Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is RGIII? (merged)

Crazed Bengal

I kind of expect it to be an ACL with the way it looked...maybe we'll see him mid October if thats the way it goes...I'm confident in the QB situation moving forward...w/e the case...he just needs to be 100% this next season. None of this 50-70% nonsense anymore.

Agree, whatever the injury is I hope that we let Cousins hold down the fort until Griffin is as healthy as he will be. Even if, worst case, Cousins has to play most or all of next season I would trade that off for a 24 year old Griffin coming back fully healthy and hungry in 2013. We have all the time in the world to contend now and we have established ourselves as winners now.

i can't believe RG3 thought his knee was healthy enough for no brace this week. he went down twice with no contact while wearing that bulky brace. at the same time, this injury should have healed in 4 weeks so who knows what really is going on

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 10:29 PM ----------

i thought his MRI was tomrrow?

The knee should have healed in 4 weeks but he started playing on it after 1 week so how could it possibly heel correctly . The win streak was great but I am afraid we lost in the end because our guy never got a chance too heal.

I pray its not an ACL. He could miss the start of the season if so. Everything I've heard says MRI tonight so I'll be tuned to Twitter to see if any news leaks. Side note, did anyone feel like crying when he was laying on the ground? It was one of the worst feelings ever. He brought this franchise back to life and it just hurt to see him laying there like that :( Man I hope he gets back to 100% next year

Ch 4 in DC reporting MRI will be Monday.

Makes sense. No use being in a rush about it with season over.

I don't think it was the ACL. Looked more like reinjuring the LCL or MCL. ACL injuries occur more when planted and twisting the knee. But I didn't go to school for that soooooo lol.......I am a lungs guy, if he had problems breathing I could lend my expert advise lol

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 11:21 PM ----------

Did read somewhere that he is walking with no limp at all and climbing the podium stairs like nothing happened. Maybe just aggravated the knee

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 11:24 PM ----------

Did read somewhere that he is walking with no limp at all and climbing the podium stairs like nothing happened. Maybe just aggravated the knee

I pray its not an ACL. He could miss the start of the season if so. Everything I've heard says MRI tonight so I'll be tuned to Twitter to see if any news leaks. Side note, did anyone feel like crying when he was laying on the ground? It was one of the worst feelings ever. He brought this franchise back to life and it just hurt to see him laying there like that :( Man I hope he gets back to 100% next year

Dude I wasn't even looking at who recovered the fumble. My eyes were fixated on Griffin. I knew the game was over no matter who had that ball.

For whoever finds out first tonight, please keep us posted.

On the other hand, i can't even trust any report from the skins these days. They said his original injury was grade 1, which was obviously a lie just like almost every other injury assessment that comes out of redskins park.

I really hate to reply on this because I wish it never happened. I've worked in orthopedics for almost six years, specifically bracing. The knee brace Griff was wearing is simply for medial/ lateral support (DonJoy Playmaker). Those things are no where near foolproof. Even if he had been wearing the top of the line ACL/PCL brace, he's still susceptible. Unfortunately, there is no knee brace on the market that will fully prevent a knee from sprains, especially when you go in with a weak or damaged LCL. He will need time for the knee regardless, I just pray that ACL is still intact and sound.

Strictly hypothetical (and wishful thinking), the mechanism of injury tonight looked to be an MCL sprain. LCL and MCL are just the opposite of each other. If the knee folds and bends inward, that is typically and MCL. Not an easy injury, but if it was sprained, his side to side movement will be affected. If it's an ACL, it's a much more extensive rehab, and his ability to regulate straight speed/ burst will be affected.

I really hate to reply on this because I wish it never happened. I've worked in orthopedics for almost six years, specifically bracing. The knee brace Griff was wearing is simply for medial/ lateral support (DonJoy Playmaker). Those things are no where near foolproof. Even if he had been wearing the top of the line ACL/PCL brace, he's still susceptible. Unfortunately, there is no knee brace on the market that will fully prevent a knee from sprains, especially when you go in with a weak or damaged LCL. He will need time for the knee regardless, I just pray that ACL is still intact and sound.

Strictly hypothetical (and wishful thinking), the mechanism of injury tonight looked to be an MCL sprain. LCL and MCL are just the opposite of each other. If the knee folds and bends inward, that is typically and MCL. Not an easy injury, but if it was sprained, his side to side movement will be affected. If it's an ACL, it's a much more extensive rehab, and his ability to regulate straight speed/ burst will be affected.

I was texting with a friend who is a doctor all game and he told me he didn't think it was an ACL based on the fall and Griff's walk after the game.

I have no medical background but IMO the knee doesn't seem like something you can easily brace, especially if you're trying to make a lot of cuts. He should've sat after that 1st quarter play. It was obvious to me that he was having trouble planting when throwing and definitely couldn't run.

How was it "obviously a lie"?

They said Grade 1 of LCL should take between 2-4 weeks. Taking into account he's 22 (young), the treatment methods available today, etc, it was pretty clear that 2 weeks after the injury he was not even 75% of what he was before the injury. Sure, playing on it isn't going to help the healing time, but it's been a month since the injury and every week the guy has been gimping around the field.

Also, not to mention that every press conference Shanahan has said that Robert is 'close to 100%' - have you been buying that one, too?

They said Grade 1 of LCL should take between 2-4 weeks. Taking into account he's 22 (young), the treatment methods available today, etc, it was pretty clear that 2 weeks after the injury he was not even 75% of what he was before the injury. Sure, playing on it isn't going to help the healing time, but it's been a month since the injury and every week the guy has been gimping around the field.

Also, not to mention that every press conference Shanahan has said that Robert is 'close to 100%' - have you been buying that one, too?

There is no football team that is honest about the injury situation of their players during the season.

It isn't like they are personally lying to you to insult you or make you feel bad. It is about trying to gain or not lose a competitive advantage over the other teams.

If I wasn't so angry and disgusted at a lot of you in this thread, I would LOL at all of the armchair MD'ing on here tonight! If you made this thread an overlay to the post-game injury thread after the Baltimore game, it would be exactly the same.

Because every time he plays and practices on it that makes it worse and sets back his recovery. We will never know the truth so I think it's silly to be going on about it at this point.

There is no football team that is honest about the injury situation of their players during the season.

It isn't like they are personally lying to you to insult you or make you feel bad. It is about trying to gain or not lose a competitive advantage over the other teams.

"his knee is very sore...in fact, hitting him right below the knee cap would result in further injury."

Archived