Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNET.com: Man allegedly follows GPS directions to wrong house; shot dead

Fergasun

CNET.com: Man allegedly follows GPS directions to wrong house; shot dead
According to friends of Rodrigo Diaz, they were all going ice skating. Diaz was driving the car, and they were going to pick up one more skater. They pulled into a driveway, which their GPS -- at least, according to one of the friends -- told them was their destination. Then, as WSB-TV Atlanta explains, this tale took a troubling turn. According to Yeson Jimenez, 15, one of the passengers, Diaz pulled into a driveway; then 69-year-old Phillip Sailors peered out of a window of the house. He allegedly came out, went back inside, then emerged again, firing a gun into the air. Jimenez says Sailors said nothing to them but "Shut up!" Jimenez insists they tried to drive away and that as they did, Sailors fired his .22 gun and shot Diaz fatally in the head. Sailors has been charged with murder with malice. Lilburn, Ga., Police Chief Bruce Hedley told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: "At this point we have established probable cause to charge Mr. Sailors."
This wouldn't have happened if the kids in the car had their own guns...

seems rather fishy

I agree.

Although, from the AJC article,

According to Puglise, Sailors grabbed his gun as he headed outside, firing a warning shot into the air. He said he fired at Diaz only after Diaz accelerated his car toward him.

“He thought he was going to get run down,” the lawyer said.

But the police report indicates that the vehicle was leaving Sailors’ property when Diaz was shot. Lilburn police said they found his red Mitsubishi at the end of the driveway. Diaz was slumped over the steering wheel, blood covering his face and, the incident report states, struggling to breathe.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/man-69-accused-of-killing-man-who-went-to-wrong-ho/nT8xp/

seems rather fishy
I think the shooter might have been confused about what was happening, but the evidence doesn't look good for him. It sounds like his main line of defense will be that the kids were trying to run over him, but he's probably going to have two witnesses testifying against him and physical evidence that doesn't support his story.

seems rather fishy

Hey, maybe this can be Trayvon Martin part two, where all the liberals automatically assume that an innocent minority was murdered by a racist for no good reason and the redneck cops covered it all up

and all the conservatives assume that a brave homeowner heroically defended himself from certain death at the hands of a criminal thug hopped up on purple drank and is now being scapegoated to appease Al Sharpton....

and then we can all yell at each other for 50 pages :cheers:

or maybe the guy was just bat**** crazy??

Yeah, but the bat**** crazy is often fueled by the fearmongering sources of information that some people rely upon. If you get your news from Drudge, for example, you are sure that the entire country is buried under an avalance of black on white crime (especially "flash mobs") and that Eric Holder is deliberately enabling it and that the mainstream media is refusing to report about it, and that you need to have 50 loaded guns in every room of your house or some feral urban thugs are going to bust down your door and murder your whole family any second.

Seriously.

---------- Post added February-1st-2013 at 12:11 PM ----------

No we don't. We don't play violins or participate in Mathletics either but, we do swim. However, I'm sure you already know this.

Really?

LOL. Well played.

I'm about as liberal tree-hugger as they come, but I love me some guns, and I own several.

But if a group of people a different color than me pulls up in my driveway, my first thought won't be to go grab the pistol-grip and pump somebody's head off...

I think the shooter might have been confused about what was happening, but the evidence doesn't look good for him. It sounds like his main line of defense will be that the kids were trying to run over him, but he's probably going to have two witnesses testifying against him and physical evidence that doesn't support his story.

Why just the shooter confused?

The neighbors reported shouting,the shooter reported two people by his car and everyone seems to agree he came out...went back inside for a gun then came out and fired a warning shot first

I'll await facts,but it seems to be missing a lot (perhaps common sense on all parts)

This is by far the best thread of the week. haha. Wow.

If the old **** had any sense he wouldn't have left witnesses. Geez.

I feel like gun owners and drivers should have required tests for a small fee...say 10 bucks every 5 years (or about). You just never know.

I know for a fact my wifes grandfather should not have a drivers license...yet they gave him one without an eye test...this was before he got laser surgery to get them fixed. Not to mention he has no concept of response time. :doh: In the meantime her grandmother drives like a bat out of hell. haha.

Archived