Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is the first time I have been disappointed in RGIII

mudhog

Totally wrong dude. it takes a leader to know if there is someone that might do a better job.

This! My point exactly.

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 08:02 PM ----------

I don't want my franchise QB thinking he's not the best chance for his team to win the game.

And if he pulls himself out at halftime and Cousins ****s the bed in the second half, he gets called soft and a coward.

Really??? Who, as a FAN, is ever gonna call RGIII soft??? Or a friggin coward???

RGIII is tough and doesn't quit. Awesome respect for that. Some of his rough looking passes should have been caught. He should have been pulled for his career & games sake. Last thing we want is to see a player having a career ending injury or be out for next season.

I don't want my franchise QB thinking he's not the best chance for his team to win the game.

And if he pulls himself out at halftime and Cousins ****s the bed in the second half, he gets called soft and a coward.

Amen. And to tell you the truth, I'm more worried about his knee getting back to 100% over the offseason than losing this game. Today proved how important a healthy RG3 is to this offense.

So the name on the back of the jersey is more important than the one on the front of it?

Wow.

Totally wrong dude. it takes a leader to know if there is someone that might do a better job.
The dude couldn't even hardly walk..no one calls an injured guy that can't even pick the ball up without his knee buckling soft.

Griffin just put his ego above the team...not cool.

That's like saying Theismann was soft because he didn't try to tape up a broken leg.......

lol No, Theismann's compound fracture with the bone protruding through the skin is enough to allow him to leave the game without criticism.

You guys are thinking as "DieselPwr44 & TheGreek" from the internet. Athletes at that level have made their bones by being tough and playing through pain and adversity. They will NEVER bench themselves. Who doesn't know that? Shanahan and company HAS to know that.

It's the same mentality that a pitcher in baseball has when the manager comes in to take him out of the game, "don't take me out, let me go 1 more batter."

The coach's job is to manage the team and that includes these types of situations.

Cutler says, "hello." Cutler was called every name in the book when he took himself out in.a playoff game.

In some alternate universe, Cousins throws three picks followed by ES being flooded with "WHY DIDN'T RG3 GO BACK OUT?!?!?!?!?" and "I THOUGHT HE WAS THE CAPTAIN" threads.

This. Tell me if a lot of us were wondering with his body language in that Browns game. Maybe that is what makes him a great QB, but he also needs to be a leader.

Questioning RGIII's leadership at this point is perhaps the most asinine thing on this board right now. Jesus.....

This thread is retarded.

You get to this point because of the guy, and all of the sudden all you armchair gm's want to pull him in hindsight... with a 14-13 lead at the half.

RG3 is the reason the skins were in the playoffs, and you people want to stab him in the back and pull him?? get a clue people..

Marty, That is not what I am saying. I am not in a vacume here. If RGIII doesn't make this call, he keeps people blind to the ineffectiveness of his situation. We had options if he is honest with himself and his coaches.

We saw early in the thire quarter that RGIII wasn't getting it done. I don't want to get into the bricks with this, but it was on RGIII to take himself out at that point. He couldn't move, he couldn't set and throw and he just left too much on his shoulders that didn't have to be there had he given the green light to Cousins, to come in and compete.

Not being a hater and I don't think I will come across that way. Just stating what everyone in the room THOUGHT a winner like RGIII would do. We thought he would not let ego take over a decision that was so obvious. Please let me know how you feel.

I agree but that is why you have coaches. I mean I was sitting with a Sports Trainer who thought Shanny was out of his mind keeping RG3 in and predicts when he saw his condition in the 4th quarter that he may be looking at some real rehab minimum. Wow he is a Rookie with a potential brilliant career - I get the need to "win now" but at what cost? Real lack of coaching logic there. Pitiful. Plus Cousins demonstrated reliability and contributed to us winning to get here. RG3 should have been pulled no questions asked before the end of the 2nd quarter.

Doughty was a beast though. Gotta love the Doughty.

Hail

Yeah, it's much better for the franchise QB to ***s the bed and wallow in it for more than a half of play.

Archived