Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is the first time I have been disappointed in RGIII

mudhog

we saw early in the thire quarter that rgiii wasn't getting it done. I don't want to get into the bricks with this, but it was on rgiii to take himself out at that point. He couldn't move, he couldn't set and throw and he just left too much on his shoulders that didn't have to be there had he given the green light to cousins, to come in and compete.

Not being a hater and i don't think i will come across that way. Just stating what everyone in the room thought a winner like rgiii would do. We thought he would not let ego take over a decision that was so obvious. Please let me know how you feel.

Doughty was a beast though. Gotta love the doughty.

Hail

agree 100%

I'm truly disturbed by this thread.

The suggestion that he should have sat himself is ridiculous. If Robert can stand he will try to play. This is 110% on the coaching staff. He probably shouldn't have been out there after he tweaked his knee in the first quarter.

But the fact is, he went into the exam room, with Dr. Andrews and came back onto the field. Someone in that chain of command must have said something to the effect "He isn't in any higher risk of an injury than before."

With that being the base assumption, it's hard to say that anyone in this situation wouldn't have let him back out there.

I love this team, and have since I can remember. The loss is as heartbreaking as any in our history. But making rash assumptions about the situation with the privilege of hindsight is terrible.

Can't name one respected player who would have taken himself out

He let Shanahan down....ur coach says be HONEST...can you play EFFECTIVELY to WIn?..,and he says absolutely coach.....THIS IS ON RGIII he should man up and accept responsibility....at some point you have to let ur ego go and not hurt your teammates

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 01:35 AM ----------

I'm truly disturbed by this thread.

The suggestion that he should have sat himself is ridiculous. If Robert can stand he will try to play. This is 110% on the coaching staff. He probably shouldn't have been out there after he tweaked his knee in the first quarter.

But the fact is, he went into the exam room, with Dr. Andrews and came back onto the field. Someone in that chain of command must have said something to the effect "He isn't in any higher risk of an injury than before."

With that being the base assumption, it's hard to say that anyone in this situation wouldn't have let him back out there.

I love this team, and have since I can remember. The loss is as heartbreaking as any in our history. But making rash assumptions about the situation with the privilege of hindsight is terrible.

Solution: Go to another thread

He let Shanahan down....ur coach says be HONEST...can you play EFFECTIVELY to WIn?..,and he says absolutely coach.....THIS IS ON RGIII he should man up and accept responsibility....at some point you have to let ur ego go and not hurt your teammates

I will not go as far as this, he is a rookie. Mike however has done it all and seen it all. I still can't believe he was in the sidelines watching what the rest of us were watching and he didn't put Cousins in there. Mind you we are not talking about a QB like Webb that never had a throw and simply is a huge downgrade. we are talking about a QB that has won two games for you when you had to have them. THAT is what pisses me off the most.

It was a "coaching" decision. The real issue is how serious was the original injury.

RG3 was never the same after the Ravens game.

After Cleveland ... Cousins should have started "all"remaining games.

Now ... all will hold their collective breath the entire off season wondering whether RG3 is damaged goods.

Not a good place.

I work construction with my dad's company. We're the largest restoration company in SoVA. I've been working there since I was barely 15. Some kids get handed everything, and easy job, half as much work with twice the pay when they work for their dads, or so I hear. Me, on the other hand? It's twice the work, half the pay. I started shoveling ****, breaking concrete driveways with not jackhammers but sledgehammers, etc. I worked my way to where I am now. It's a full time job just living up to what my dad expects me to be...twice what everyone else is...and a leader that can take over for him one day. I come to work sick on days I should not. I work injured, and sometimes hurt myself worse in the process...sometimes causing me to end up missing more work than I would have. My wife gets mad because I'll say I'm going to go to work, but I'll come home early if I don't feel any better, or I'll put myself on "light duty". I never leave early, and there's really no such thing as light duty.

When you are held so high and expected so much of (something I, and everyone else here have put on him, and we have NO ONE to blame but ourselves for it) you don't just back down. There is no amount of ego or stupidity involved. It's a winner's attitude. It's toughness. It's determination. It's loyalty, pride, perseverance, leadership. All of which are written on commercials, graphics, banners, and t shirts with pictures of RG3 on them. Are all of these things just slogans on socks to you guys?! Do any of you know what any of them really mean. Have you sat down and thought about what they mean? RG3 has. And he didn't give up tonight, he gave it his all until his feet could not hold him up any longer. WE placed that weight on his shoulders, and he's well aware of it being there. We don't chant "Redskins". We don't chant "Shanahan". We don't chant "Morris". There is no "Cousins" chant. It's R-G-3. If you don't want him to feel this way, maybe you should think before you act. Because he did exactly what is expected of him and nothing more.

Like I said in the game thread, some of you need to sit down and think about who exactly you are rooting for rather than just blurting something out without thinking about the implications. That's the cause of a whole lot more ****ed up things in this world than just football.

P.S. let me add, I agree that he should've been taken out. But the idea that he should have taken himself out is ludicrous, and wreaks of someone never having been in that situation themselves before.

I don't think Robert will ever think he's incapable of making plays. That is the confidence we rode to the playoffs. It's the coaching staff that is supposed to have any measure of objectivity in this situation.

Totally wrong dude. it takes a leader to know if there is someone that might do a better job.

The reason Griffin is who he is though is because he believes he gives the team the best chance to win. He is never gonna step down and that certainly isn't any sort of flaw or knock on him for not coming out. The guy is a rookie and left his heart on the field. Shanahan said Robert told him "there is a difference between injuried and hurt.... I'm hurting coach but give me a chance to win the game." They will learn from this and move on.

I will not go as far as this, he is a rookie. Mike however has done it all and seen it all. I still can't believe he was in the sidelines watching what the rest of us were watching and he didn't put Cousins in there. Mind you we are not talking about a QB like Webb that never had a throw and simply is a huge downgrade. we are talking about a QB that has won two games for you when you had to have them. THAT is what pisses me off the most.

Shanahan has asked him repeatedly in the past...are you ok? he was clearly not....and RGIII says yes coach I am great....even Shanahan said earlier Robert has this lame line "If I can play in the game that means I am 100%"...and then smiles sheephishly after the quote.....I love RGIII but I am dissapointed with him as well....he is the second coming in DC....Shanahan needs him to speak up as well...

Listen, I think honesty is the best policy, but what else do you expect him to say? For someone to be truly great, you have to go above and beyond the call of duty. Sometimes, that requires you to do things that may not be best for your own well being. That's what RGIII did before and after he was benched. Even when it was obvious that he couldn't go, he said "yeah, I'm ready to roll." That's the mark of a competitor. That's what separates people like us from people like him. They can, and will, go out on a bad knee and will a team to victory. That's exactly what he's been doing.

Furthermore, he's a rookie. He's a young man in a very competitive environment that was chosen by his peers to be a team captain. Do you really think he's going to back out of a fight? Do you really think he's going to be completely honest about his condition? It was up to the coaching staff, men who are older and wiser than Robert, to do what was best for him. It was up to them to listen to the doctors and observe him during practice/during games to make sure he's up to snuff. That's their job. His job is to go out and lead his team to victory.

Solution: Go to another thread

What is your assessment of the situation?

Did Dr. Andrews examine RGIII or not?

Did Dr. Andrews advise the coaches after his exam?

Was the injury that took RGIII out of the game a non-contact freak accident or one where he made a terrible decision that put himself at risk?

I'm curious as to your answers since you seem to think I am so out of touch with reality that I should simply leave the thread.

I work construction with my dad's company. We're the largest restoration company in SoVA. I've been working there since I was barely 15. Some kids get handed everything, and easy job, half as much work with twice the pay when they work for their dads, or so I hear. Me, on the other hand? It's twice the work, half the pay. I started shoveling ****, breaking concrete driveways with not jackhammers but sledgehammers, etc. I worked my way to where I am now. It's a full time job just living up to what my dad expects me to be...twice what everyone else is...and a leader that can take over for him one day. I come to work sick on days I should not. I work injured, and sometimes hurt myself worse in the process...sometimes causing me to end up missing more work than I would have. My wife gets mad because I'll say I'm going to go to work, but I'll come home early if I don't feel any better, or I'll put myself on "light duty". I never leave early, and there's really no such thing as light duty.

When you are held so high and expected so much of (something I, and everyone else here have put on him, and we have NO ONE to blame but ourselves for it) you don't just back down. There is no amount of ego or stupidity involved. It's a winner's attitude. It's toughness. It's determination. It's loyalty, pride, perseverance, leadership. All of which are written on commercials, graphics, banners, and t shirts with pictures of RG3 on them. Are all of these things just slogans on socks to you guys?! Do any of you know what any of them really mean. Have you sat down and thought about what they mean? RG3 has. And he didn't give up tonight, he gave it his all until his feet could not hold him up any longer. WE placed that weight on his shoulders, and he's well aware of it being there. We don't chant "Redskins". We don't chant "Shanahan". We don't chant "Morris". There is no "Cousins" chant. It's R-G-3. If you don't want him to feel this way, maybe you should think before you act. Because he did exactly what is expected of him and nothing more.

Like I said in the game thread, some of you need to sit down and think about who exactly you are rooting for rather than just blurting something out without thinking about the implications. That's the cause of a whole lot more ****ed up things in this world than just football.

P.S. let me add, I agree that he should've been taken out. But the idea that he should have taken himself out is ludicrous, and wreaks of someone never having been in that situation themselves before.

OK...if you have a wildly contagious sickness will you still go to work because you have a great work ethic? Even though you may get everyone else sick...they take it home and then get their kids sick. etc....at some point you have to think beyond just yourself...look I love RGIII...but he isnt beyond reproach

The reason Griffin is who he is though is because he believes he gives the team the best chance to win. He is never gonna step down and that certainly isn't any sort of flaw or knock on him for not coming out. The guy is a rookie and left his heart on the field. Shanahan said Robert told him "there is a difference between injuried and hurt.... I'm hurting coach but give me a chance to win the game." They will learn from this and move on.

I hate to even say anything negative about this kid because like the rest of you I love him so much. But when your coach asks you are you ok can you play and you say yes then its on HIS shoulders. he basically lied and hurt his team. How can he say I can play when he can't walk. Yes Mike should have made that decision for him, but he is a captain and supposedly a leader of this team. You need to be honest with yourself and your coach.

Shanahan has asked him repeatedly in the past...are you ok? he was clearly not....and RGIII says yes coach I am great....even Shanahan said earlier Robert has this lame line "If I can play in the game that means I am 100%"...and then smiles sheephishly after the quote.....I love RGIII but I am dissapointed with him as well....he is the second coming in DC....Shanahan needs him to speak up as well...

He's just got to be smarter than that. He can't let his bravado override your considerable brainpower. And Shanahan's supposed to be the fail safe and he let his QB down. Forget what RG3 says out of his mouth, Shanahan's watching the game, he knows RG3's self status report is full of crap.

Man I had them at 5 wins, how foolish am I. They should've won this game.

They won 7 games in a row, they built a brick foundation, They have a strong RB, a good QB. It turns out our Qb was hurt, and playing hurt. No need to question anymore I am damn proud of them. Our future is bright my friends. HTTR!!!

RGIII is an ace athlete, and a very smart man (4.0 in college if I'm right). He's learning every day, and is now no longer a rookie. He isn't a Vick, and I think we are in shape for years to come. This will not be our only division ring with him behind center.

Disappointed? Really? Sorry, but I rather have players who will always lay it all on the line hurt or not. RG3 did more than what was expected of him, he played hurt and never gave up. It's Shanny's job to take him out. Who the hell wants a QB that'll bench himself!?!

I hate to even say anything negative about this kid because like the rest of you I love him so much. But when your coach asks you are you ok can you play and you say yes then its on HIS shoulders. he basically lied and hurt his team. How can he say I can play when he can't walk. Yes Mike should have made that decision for him, but he is a captain and supposedly a leader of this team. You need to be honest with yourself and your coach.

That's just it though, the person he is believed he could do enough to win so why would he take himself out? To say he lied and hurt the team I feel is a little overboard but to each their own. I think we can all agree we are lucky he didn't hurt himself worse and next year will have a better feel on when to get down so this doesn't happen again.

Archived