Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

If you are not watching Mr. Robot..I guarantee you are missing the best show of the Summer and maybe the calendar year. 

Only 3 episodes left (7 down so far) this season.

Seriously, watch the show.

I saw episode two...I thought it was all right, but nothing really special.  I don't really care for the drug stuff.  Is the rest better?

I saw episode two...I thought it was all right, but nothing really special.  I don't really care for the drug stuff.  Is the rest better?

You should really stop reading books starting from Chapter 2. 

:)

But yes, I'd recommend this show to almost anyone who likes layered drama, good writing, and really good acting.

Just saw the first episode of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell.  (or should I say, 'Mr.  Norelllll').  Pretty damn good.  Haven't seen the rest yet, but I liked the mix of magic, 19th century England, creepiness, and humor.  The street magician and Norell's manservant are pretty cool.

First episode is free on Amazon instant video.

Edited by visionary

Some people here convinced me to check out Mr Robot. I never usually watch USA network but I saw some promos for the show elsewhere and thought that it looks like it might be something.

Some people here deserve to read the words THANK YOU.

velocet

• Like 3

if you're not rocking with Showtime's "Penny Dreadful," you need to get on board.  Season 2 just finished up a while ago.  Eva Green (who gets naked almost every episode), Sir Timothy Dalton (James Bond himself), and Josh Harnett.

Takes place in late 1800s London.  Werewolves, vampires, witches, and a young Dr. Frankenstein....all clashing in the dark alley ways of London's underground.  Imagine HBO's True Blood, but without all the cornball ass drama.  Nothing but straight action, graphic violence, graphic sexual content, and quick plot development.  Very fun watch.  You're missing out if you aren't already on board with this one.  Season 2 is getting a 100% critic approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.  http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/penny-dreadful/s02/

1000323_1_0_prm-gallery_1024x640.jpg

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

I've already watched the pilot for CBS's Supergirl - definitely one of the fall shows I will be watching.

Just watched the pilot for Fox's Lucifer.  I liked it and will like to see where it goes. Already getting protests since the show is about the DEVIL. This is a midseason show. Based on a comicbook.

NBC's Blindspot pilot was pretty good. Enough to keep me interested. It stars Thor's Jaimie Alexander.

Fox's Minority Report was okay.  I'm not sure that show will last long.

Supergirl seems the best bet to make it to a Season 2.   Probably about 5-6 weeks until new TV season starts.

Edited by Rdskns2000

if you're not rocking with Showtime's "Penny Dreadful," you need to get on board.  Season 2 just finished up a while ago.  Eva Green (who gets naked almost every episode), Sir Timothy Dalton (James Bond himself), and Josh Harnett.

G8LHboO.jpg

Also, I'm not sure it counts, but there's a food network show called Cutthroat Kitchen that's hosted by Alton Brown that's pretty fun.  It's a cooking competition show, think "Chopped" but there are wacky sabotages, like someone has to make a grilled cheese sandwich, but they have to use a blow torch as their only source of heat, or maybe all their nice loaves of bread for a sandwich are replaced with breadcrumbs.

• Like 3

I recommend  Falling Skies.

The TNT show, has it series finale in 2 weeks.

5 Seasons of mostly 10 episode seasons; though I think one season was longer and one season was shorter.

I used to watch it, but gave up on it after last season.  The characters are so annoying.

Edited by visionary

So far that new show on A&E about rookie CO's just starting out their careers is--again, so far--the best, most realistic and informative show on prison life. I think it's called "Behind Bars".

Ťhe only thing missing is and will always be the sadistic, sociopathic veteran CO's with the Personalities and emotional and mental makeups that made the SS and death camps possible. They're few and far between but their existence almost overrides everything and everyone else and sets the tone of life. They'd never agree to do the show if that would be shown.

That said, they do show the douche rookie CO's and the inmates telling them to kick rocks, eat ****, **** off and that just because they have a badge on it doesn't mean they can talk and treat people however they want. They're still fresh enough that they aren't confident enough to be the psychopaths some of the vets are. You can see who has it in them.

And I hope people take something away from them hiring that tiny little girl and letting her run an entire unit (140 prisoners vs her).

I think it's called Behind Bars: Rookie something's. Really recommend it.

(Really outside of sports and random movies I record from the movie channels, I'm not sure I watch anything not on A&E, the Military Channel (or w/e the hell it's officially called now. Changed their name like four times now. My only complaint with them is that they spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on WWII. Would love to see some self-produced stuff on other wars. Like the war for the control of Russia after the Communist takeover. Even more unknown,random things. Would love to see some stuff on the Crusades. The invasion of Czecloslovokia and crushing Czech Spring. Anything on tbe Cold War. So on and so forth. Would be so much better than WWII in Color, the Pacific War in Color, Hitler's Rise, Hitler's Colonoscopy...in Color!! And it's funny, all the **** they show about WWII, I'm not sure I've ever heard Tojo's name. So much waisted potential) and Lifetime Channel (they got some weird ****).

Go to's...

The First 48 (easily the greatest reality show ever created)

Intervention (I finally could bring myself to watch it just about 6 months ago. It's excellent. Do wonder about their methods though--see the last thread i started in here)

Hoarders and Hoarders: Buried Alive - not sure there has ever been shows with a better look at mental health. I mean it's gross and the animal ones are sickening but I really do think you learn about mental health diseases. It's pretty fascinating.

Engineering am Empire - comes on the second History Channel, H2. Hosted by Robocop (seriously, he's some type of history expert (wanna say early-Rennisance Italy is his go to) out of the Uni of Syracuse.) It's a fascinating show. Basically what I want out of the Military Channel, minus the focus on war. If you're a big time history nerd like me, I don't think there's a better show on TV.

Killer Kids - one of my Lifetime Channel shows. 253 on DirecTV. As far as the show...**** man. Just ****.

History Detectives - on PBS. 26 on DirecTV. These experts get called out to normal folks who have some fascinating random historical item that they found in their great-grandmother's attic when they were clearing it out (for example). They don't know anything about it and want to know more. An example would be like some WWI diary with no name on it. So these experts travel around the country talking to people to put the story behind the item. Cool little time killer.

Some other new shows I'm getting into:

What History Forgot - the WWII Channel (287 on DirecTV)

Bullet Points - WWII Channel. Now this is what I want from them. Reminds me of Engineering an Empire but on wars. Finally got something about Korea.

Evolution of Evil - WWII Channel. Nice little one-hour biographical breakdowns of some of the evil men of the 20th Century. So far, in order: Qaddafi, Hitler, Stalin, Tojo (looks like I had a brain fart), Mao last week, I think Saddam is this week and Mussolini after that. Not sure then. But yeah, good show.

Triggers: Weapons That Changed the World - maybe I should chill on my ****ing of the WWII Channel (287) because I sure as hell watch a lot of their shows. Actually watched this earlier today. The history of the RPG. I mean how cool is that?

American Titans - yup....287. New show. About rich people, how they got there and their top rivalries. First two episodes: "Carnegie vs Frick" and "Rockefeller vs Scott". Interesting. Topics I know absolutely nothing about.

Monster in My Family - basically a close family member of a serial killer meets a close family member of one of his victims. Watched it today. John Wayne Gacy's sister and niece met the sister of one of his victims. It's not just them talking to each other. First 50 minutes are the story of the serial killer (Gacy? **** man. Can you imagine how it was before fingerprints, let alone DNA. Imagine Gacy in the year 1500? Horrifying.) and then the last ten minutes are are the meeting and discussion. Hosted by the daughter of some serial killer in Oregon or something. Of course in the 80's. It's amazing how much DNA testing has changed the world.

And then I like random miniseries on PBS. think the last one was a three-part series called The Abolitionists about the history of the slavery abolition movement in the US from the early 19th Century up to the Civil War. I'm not sure, maybe someone here knows, but I think all the miniseries fall under the "American Experience" subtitle. Like "The Abolitionists: American Experience"

OK so my insomnia, out of Xanax for the next two days (refill), post has ended. Hopefully someone gets something out of it.

Penny Dreadful is absolutely amazing!

ain't it?!  Season 2 was even better than season 1.   Hop on board with us, DogofWar.  

Timothy Dalton and his cool African dude sidekick are my favorites.  Eva Green is great and Josh Harnett is...Josh Harnett.  Harry Treadway as Frankenstein is really strong as well.

Like i said before, Think  HBO's "True Blood" without all the corny drama and romance.  The violence is graphic, the sexual content and nudity pushes TV-MA limits, and the story moves along quickly.  

Watched the first episode of Grace & Frankie on Netflix.  First episode was excellent.

Will hopefully get a chance to watch the rest soon, but I'm watching it with my gf, and I only see her on weekends, so it might be a while.  Still, initial showing was very strong.

Gonna look up Penny Dreadful tomorrow.  Last couple days have been busy busy.