Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is the first time I have been disappointed in RGIII

mudhog

Disappointed in RG3? This had nothing to do with RG3. I don't think I have ever been this pissed off at Shanahan in my life. Is he seriously fit for the Head Coaching position or should we hire Kyle for Head Coach next season? Seriously, our defense played outstanding given the circumstances and we had so many chances on offense just to lose after going up 0-14. What a dud, flop, sham, whatever you wanna call it. So much for playing good football for 7 games in a row just to have it fall flat on It's face on the one game that REALLY matters. Thanks Mike!

First of all - thanks to the NFC East champs for a fun season. Big gain for the team. Doesn't matter Griffen or Shanny, both should have given Kirk the second half - give the ball to Alfred. Going away from the run was the Redskins downfall after the first quarter. Hope Griff recovers this off season - lifts some weights - and go skins next season.
First off, you should probably know how to spell our franchise QB's name, at this point. Secondly, they went away from the run because it wasn't gonna work like it did in the 1st, once the Seahawks saw RG3 wasn't gonna be a threat with his legs.

By the way, this is a pretty idiotic thread. We shouldn't be questioning Shanahan or our franchise QB at this point, we should be proud of the Redskins exceeding everyone's expecations and hope that RG3 can get healthy and make an even deeper run next season.

Jurgenson just asked him the question......he sounds very selfish....he says if you can play you can play....problem is he couldnt play.

Did you expect anything less? All elite athletes are selfish in that way because they think they are the best. Part of being a superstar is having that attitude. Do you think Manning, Brady, Rogers pull themselves out of that situation? Lets be serious here.

Disappointed? Really? Sorry, but I rather have players who will always lay it all on the line hurt or not. RG3 did more than what was expected of him, he played hurt and never gave up. It's Shanny's job to take him out. Who the hell wants a QB that'll bench himself!?!

alright maybe great players are selfish...thats how they get there...RGIII has been such a leader thus far maybe he is human...just looking at this isolated event....hopefully. I love the guy but I can still call him out...

Griffin just put his ego above the team...not cool.......

I would bet every thing I own that Bird, Magic, Tom Brady, Ed Reed, Barry sanders, jeter, pujols, Gretzky and sea biscuit would all disagree with you.

Yours is not a very smart statement.

It's difficult to tell a guy that has that much passion that he isn't capable of overcoming the odds. In many ways, Griffin is the heart and soul of our offense and Fletcher is the heart and soul of our defense and both lay everything on the line accordingly whether they're feeling 100% or not. It was heartbreaking to see the injury occur but I know that he will be back stronger next season and obtaining a Division Title during his rookie campaign will be something to build on.

It's difficult to tell a guy that has that much passion that he isn't capable of overcoming the odds. In many ways, Griffin is the heart and soul of our offense and Fletcher is the heart and soul of our defense and both lay everything on the line accordingly whether they're feeling 100% or not. It was heartbreaking to see the injury occur but I know that he will be back stronger next season and obtaining a Division Title during his rookie campaign will be something to build on.

good point

I would bet every thing I own that Bird, Magic, Tom Brady, Ed Reed, Barry sanders, jeter, pujols, Gretzky and sea biscuit would all disagree with you.

Yours is not a very smart statement.

When Bird was no longer effective due to a bad back, he hung it up.

Mike Shanahan lost his nerve today and the Redskins paid for it.

First off, you should probably know how to spell our franchise QB's name, at this point. Secondly, they went away from the run because it wasn't gonna work like it did in the 1st, once the Seahawks saw RG3 wasn't gonna be a threat with his legs.

By the way, this is a pretty idiotic thread. We shouldn't be questioning Shanahan or our franchise QB at this point, we should be proud of the Redskins exceeding everyone's expecations and hope that RG3 can get healthy and make an even deeper run next season.

I know right. I'm sad we lost but that sadness is dwarfed by the brightness ahead. This was a brilliant rookie campaign and third year for our coaching staff, people should lightened up if I were at FedEx I would have given a standing ovation at the end. I haven't felt this good about the redskins in a real long time.

Your joking right? I wish every player on our team had the heart of rg3. It's not his job to tell you he can't play or not he is a competitor and competitors will ALWAYS play even to their last breath. I'm sorry your wrong on every level op.

Also thank Kyle for abandoning the run after rg3 got hurt we ran it like 3 times after 1sr quarter with Morris. Just silly. Lotta good things to look forward to next year though.

Kirk with his fresh legs handing off the Alfred maybe should have been tried IMO. Griff needs to beef up after getting his knee right. Thanks to the team, coach and Danny for a great season.

Leaders and gamers don't take themselves out.

They do when they're not helping the team win anymore.

I just watched the RG3 press conference. What I heard was a guy who's heart was in the right place, but who's ego got the best of him. "I'm the best option for this team". Well, yes that is true Robert, but only when you're at least close to 100% and can push off your plant leg to make a good throw. Or be able to run the read option and be the true threat you were earlier in the season. After that play in the 2nd quarter when his knee buckled a bit and he went out of bounds and THREW his helmet off he should have been out of the game.

He's basically had everything go his way for the better part of the last 2 years. I absolutely love the guy, he has the heart of a Lion (Redskin actually),...but his ego got the best of him. You can tell Mike is enamored of the kid and trusted him,..but he has to separate himself in that situation and make the best decision for the team and Robert's future.

I know Robert felt a responsibility to the team as the Captain,...understandable. Mike need to make the decision and pull him out.

OK...if you have a wildly contagious sickness will you still go to work because you have a great work ethic? Even though you may get everyone else sick...they take it home and then get their kids sick. etc....at some point you have to think beyond just yourself...look I love RGIII...but he isnt beyond reproach

Yep, sure do. But then again, I work construction, not at a daycare center. There's a whole lot worse things out there than a cold. But regardless, the answer is yes. Because I won't be the one to let anyone down. If I go home, it will be because one of my superiors says I need to, and I'll argue it until they force me to. Because, you know what? It sounds great to everyone that I should stay home and not get anyone sick. But what does everyone say when that job that only I knew about gets forgotten that day? All of a sudden, it's my fault.

RG3 knows that too.

I personally love his attitude. He has the mindset that basically you're gonna have to drag him off the field in order to take him out. He's a young, stud rookie and hell of a competitor. I want to see that from my QB and team captain. I'm not disappointed because I know he will learn. He's young and smart and he will be much better after this experience.

Some of you act like taking Griffin out was the best option for our franchise. It wasnt!!! He is our franchise QB and u do not take him out unless he is injured. I repeat you do not take your franchise QB out of a playoff game!! He learns and we grow with him! Some of you act like we have had the luxery of winning for years and our franchise can win with anyone! Our team was exposed tonight against a playoff caliber defense. We abandoned the run and our defense wasn't talented enough to win the game for us. Cousins would not have won this game for us!! So stop crying!! Support your franchise QB!! The same man that got us here! Like he told Mike.. He deserved to be in the game win or lose!!

When Bird was no longer effective due to a bad back, he hung it up.

Mike Shanahan lost his nerve today and the Redskins paid for it.

This is laughable. Bird played with a bad back for years. I was a huge Magic and Bird fan as a kid. Go watch the Bird vs. Magic documentary on Netflix. Bird fought through back pain for almost a decade if my memory serves me correct.

NO, and I mean NO, true competitor would ever pull themselves out of a game unless they knew they couldn't get it done. He truly believed he could compete, period.

This game was NOT Robert's fault. He didn't play well, but all this heat he's getting is completely undeserved. Frankly, I don't believe for one minute Cousins would have done any better. Not enough data to prove otherwise.

Yep, sure do. But then again, I work construction, not at a daycare center. There's a whole lot worse things out there than a cold. But regardless, the answer is yes. Because I won't be the one to let anyone down. If I go home, it will be because one of my superiors says I need to, and I'll argue it until they force me to. Because, you know what? It sounds great to everyone that I should stay home and not get anyone sick. But what does everyone say when that job that only I knew about gets forgotten that day? All of a sudden, it's my fault.

RG3 knows that too.

lucky for RGIII he has Cousins as a back up....you sould tell your boss if you have a super contagious disease or sickness that is the case....in a hypthetical situation...

They do when they're not helping the team win anymore.

I just watched the RG3 press conference. What I heard was a guy who's heart was in the right place, but who's ego got the best of him. "I'm the best option for this team". Well, yes that is true Robert, but only when you're at least close to 100% and can push off your plant leg to make a good throw. Or be able to run the read option and be the true threat you were earlier in the season. After that play in the 2nd quarter when his knee buckled a bit and he went out of bounds and THREW his helmet off he should have been out of the game.

He's basically had everything go his way for the better part of the last 2 years. I absolutely love the guy, he has the heart of a Lion (Redskin actually),...but his ego got the best of him. You can tell Mike is enamored of the kid and trusted him,..but he has to separate himself in that situation and make the best decision for the team and Robert's future.

I gotta say anyone that thinks this I would guess have never played a high level sport. Football players, specifically QBs play hurt all the time and would NEVER take themselves out of a game of this magnitude until they knew they couldn't play anymore. All of the player analysts are saying the same thing. Cutler came out that one postseason and got roasted as a coward. Robert is the best option for this team, he also had a huge part in getting us to a position to win a playoff game. This is what these guys work for the entire season. There is absolutely NO way to expect Robert to react any differently. It's up to the coaching staff to pull the plug and if I'm Shanahan and I ask my star player if he is ok to go and he says yes.... Again he has earned the right how do you take that away from him? What happened happened, no reason to blame anyone. We got beat, but I have a feeling we will be seeing Seattle in the post season a lot in the coming years. Also, I guarantee not one redskin player would call Robert selfish for wanting to play. We will see.

Archived