Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I really enjoyed the first season of Limitless.

Too bad it got cancelled after the first season. :(

Yeah I just read that.  Kinda bummed me out as I'm on episode 17.  I did read that it could get picked back up for a season 2 by CBS or Netflix.

Edit:  Was about to edit my post to say it is only one season lol.  Don't think we need spoilers for it being cancelled.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

I blitzed through the Netflix series "Last Chance U" over the past three days.  Really enjoyed it.

It chronicles the 2015 season of Juco east Mississippi football team...basically the main reasons that guys play there are because they burned out at a big program or couldn't get the grades to attend one in a first place.  LeGarrette Blount went there.

They're the dominant Juco football team in the country I think they won the national championship there the year previously.  It focuses on a few of the key players, most notably John Franklin III who was at FSU and went there to prove that he could play and catch on with another DI school.  

You know that big ass brawl that occurred last October?  That was this school.  The last two episodes deal with all the circumstances surrounding it before and after.  It's fascinating.  

It's heartbreaking and heartwarming.  Frustrating and funny.  Can't recommend it enough, it's shot beautifully.

I'm about halfway through it. NEVER seen a ref get ejected before. Somewhere Kyle Shannahan was smiling. ;)
  • Like 1

I didn't want to ruin the fun if you hadn't finished the season, Taze. 

I don't see CBS or anyone else picking it up though. Did you watch Lucifer? That one did get renewed and it's a lot of fun too. 

Gotcha, appreciate that TEG.  I tend to look up when the next season starts if its a show I'm watching on Netflix so I can get the DVR ready.  I did watch Lucifer, I loved it.  Glad it got renewed.  

As far as Limitless, the only news I saw was Netflix could possibly pick it up for a season 2.  Kind of like they did for Longmire, The Killing and Arrested Development.  Nothing official, but read it was a possibility.

I blitzed through the Netflix series "Last Chance U" over the past three days.  Really enjoyed it.

It chronicles the 2015 season of Juco east Mississippi football team...basically the main reasons that guys play there are because they burned out at a big program or couldn't get the grades to attend one in a first place.  LeGarrette Blount went there.

They're the dominant Juco football team in the country I think they won the national championship there the year previously.  It focuses on a few of the key players, most notably John Franklin III who was at FSU and went there to prove that he could play and catch on with another DI school.  

You know that big ass brawl that occurred last October?  That was this school.  The last two episodes deal with all the circumstances surrounding it before and after.  It's fascinating.  

It's heartbreaking and heartwarming.  Frustrating and funny.  Can't recommend it enough, it's shot beautifully.  

Great recommendation spiff!  Just finished the first episode and love it.  Being an FSU football fan, it's cool to see Franklin out there balling out.

Great recommendation spiff!  Just finished the first episode and love it.  Being an FSU football fan, it's cool to see Franklin out there balling out.

Finished it earlier this evening. Those last two shows... It hits the fan.

• Like 1

Finished it earlier this evening. Those last two shows... It hits the fan.

Yeah, it really does....

How do you think the coach handled everything? I think he handled it about as well as he could have given the circumstances. I'm not sure he was aware what was going on when DJ Law was getting stomped on, just that a fight had started and wanted to keep his guys on the bench to keep it from escalating. I can't blame the players for wanting to go defend him, he could seriously have been killed. Basically, I didn't really fault anyone for their actions during that brawl. I think they should have gotten into the playoffs. What say you?

Yeah, it really does....

How do you think the coach handled everything? I think he handled it about as well as he could have given the circumstances. I'm not sure he was aware what was going on when DJ Law was getting stomped on, just that a fight had started and wanted to keep his guys on the bench to keep it from escalating. I can't blame the players for wanting to go defend him, he could seriously have been killed. Basically, I didn't really fault anyone for their actions during that brawl. I think they should have gotten into the playoffs. What say you?

I can't disagree with any of that. Especially since Coach owned up to it aft seeing the film.

Team,

I HIGHLY recommend checking out Animal Kingdom (Tuesday night; TNT).  The show hits the old SOA and Dexter feel pretty well.

We started watching it because one of my wife's family members is part of the show's crew (same crew that did Shameless BTW)...  So I went from "OK honey, I'll appease you by watching this" to "Holy cow! this show is AWESOME!"

Good bits of TnA, great writing, and great plot.  Give it a shot!

Here's the IMDB link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5574490/

• Like 2