Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Tulsa King. 

Stallone (shut up, TTB) is a mafia capo that just got finished serving 25 years in the state penitentiary. Didn’t snitch. After being released he gets together with his crew and they unceremoniously banish him to Tulsa where nothings going on. They try to spin it as opening up a new territory but he sees it for what it is, which is Siberia. 

But he’s out there and he’s gotta earn. And he does. It’s kind of a fish outta water story, mixed in with “I’ve been in the slammer 25 years, what’s an iPhone?” take on things but it’s not being beaten over your head. 

Anyway, I’m 4 episodes in and he’s put together a rag tag crew. It’s entertaining and I’m pretty hooked. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But he’s out there and he’s gotta earn. And he does. It’s kind of a fish outta water story, mixed in with “I’ve been in the slammer 25 years, what’s an iPhone?” take on things but it’s not being beaten over your head.

Does he know about the three shells, at least?

• Haha 1

Surviving La Luz del Mundo on HBO.  It’s a three part documentary on a weirdo mega church (cult) out of Mexico that’s grown into the US and Canada, and the unbelievable abuse they got into (and presumably continue).  It gets worse and worse as it goes on.  It’s mostly in English because much of it takes place in the US.  

It really made me question why we’re so conditioned to play by the rules, while the rich tear people apart and then use the legal $ystem to get away with it, or get off easy, time and time again.  If you watch it, just ask yourself if the more rational response to what you see would be to set the church leaders on fire, or to play along, wait patiently, and beg those in power to take action.  That question might sound insane to you, but after watching the documentary it won’t sound nearly as crazy.

absolutely infuriating documentary.  Highly recommended.

I am two episodes into The Peripheral, and I am really enjoying it.  The plot is well done, and the acting has been quite good, especially for a Sci-fi show that has to be mostly shot with a blue screen.  The show seems like the next evolution of tv. sci-fi.  Think the Expanse meets the Matrix.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 6:02 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Tulsa King. 

Stallone (shut up, TTB) is a mafia capo that just got finished serving 25 years in the state penitentiary. Didn’t snitch. After being released he gets together with his crew and they unceremoniously banish him to Tulsa where nothings going on. They try to spin it as opening up a new territory but he sees it for what it is, which is Siberia. 

Anyway, I’m 4 episodes in and he’s put together a rag tag crew. It’s entertaining and I’m pretty hooked. 

This has been a great show, Stallone is crushing it imo.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

White Lotus Season 2 was pretty crazy. 

Thoughts, if anyone has watched it and gives a ****:

Spoiler

First, if you had asked me in 2000 if any of the people that appeared in American Pie would still be working in 2022, I never would have bet on Stifler's mom.

As annoying and obnoxious as I found her character to be, I was rooting for her and when she fell off the boat and biffed on the rail on the way down, me and the wife were both like "Oh nooooooo!" especially after she'd got the gumption to steal the gun and ice all of those guys on the way out.  She was the one storyline I really wanted everything to work out for in the end.  

Felt bad for Albie but I saw that coming a mile away, but I think a lot of people have been young and fallen for someone they shouldn't have.  Was happy when he met up with Portia in the end at the airport.

Wanted to see Daphne stop lying to herself and ditch Cameron, but she is who she was which is weak and more concerned about keeping up appearances rather than doing the hard thing which would be to leave him.  And maybe that rubbed off on Harper and Ethan.  Or maybe not, I felt like their ending left a lot of open ends.  

Also felt that the storyline with the hotel manager was a little forced and unnecessary.  

I still think I liked the first season better but it was still really good.  

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Thoughts, if anyone has watched it and gives a ****:

Hide contents

First, if you had asked me in 2000 if any of the people that appeared in American Pie would still be working in 2022, I never would have bet on Stifler's mom.

As annoying and obnoxious as I found her character to be, I was rooting for her and when she fell off the boat and biffed on the rail on the way down, me and the wife were both like "Oh nooooooo!" especially after she'd got the gumption to steal the gun and ice all of those guys on the way out.  She was the one storyline I really wanted everything to work out for in the end.  

Felt bad for Albie but I saw that coming a mile away, but I think a lot of people have been young and fallen for someone they shouldn't have.  Was happy when he met up with Portia in the end at the airport.

Wanted to see Daphne stop lying to herself and ditch Cameron, but she is who she was which is weak and more concerned about keeping up appearances rather than doing the hard thing which would be to leave him.  And maybe that rubbed off on Harper and Ethan.  Or maybe not, I felt like their ending left a lot of open ends.  

Also felt that the storyline with the hotel manager was a little forced and unnecessary.  

I still think I liked the first season better but it was still really good.  

I just listened to the soundtrack for season 2 on Spotify. I’ve never done that before for a TV show. What a fantastic collection of music!

The actress who played the prostitute… at first she was kinda meh. But the more I saw of her…  the more desirable she became. The character she portrayed is so perfect and adorable… hard not to melt for that. That Albie got to enjoy that for even just a few days…. 

5 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I just listened to the soundtrack for season 2 on Spotify. I’ve never done that before for a TV show. What a fantastic collection of music!

The actress who played the prostitute… at first she was kinda meh. But the more I saw of her…  the more desirable she became. The character she portrayed is so perfect and adorable… hard not to melt for that. That Albie got to enjoy that for even just a few days…. 

I thought she was a smokeshow to start.  But I felt that way about her her companion, the Robin to her Batman (the one that ended up playing piano).

I'll check out the soundtrack, didn't know they had one.

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I thought she was a smokeshow to start.  But I felt that way about her her companion, the Robin to her Batman (the one that ended up playing piano).

I'll check out the soundtrack, didn't know they had one.

Im Italian and I’ve been to Italy about 9 summers in my life. Females like the prostitute actress are a dime a dozen in Italy. Italy has so many beautiful women…. I told my wife after my last visit there, if we ever split and I’m off to Italy on the next flight. 😂 Over there, being Americano is like an English/Australian accent here. 😂

And I had no idea that everyone in Sicily is gay. 😂

Edited by Die Hard
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

Im Italian and I’ve been to Italy about 9 summers in my life. Females like the prostitute actress are a dime a dozen in Italy. Italy has so many beautiful women…. I told my wife after my last visit there, if we ever split and I’m off to Italy on the next flight. 😂 Over there, being Americano is like an English/Australian accent here. 😂

And I had no idea that everyone in Sicily is gay. 😂

What am I doing hanging around in America like a sucker when I could go abroad and be the exotic foreigner?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2