Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Win Over Cowboys Replayed Tonight on NFL Network... What to Watch For?

Dan T.

Loved hearing RG3 wired for sound, especially the moment with Moss at the end and how appreciative he was.

And Collinsworth was awful. Showed absolutely no excitement when the Skins scored that last TD. He sounded more disappointed that Dallas couldn't stop them. I think Aikman would've been better

Ogletree and Romo sits to pee arguing after the first interception ahaha

And I'm going to watch to see why they shut down our passing game

I recorded the game and have watched it a couple times. They didn't show much downfield, but it looked like the Cowboys literally played 2 deep on every play the whole game. Nothing was open mid to long range deep. Hence the slants and screens and run after run after run with their safties not helping because they were too deep. Didn't look like the Boys adjusted....ever. Looks to me like Robert took what the D gave him and that isn't always bad.

After watching the replay we have to do a better job of putting the game away offensively in the 4th quarter like we did against the Giants at home. We had two chances to put Dallas away and had to punt both times late in the 4th. Thank God for Rob Jackson and Haslett's blitz call or things could have gotten dicey. Great win but still room for improvement overall. We're not gonna see Tony Romo sits to pee in the playoffs....

Same thing happened in Philly in the 4th quarter too....we're living dangerously but we're NFC East champs.

London Fletcher & Hall both dropped what could have been game-changing INTs. Especially Hall, as Bryant had fallen down. If Hall manages to come down with it, even with the initial bobble, he may take it the other way. Also Fletcher might have been run down by Witten, but not after a significant return.

Both are usually pretty sure-handed when the ball hits them in the hands.

Also, on Rob Jackson's INT, the guy just made a heads-up smart play. If you watch Romo sits to pee pre-snap, he tells the RB to go run out into the flat, counting on the 'Skins blitz leaving the RB wide open for a huge gain. Rob said on the radio after the win, that he saw Romo sits to pee "motioning to the RB" so he knew that Romo sits to pee's mind was made up that the ball was going there if he felt pressure from the blitz.

Well, the ball is snapped, Perry Riley breaks free on the inside, Rob Jackson fakes blitzing on the outside, and then instead jams out to the flat to cover the RB, and INTERCEPTION. Such a smart play.

Ogletree and Romo sits to pee arguing after the first interception ahaha

it's almost a perfect compare contrast situation. Griffin walks the sideline, look for anyone to talk up, Romo sits to pee looks around for anyone he can yell at.

---------- Post added January-2nd-2013 at 11:22 PM ----------

Loved hearing RG3 wired for sound, especially the moment with Moss at the end and how appreciative he was.

And Collinsworth was awful. Showed absolutely no excitement when the Skins scored that last TD. He sounded more disappointed that Dallas couldn't stop them. I think Aikman would've been better

Collinsworth talked up some Skins players though.

A heads up... The NFL Network's "NFL Replay" features the Redskins' Sunday win over the Cowboys tonight at 9:00. I was blessed to be able to go to the game Sunday. But here are a couple of things I missed watching the game from the stands:

- Joe Gibbs cheering on the team from the owner's box.

- Clinton Portis cheering on as Alfred Morris eclipsed his rookie rushing mark.

- How Josh LeRibius did filling in for Kory Lichtenstieger.

- The officials' blown delay of game no-call on Witten's touchdown.

Anything else I should look for as I rewatch the game tonight? Because I'll definitely be watching.

Cofield was also mugged on that no call delay of game.

RG3 talking to Morris after the game: "You see that? aint been there since 99. We did it in one year baby"

hail to the mother****in yeaah

We got RG3, we got Morris, Crawford had an INT, Librieus finally sees game action and we don't miss a beat. Cousins won us a game on the trip to the playoffs. This is one hell of a rookie class.

Collinsworth was awful. Showed absolutely no excitement when the Skins scored that last TD. He sounded more disappointed that Dallas couldn't stop them. I think Aikman would've been better

He was getting excited on Dal@ss drive before the last INT as if Romo sits to pee had finally figured out the defense. Too bad and too sad for him that Romo sits to pee was still Romo sits to pee.

And, as expected, Chris Collinsworth is just as annoying the second time.

It was so obvious he was rooting for the Cowboys. I even tried to give him the benefit of the doubt on most of his comments, but it was just so lopsided. He did make a few, measured comments about the Redskins that were positive, but with Romo sits to pee...you would think he was watching his son play...or his domestic partner!

I thought LeRib played pretty well. Hatcher pushed him backed on that last pass play where Hatcher ended up getting flagged for hitting RG3 in the head. But on other passing plays, LeRib held his own. He also had some nice downfield blocks on run plays. It looked like Trent was kind of praising him in the huddle a couple of times, patting him on his helmet & back as he said something to him.

And speaking of Trent, during the last sack by Spencer, he had Ware's hand up under his grill trying to push him back. Trent just stood his ground and didn't move. I mean, it was like Ware was pushing against a brick wall. Awesome....

My favorite of the night. 3:20 left in the 4th quarter:

Collinsworth: Wouldn't it be amazing, the blitz beats them all night long and in the final drive, they can finally solve the rubik's cube and it's with the guy (Witten) that's his favorite receiver.

Michaels: With three minutes left, pressure is on..unloaded....AND IT'S INTERCEPTED...by Rob Jackson

Collinsworth: Awwww :ols:

Absolutely one of the best segments of the game for me!!! :dallasuck

HTTR!!!

So, after watching the game a second time with a more analytical perspective, just how bad was RG3? I was very concerned about his accuracy while I watched the game, but perhaps that was just my nerves magnifying the problems.

Archived