Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is RGIII? (merged)

Crazed Bengal

Thanks Rojo. I am sure you and the majority of Seahawk fans enjoy the game with class. Each fanbase have some asshats that can always lead to some negative exposure.

Hoping we get a shot at some payback next year, in the meantime, enjoy watching your team forever long they continue.

Guys if you could answer this it would be appreciated, what hit lead to RG3 being really injured in this game? Was it the cheap shop from Irvin?
I think it was around the start of the second quarter when he ran the ball to the outside on the right and got rolled on by a few Seahawk defenders.

He hurt his knee on the play before the 2nd TD pass, which was the play with the cheap shot. He was bootlegging to his right and planted on the knee on a jump throw while falling backwards, no contact from a defender. The knee simply was not healthy enough for that, from that play on he was significantly gimpier than at the start of the game.

He hurt his knee on the play before the 2nd TD pass, which was the play with the cheap shot. He was bootlegging to his right and planted on the knee on a jump throw while falling backwards, no contact from a defender. The knee simply was not healthy enough for that, from that play on he was significantly gimpier than at the start of the game.

i can't believe RG3 thought his knee was healthy enough for no brace this week. he went down twice with no contact while wearing that bulky brace. at the same time, this injury should have healed in 4 weeks so who knows what really is going on

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 10:29 PM ----------

they just took him to get an MRI, hopefully news will be out in a couple of hours or so.

i thought his MRI was tomrrow?

Playoffs or not, RGIII had no business being out there. It was obvious he was hurting. Playing Cousins from the start would have given us a better chance to win. Shanny should be ashamed of himself.

I agree that he certainly should've been pulled after the re-injury, or at least coming out after halftime but I think people are over doing it with killing Shany for this. He made a gut decision and got it wrong, it happens. Certainly he bears blame because ultimately he's the one responsibly for evaluating RG's claims of being good to go but he would get killed if he forced RG out and we lost so it's kind of a can't win situation.

i can't believe RG3 thought his knee was healthy enough for no brace this week. he went down twice with no contact while wearing that bulky brace. at the same time, this injury should have healed in 4 weeks so who knows what really is going on?

That's why I've made the comment that I wouldn't be surprised to hear about an investigation. Dr. Andrews said he was worried for RG3; this was supposed to be a 4-week injury; and yet a month later, he looks nowhere near even 75%; all this in spite of reports from the team that team doctors said he's been 100% healed since before the Dallas game. Not that it really matters now, but something stinks about all this.....

That's why I've made the comment that I wouldn't be surprised to hear about an investigation. Dr. Andrews said he was worried for RG3; this was supposed to be a 4-week injury; and yet a month later, he looks nowhere near even 75%; all this in spite of reports from the team that team doctors said he's been 100% healed since before the Dallas game. Not that it really matters now, but something stinks about all this.....

agreed. none of this is making sense right now and its all concerning

I'm sure you are a great fan, but considering Seahawk fans taunted a dead Sean Talyor in 2007, a lot of us here really don't want to hear it.

I know man... I know. I did hear some of that, do not and will always struggle to know why some people do that. Don't get it twisted, I will talk some smack but at the end I'm always good for a ****tail... Especially after a win! Just do me a favor (as I work alot in Norfolk and have friends in Manassas Va) you see a Ginger in Hawks gear... Don't take a swing right off. #much_respect

Years ago this isn't a topic of conversation, it's a sport that calls for gutting it out and heroism and the conversation changes based on who's being talked about. Cutler doesn't play through a knee injury in a playoff game and he gets murdered for it. Because of what we gave up to get him and, imo, the paranoia of Redskins' fans expecting anything that looks good to somehow turnout to be a mirage, the conversation in his case is different. There's all kinds of history of players doing things like this through the years, it's part of the game. McNabb playing through a broken ankle, Rivers playing on a torn ACL, Leftwich being carried down the field by his linemen....it's a tough guy sport so from that standpoint, I think some of this is overreaction.

agreed. none of this is making sense right now and its all concerning

I agree, this was supposed to be a 3 week injury and he was running well pregame at Cleveland with no brace and no limp at all one week after the injury but has looked worse and worse since. People are saying that its the brace but his face is in pain when running, that isn't the brace. He should be fine by this point.

I wouldn't put it past our doctors to have misdiagnosed it as a grade 1. They clearly were wrong when they said he couldn't make it worse by playing on it because it has gotten worse every week.

I know man... I know. I did hear some of that, do not and will always struggle to know why some people do that. Don't get it twisted, I will talk some smack but at the end I'm always good for a ****tail... Especially after a win! Just do me a favor (as I work alot in Norfolk and have friends in Manassas Va) you see a Ginger in Hawks gear... Don't take a swing right off. #much_respect

Never fear, I'm not that guy. Just that that incident was the reason more than anything else I wanted to win today. And I live in Missouri, so as long as you don't come by Ft. Leonard Wood, you are safe. ';)

I agree, this was supposed to be a 3 week injury and he was running well pregame at Cleveland with no brace and no limp at all one week after the injury but has looked worse and worse since. People are saying that its the brace but his face is in pain when running, that isn't the brace. He should be fine by this point.

I wouldn't put it past our doctors to have misdiagnosed it as a grade 1. They clearly were wrong when they said he couldn't make it worse by playing on it because it has gotten worse every week.

Well, I'm sure it has gotten worse because he has been playing on it.

Never fear, I'm not that guy. Just that that incident was the reason more than anything else I wanted to win today. And I live in Missouri, so as long as you don't come by Ft. Leonard Wood, you are safe. ';)

LOL!! Went to basic there... Not in a hurry to return!!!

I pray its not an ACL. He could miss the start of the season if so. Everything I've heard says MRI tonight so I'll be tuned to Twitter to see if any news leaks. Side note, did anyone feel like crying when he was laying on the ground? It was one of the worst feelings ever. He brought this franchise back to life and it just hurt to see him laying there like that :( Man I hope he gets back to 100% next year

Archived