Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Andy Reid close to Chiefs deal(He's now the Chiefs new Head Coach)

DCranon21

Really? I kind of feel the same way about Arizona - that they are basically only missing a QB.

They drafted an RB this year and they still have Fitz and the rookie from ND at WR. Their D is pretty good.

I would think Arizona is closer to competiting than KC. KC is a mess.

Look at the divisions. NFC West a lot tougher than the AFC West

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121583/article/andy-reid-nearing-deal-to-coach-kansas-city-chiefs

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the former Philadelphia Eagles coach's people have started the process of canceling potential interviews with the San Diego Chargers and Arizona Cardinals, according to a source briefed on Reid's plans. One person whom Reid has spoken with believes a deal is getting close with the Chiefs, who are making a hard push to keep the coach from talking to other teams.

Yeah, the NFC West is tough. Chiefs have talent though, especially on defense with guys like Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hal, and Berry in the secondary. I wonder what the hell happened to Glenn Dorsey though. He was one of the most dominant college interior lineman that I've ever seen, yet it's like he went to KC and fell off the face of the earth.

Yeah, the NFC West is tough. Chiefs have talent though, especially on defense with guys like Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hal, and Berry in the secondary. I wonder what the hell happened to Glenn Dorsey though. He was one of the most dominant college interior lineman that I've ever seen, yet it's like he went to KC and fell off the face of the earth.

Dorsey is miscast as a 3-4 DE. TBH I thought he would still be good as a DE in a 34 due to his physical athletic ability but I guess he never bought in to playing DE in a 3-4.

Did we even beat the Chiefs in '09? All I remember from that game was one of the worst long runs I've ever seen in football (High School/College/Pros/Canada/Two Hand Touch.)

Anyways, I look forward to that game. Kind of funny that in his first season on a different team, he'll still have to face the NFC East

This is tough, I think this is a good choice for Andy mainly because the chiefs have the first pick and he could address the QB in the draft. Is Barkley number one worthy no; I think Geno Smith is better, maybe hold off till Landry Jones I dunno. I think this is a good gig for him but bad for Jamaal Charles.

This is tough, I think this is a good choice for Andy mainly because the chiefs have the first pick and he could address the QB in the draft. Is Barkley number one worthy no; I think Geno Smith is better, maybe hold off till Landry Jones I dunno. I think this is a good gig for him but bad for Jamaal Charles.

There is no QB this year worthy of a top 10 pick let alone first overall IMO. That's the problem for QB needy teams - it's a poor year at face value for that position. They may be able to trade back and pick up say a Geno Smith or even further and take Barkely or maybe Landry Jones top of the 2nd but I don't see any of hese guys being a QB you take and build your franchise around with great confidence a la RGIII or Luck.

Maybe he takes Vick if/when the Eagles release him as a stop gap.

The Cardinals might have the worst O-line in football, and no real threat at RB, so I see why KC would appeal to Reid. I've talked to a few Chiefs fans, and they think that Charles will finally be used as a Westbrook-type along with his running. Charles is supposedly a very good receiver out of the backfield, but neither Haley nor Crennel used him as such. Reid will do his best to keep Bowe as well. And it looks like I'm losing my neighbor, as Juan was contacted by Andy.

Finally, KC is known for having the best BBQ in the country...let's not discount that. :-)

Boy is he inheriting a mess there. No GM, NO QB, all he has is Jamaal Charles at RB. Gonna be a long few years to rebuild that mess.

Reid will probably be the GM.

As you said, they have a beast RB (which Reid will never use).

They desperately need a QB.

The Defense isn't horrible, maybe a corner or two.

Archived