year and Silver Back would just enhance his reputation.

If he was a top echelon player, I'd be screaming for the Redskins to lock him down for life.

But as this thread posed, he isn't and isn't rightly getting paid as such.

Hail.

It still is with some. Would you sign for Dallas for example? It would be one thing if these guys in the modern game are aet for life regardless. But they are. If you're earning money the rest of us can only dream about, and you go to a no-hope team like Iakland because they offer you the most, money is whet drives you. Not success within the sport .

I hate the modern game and the attitude it fosters.

Hail.

We love the Redskins...but Orakpo..?? He can do what he wants. We were 3-13 and a total wreck. Rookie HC in the hot seat now.

Someone might give him 6yrs 60-70 mil and you expect loyalty. Nah...

We love the Redskins...but Orakpo..?? He can do what he wants. We were 3-13 and a total wreck. Rookie HC in the hot seat now.

Someone might give him 6yrs 60-70 mil and you expect loyalty. Nah...

'Loyalty' is your choice of word. That never entered my head.

My point was if you, as a football player already set for life financially, walked away from a team set for success with the hottest young QB in he game to a team with no hope to see out your career down to said no-hoppers ponying up more money than you as an individual are money orientated as opposed to what drives the very best players. Success in their sport.

Hail.

My point was if you, as a football player already set for life financially, walked away from a team set for success with the hottest young QB in he game to a team with no hope to see out your career down to said no-hoppers ponying up more money than you as an individual are money orientated as opposed to what drives the very best players. Success in their sport.

We're not exactly the most stable or successful franchise either.

Of course not.

But loyalty is underrated. This is a fanbase that'll take care of you for the rest of your life if you treat it right.

From buying Dexter's Super Bowl ring after he sold it for crack to even some of us enjoying Lavar Arrington's show.

Good luck finding that from the Raiders or another team. And I will remember that if he wants to come back and sponge off of this fan base after his career.

What happened to Lavar? He didn't play for as long as a 2nd overall pick should. A little before my time.

Archived